• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

wHkUk.png

Choc

Banned
guys GUYS

i shit you not

a liberal drone (liberal MP in south australia) just tweeted that Lance Armstrong cheating is the ALP's fault.

Rob Lucas ‏@Rob_Lucas
Labor's record-AAA lost,OlympicDam deferred,DesalPlant mothballed,water price tripled,Armstrong drug cheat,$13b debt,$867m deficit! Enough!

Choc

Banned
Choc was talking about having to pay the full amount to pre-order. I think there was some miscommunication at EBExpo.

Or Sony Australia spreading false rumours.

someone on Twitter said their local EB made em pay the lot.

Eatchildren, assuming you have review code and are playing it, did you like Journey? Just wondering because if you think the unfinished swan is crap and journey is good

i am a bit puzzled :)

Omikron

guys GUYS

i shit you not

a liberal drone (liberal MP in south australia) just tweeted that Lance Armstrong cheating is the ALP's fault.

Rob Lucas ‏@Rob_Lucas
Labor's record-AAA lost,OlympicDam deferred,DesalPlant mothballed,water price tripled,Armstrong drug cheat,$13b debt,$867m deficit! Enough!

^ heh.

guys GUYS

i shit you not

Rob Lucas ‏@Rob_Lucas
Liberal drones can't make jokes? These are the people who chose Tony Abbott as party leader.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eatchildren, assuming you have review code and are playing it, did you like Journey? Just wondering because if you think the unfinished swan is crap and journey is good

i am a bit puzzled :)

I don't have review code, but I'm not sold on the game. It looks mechanically bland and boring, like it's trying to ride entirely off the avant garde presentation and story telling. Which is fine, if that's what it wants to do, because those games/experiences have a place. But I'm not seeing any parallels to Journey, as that was very solid and tightly designed and interesting to interact with on a mechanical level.

Choc

Banned
I don't have review code, but I'm not sold on the game. It looks mechanically bland and boring, like it's trying to ride entirely off the avant garde presentation and story telling. Which is fine, if that's what it wants to do, because those games/experiences have a place. But I'm not seeing any parallels to Journey, as that was very solid and tightly designed and interesting to interact with on a mechanical level.

Exactly everything everyone was saying before journey come out :)

You might be right and you may not like it at all, but if you loved Journey then I can see you liking UFS

Choc

Banned
Not understanding the big deal people are making about that tweet. Am I missing something?

Basically Fred, the tweet implies that the Liberals are so negative in thinking they actually don't think about what they are saying the ALP broke before they say it.

So yeah, Gillard caused lance to dope, well before she was even in Government.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Exactly everything everyone was saying before journey come out :)

You might be right and you may not like it at all, but if you loved Journey then I can see you liking UFS

Except I wasn't saying that before Journey came out because Thatgamecompany has a tried and true history of putting effort into the mechanics and interactivity of their title to the point where it serves as a platform for what they're trying to achieve. Their whole design philosophy is creating interactive experiences in the purest sense: not just a focus on graphics, or story telling, but everything, and telling that story through interesting interactive design. That's why Journey worked, because it was just like Flower, and just like Flow.

When people start drawing comparisons to shit like The Unfinished Swan I can't help but believe it's a shallow parallel that extends no further than "they're both kinda arty". Like, that's it. The graphics are goofy. And it's all meta and mysterious in the story. And it's not a corridor shooter. So um. Art games!

Like, I'll play The Unfinished Swan one day. And like I said, games like that have their place. But when I look at it I don't see Journey. I don't see anything interesting on a mechanical level. I see a neat visual presentation and boring mechanics stringing together what is primarily visual/audio/narrative experience. Nothing I've seen so far, from the original teaser to E3 gameplay footage, has convinced me otherwise.

But we'll see. Simply looking goofy with a neat mysterious story isn't enough for me to go ape shit for the next quirky art game.

Basically Fred, the tweet implies that the Liberals are so negative in thinking they actually don't think about what they are saying the ALP broke before they say it.

So yeah, Gillard caused lance to dope, well before she was even in Government.
Or the guy made a joke. But how likely is that?

Choc

Banned
you could be right EatChildren, absolutely.

Journey is a game that enthralled me and captured me for the few hours it lasted. It was an experience rather than a game.

Really hoping UFS lives up to that in the final build but yeah it would take a lot to match journey.

I think what the IGN guy is implying is that like journey this is a game about art and experience rather than dude bro shooter fuck you off and die etc

edit:

lol if that was a joke then NOBODY on the internet has taken it that way lulz

midonnay

^^^^^ not just chair sniffing ....he had a fling with a greens MP

yeah he cray cray alright...

if he is talking about SA

isn't the tour down under in adelaide....

it could be reference to that (armstrong rode in it)

Choc

Banned
That guy is on the same side as Tony Abbott, therefore he is a cunt

</choclogic>

not all those who are on the abbott side of politics are cunts, there are exceptions

those who are relentless negative shitheads and never positive (such as tony) are cunts because they don't realise that talking down the economy and scaring the shit out of everyone actually destroys the economy...

but he doesn't care. As Tony Windsor says, he will do anything to get in power.

Fredescu

AAA rating + olympic dam + tour down under + such a small deficit = south australia

I don't think it was a joke....
He's an MP in the State Government of SA. The talking points are obviously SA state issues. Not seeing why you'd take it seriously in that context.

midonnay

He's an MP in the State Government of SA. The talking points are obviously SA state issues. Not seeing why you'd take it seriously in that context.

you shouldn't ..... it was political rhetoric which has been misquoted by twitterers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-...-reveal-armstrong-payments/4313212?section=sa

The South Australian Opposition says it is time for the State Government to tell taxpayers how much it paid Lance Armstrong and his related companies for his Tour Down Under appearances.

jambo

We know the principal of MLC, Rosa Storelli, was on a five-year contract with an annual salary of $510,000 and a $50,000 bonus. It has been widely noted that this is more than the salary of the Prime Minister or Premier. But perhaps more telling is the comparison to other school principals. A top principal of a large public secondary school is paid $165,000 a year - that's 3½ times less than Storelli.

It has also been revealed that the personal assistant to the principal at MLC was on a salary of $115,000 a year. This is more than a level 1 principal earns as the head of a public school - $109,000 a year.

What the fucking fuck is this fucking shit? Cunts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom