• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$112.55 including booking fees.

Nope. Not happening. Especially since it will cost me $40+ to get there and then another $40+ in food/drink.

Plus all the articles I grew up reading where they say that people should only pay $20 to go see a band keep popping up in my mind. Stupid pop punkers. :/

Frawdder

Seems like a lot of money to hope that nostalgia is a hell of a drug on the night.
12-13 year old me would love to go but 25 year old me is not so keen on the idea. Ticket plus flights and accommodation is a little too much. I will see them at Soundwave at least, so that's something.

Dude I heard people talking a week or two ago about how reasonable they thought paying $250+ to see Pink was a good price. Seriously. I wouldn't pay that for a festival full of bands I loved.

Shaneus

Inshiption
I don't think that'll float.
"binders full of women" XD
Who said what now?
Damnit. When I was 18 I made a pact with a mate at uni that if Blink 182 ever reformed we would go see them.

But their latest album was fucking terrible.

But they are charging $105.

But I will look creepy as shit as a balding man moving into his late 20's at a pop punk concert.

>_<
At least you'll look better than them. Guaranteed. But I'd save your money. I doubt they'd sound any different from the hundreds of bands that cover their songs.

Pretty sure that for around the same price, you could see someone like... well, ANYONE. Wait for some old Aussie band to tour your area, where it'll only cost you ~$40 for entry, booze, a taxi and a damn good time. Probably someone like Noiseworks, Screaming Jets or Ratcat.

Shaneus

Same here. Janet in particular is one of the coolest people I've ever met.

Now back to working on my show and trying to tell people to watch it :D
I actually caught the Japanese stream a little while ago and quite enjoyed it. But I have a shitty memory and haven't remembered to watch your show since :/

You need to remind me when it's on or something. Directly. Or now, so I can set a reminder in my phone.

PS. Guys? Girls? Carmageddon is out and free for the first 24hrs on iOS. As far as ports of anything go, it's bang-on perfect. Updated from the PC version, but not too much. Controls feel surprisingly good. And it's only 100mb. And it has Die Anna in it who is quite attractive (but wasn't 18 at the time of filming so don't get any ideas guys).

I actually caught the Japanese stream a little while ago and quite enjoyed it. But I have a shitty memory and haven't remembered to watch your show since :/

You need to remind me when it's on or something. Directly. Or now, so I can set a reminder in my phone.

Oh yes. Caught you in that chat!

10:30pm every Monday night on C31. We've got web versions that usually go up after the show, so there's that. Need to tweet them out a bit more often.

Shaneus

Oh yes. Caught you in that chat!

10:30pm every Monday night on C31. We've got web versions that usually go up after the show, so there's that. Need to tweet them out a bit more often.
Oh yes, I spoke about Sega World at great length!

I'll try and remember that. I assume there's a decent backlog of them on the web as well, or are they just kept for x days?

BTW guys, my crusade against shitty reviewers who review games they clearly have no idea about is moving along nicely. So far my comment that reams out the reviewer is at the top of the list and the first to appear under the review. Thinking about tweeting the reviewer a link to see what he thinks (and maybe get a response). Or maybe I won't so then if he doesn't respond, I can take it as an admission of incompetency. Either way.

Rezbit

Reckon I'll book a ticket to go as well. Seems like a pretty rare sort of thing to go to.

Site doesnt seem to be working for me.

Edit: Done. Going to Sydney :D

Dear cods,

While you're picking shit up for other people, wanna have a look out for any Mizuguchi related stuff? In particular, Rez. But I'm also impartial to pretty much anything Sega if it's knick-knacky enough and not too much bother.

But if you do want to bother, a white J-Saturn would be nice.

Cheers,
Shaneus

PS. If you pull through, I'll forgive you for the whole Tim Schafer ticket fiasco. Promise
Have a feeling I saw a Space Channel 5 Dreamcast at Mandarake Osaka. Was that a thing? Wife's already commandeered most of the room for souvenirs so unlikely to bring much big back.

jambo

Soundgarden are releasing a new album? What the hell.

Same as Black Sabbath (sans Ward). They're touring too, 2013 in Aus.

Snap. The most I've paid and probably the last I'll ever pay that much. I can't think of who else would tempt me to part with that much.

What if Gilmour announces that he'll tour Australia after his next solo album is released?

I shudder to think how much I'd be willing to pay to see him live.

Clipper

I'm booked in for the Zelda performance on the 1st. Thanks for the link, Vook. We'll definitely do some SydGAF stuff around then for all you guys visiting us :D.

jambo

I know there are a lot of people in here playing Borderlands 2, so if you are having performance issues with the latest patch on PC, be sure to switch PhysX off.

It seems to be broken (lots of frame drops and stuttering) since the DLC update came out, although it may only be contained to the new areas.

Soundgarden are releasing a new album? What the hell.

On the same wagon as old Jerry Cantrell I guess.

PS> Now getting all nostalgic and shit for 90s music. :-/
Was a gibbon as soon as Audioslave broke up. His solo shitsnack album cemented it. Gotta feed the kids somehow.

Fogz

So this dog followed me home from work. The whole way. It takes about an hour.

Guess I have to keep it in the yard and call the pound in the morning :p

SnowTeeth

Banned
So this dog followed me home from work. The whole way. It takes about an hour.

Guess I have to keep it in the yard and call the pound in the morning :p

Dude, this is my first time posting on this thread so I will understand if I'm completely off base, but if you're serious and in Sydney (Ryde), I'll take that pup off you. I won't eat it I promise.

r1chard

I just wanted to say that people running critical database-backed routing software in tiny Linux VMs on a Windows host and then say that 80% wait time is OK why don't I just fix my software can go fuck themselves.

Omikron

I just wanted to say that people running critical database-backed routing software in tiny Linux VMs on a Windows host and then say that 80% wait time is OK why don't I just fix my software can go fuck themselves.
Lol. I have a lot of dislike of vms at times because of similar reasons.

Shaneus

Man, this Four Corners thing on Armstrong that Omi recommended is damning as fuck. Great watch. Still on iView (and I think it'll be on there for a while... there were older ones that had been there for a few weeks).
Have a feeling I saw a Space Channel 5 Dreamcast at Mandarake Osaka. Was that a thing? Wife's already commandeered most of the room for souvenirs so unlikely to bring much big back.
If it's a full-size thing, I wouldn't worry about it. I was just thinking if there was something pocket-sized (regardless of cost) it'd be awesome.

However, if it's not that much and it looks cool and you could be fucked and you really want me to forget about the Tim Schafer thing, then go for it ;)

Got a $10 voucher for LOGS, can't decide on Halo CE for $13, Theatrhythm for $18 or pre-order the new Sonic racing game for $27. Help!

Also lol News Corp.
Paid $580 million for Myspace, sell it for $35 million.
Paid $650 million for IGN et al, sell for hopefully $100 million.

Pretty sure that for around the same price, you could see someone like... well, ANYONE. Wait for some old Aussie band to tour your area, where it'll only cost you ~$40 for entry, booze, a taxi and a damn good time. Probably someone like Noiseworks, Screaming Jets or Ratcat.
Hmm. Feeling more like paying $110 to see Blink 182 now :)

Anyway since I only paid like $80 to see NIN on their Farewell tour I think that is definitely my ceiling for concerts.

PS. Guys? Girls? Carmageddon is out and free for the first 24hrs on iOS. As far as ports of anything go, it's bang-on perfect. Updated from the PC version, but not too much. Controls feel surprisingly good. And it's only 100mb. And it has Die Anna in it who is quite attractive (but wasn't 18 at the time of filming so don't get any ideas guys).
OH THATS GRATE THANKS FOR POSTING A LINK REAL HELPFUL GUY YOU ARE DURRR

PFFT

I totally forgot to post about it this morning

I bid $10 more than Shaneus will.

midonnay

goddamn, Killer Joe is messed up...

don't watch if you like
KFC

Also the first episode of Black Mirror (Channel 4 UK) is probably the most fucked up piece of television I've ever seen .... highly recommended >_>

senahorse

VMs are fine. VMs on a Windows host running production software? Run for the hills.

All depends what you are running I guess. Like I guess you're in, I am also in a vmware environment and we commonly have issues with IO wait on certain servers, some of which might be because our environment is a little oversubscribed but certain software that is vmware (well approved for virtual environments) approved runs pretty crappy compared to when we run on dedicated hardware.

What good is a link to the app store when the vast majority of people use their computers to read GAF? Genioos.

SOME PEOPLE USE m.neogaf.com GENUS

ALSO DOESNT IT WORK IF YOU HAVE ITUNES INSTALLED ON YOUR PC AND LINKED TO A I ACCOUNT I DONT KNOW I USE THE ANDROID WEBSTORE OR THE MICROSOFT XBOX WEBSTORE LIKE A REGULAR FUCKING PERSON SO WHY CANT APPLE PEOPLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom