• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I actually think that's a better way than roll calling each tut and treating (basically) adults as kids. Like, if you go to tuts, you do better. If you don't, you won't fail, you just won't do that well. Your choice.

Hmmmm.

Well, some non-tute-goers would go down in flames anyway, I guess.

Shaneus

Are you guys against shitty reviews where it's clear that it's a case of a game not suiting the reviewer rather than the game being genuinely shit?

Well, you can do something about it!

I wrote this comment this morning on a shitty, shitty IGN review of WRC3. Someone in the WRC3 thread here came up with the idea to upvote it so the author sees it. For the uninitiated, WRC3 is a game based on the World Rally Championship and isn't developed by a massive company like Codemasters or Polyphony, nor is it published by a big-name business like Activision or Microsoft. It's been developed by Milestone (who have previously worked on the SBK motorcycle series) and published by Black Bean (who?).

So, if you hate shitty reviews, go here and upvote! It might not make a difference... but it just might. The fact that a small game company could have a poor selling but great game on their hands because of sites like IGN, while the sorry excuse for a "finished" game F1 2012 (now on it's seventh patch since it came out three weeks ago) becomes a blockbuster because it's able to blind reviewers with glitz and glam long enough for them to push out a glowing review before it's cracks start to show.

Normally you can skip 2 tutorials in a semester and be ok with attendance and participation, in my uni at least.

I started going to uni more though when my international student friends told me they pay like $4000 a subject, so around $16000 a semester. The monetary value of lectures actually went up in my mind after that.
I'm the same. Even for domestic students it's like 900 a course, skipping class seems like such a waste. None of the classes I do are lectopia'd either, and I don't want to miss important stuff.

Ningo

I don't mean to get all giddy like a school girl, but Gavin Wanganeen is on the flight back to Adelaide!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nice, He used to live around the corner from me in Walkerville.

In other news, still looking for an accounting graduate position :(. Got to the final stage of the ATO process but completely stuffed up the easy written assessment after the interview because of stressing myself out before hand so I couldn't concentrate and kept looking at the clock.

I have 5 applications out at the moment so I hope something sticks. I worked July and August as an assistant accountant at a property management and development company but that was more a book keeping position and wasn't going to allow me to do my CA.

Starting to get really pissed off with the government organisations because you go for an interview, it goes well, then they never get back to you. I ring, they say we haven't made a decision yet but we will in the next week and we'll get back to you. 4 months later -_-

Then there was RM Williams who were looking for a graduate accountant in January who I went for two interviews with and they didn't have the guts to tell me sorry, but we gave it to the "experienced" guy. Even after I called them and they said they would get back to me the following week.

No place for a straight shooter, employers want to be lied to.
/end bitch

Hmm XCOM or hitting people with my car door in sleeping dogs time?

Sometimes I like to argue the opposite of what I think to see if I can convince myself otherwise. Usually it just makes me look like an idiot rather than the better man.
Oh, I know that. I'm just an arsehole that does the same but sometimes tries to bail out of a discussion by diverting attention away from the true point by making flippant offhand remarks.

Dead Man

I am ashamed of this country.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-...g-boat-arrivals-without-hearing-cases/4316670
The ABC has learned the Immigration Department has begun rejecting some asylum seekers who arrive by boat without hearing their case or allowing them to see a lawyer to discover their rights.

The right to seek asylum is an internationally accepted legal principle and it has long been a cornerstone assumption that asylum seekers are told their rights when they arrive in Australia.

But one of Australia's most experienced immigration lawyers, Michaela Byers, has told PM that is no longer the case.

This is what happens when you process asylum claims based on their manner of arrival.

Ningo

Waiting for Soundgarden to come out and tour for their new album, didn't go to Big Day Out this year because i'd rather see them at their own show.

Dream show would be a Soundgarden and Pearl Jam joint show but that would be pretty brutal on Matt Cameron the drummer lol would be great to see them perform some temple of the dog songs live.

I went to linkin park in 2009, i think it was, just to see Chris Cornell open for them and he played Hungerstrike which was awesome. It was truly disheartening while waiting outside for hours that so many people didn't know who he is.

Edit. Oh shit, think I just progressed from junior! took long enough

This is what happens when you process asylum claims based on their manner of arrival.
We should process them dependant on how they operate a BBQ. If they close the lid we close our doors and hearts.

But seriously, when you deny asylum seekers the very basic rights it's become an absolute disgrace.

Dead Man

We should process them dependant on how they operate a BBQ. If they close the lid we close our doors and hearts.

But seriously, when you deny asylum seekers the very basic rights it's become an absolute disgrace.

If they are happy to eat my BBQ and stand around shooting the shit I think they should stay.

I feel like you both have strong arguments. Planet_JASE, how would you feel about a 6 month grace period? If they are still closing the lid after that they can get kicked out?

As long as they're willing to change their ways completely to my line of thinking and give up all aspects of their own culture in order to fully assimilate, then I'll meet them half way and give them a 6 month breather.

It's all about compromise and each party meeting half way. You know?

hamchan

Just finished Tales of the Abyss 3DS in 35 hours over a few months, when in my younger days it would have taken my one weekend.

midonnay

lol, ms surface RT 500 US without the cover.

so it should be about the same as an Ipad.

US100 for the keyboard cover and 20 bucks to change colour

So this site seems to have some cool shirts.

levelupstudios-buttersafe-detour-750.jpg

levelupstudios-blowme-750.jpg
http://www.levelupstudios.com

Deeku

^^I like the first one! 2nd one meh..

Just finished Tales of the Abyss 3DS in 35 hours
Oh that's an alright length, should get back to playing it!

Actually been 3ds-ing a lot recently. Still playing the new Fire Emblem (JP), it's sooo good! There's also quite a bit of free spotpass dlc stuff too!

next melb gaf meet up!

oct 19th! 5pm, in the CBD

participants include
holycheck
bananaarnie
omi
aon
lafiel
evlcookie
man
shaneus

maybe
eat children
Megadrive + lady megadrive
fappen

showing up later
aniseed

fuck you
cods

weather forcast:
mostly sunny,22

Caved and bought an original Zelda FDS advert (as shown on the left here). I tried to get out without it, I really did.

Would've liked to get the Ninja Gaiden one, but that was getting into stupid price territory.

There are entire stores dedicated to selling gatchapon toys that people won from the machines but didn't want. They can get really expensive, too. This tiny Famicom was ¥1500.

If you guys want anything let me know and if I'm able to bring it back I shall. Not a lot of room in the pack though!

ALSO: HOW FUCKING GOOD IS XCOM? SO GOOD.

So good.

I'm so close to losing and yet I still can't stand to lose anything more than a squaddie, I want to drag this first game out as long as possible. I don't think I could do ironman I get so fucking frustrated when I lose a Captain + because of some dumb mistake I made.

Omikron

So good.

I'm so close to losing and yet I still can't stand to lose anything more than a squaddie, I want to drag this first game out as long as possible. I don't think I could do ironman I get so fucking frustrated when I lose a Captain + because of some dumb mistake I made.

I am still on my first game (Normal+Ironman) and yeah, it is pretty frustrating when you make an error of judgement and cringe as your guy gets flanked by a guy you didn't know was there and dies. :(

But, hey, that is XCOM I guess. Reloading would feel kinda wrong to me.

Fusebox

Banned
I had to turn Good Game off this morning halfway through, their Dishonored review looked like it was about to spoil all kinds of good stuff.

Fusebox

Banned
No they don't. They only go up to half-marks, so that's what, a 20 point rating scale?

The reviews are thorough, the in-game footage is well recorded and the features like 'postcards from...' are slick and entertaining. GG needs more love from Aussie gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom