• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
I got over the Jung -> Hex swap a while back, she's really grown on me now.

This week they did Carrier Command, Tokyo Jungle, Dishonored and Bad Piggies, check it out on iView, it's worth a watch.

Now you bastards have got me wanted to play XCom even though I've only been at work for like an hour

No they don't. They only go up to half-marks, so that's what, a 20 point rating scale?

The reviews are thorough, the in-game footage is well recorded and the features like 'postcards from...' are slick and entertaining. GG needs more love from Aussie gamers.

Agreed. I like it. It's reviews are pretty fair, and it's not afraid to dish out low scores. Most of the time a score over 8 is pretty solid. Plus its mildly ammusing.

Team Junglist? >_>

points scale? don't they use rubber chickens?

don't really watch it anymore.....

I don't really get the Junglist love. He seemed a bit wierd. I mean it still sucks how he got booted, but that shit happens. He seems to be doing alright for himself still.

Omikron

No they don't. They only go up to half-marks, so that's what, a 20 point rating scale?

The reviews are thorough, the in-game footage is well recorded and the features like 'postcards from...' are slick and entertaining. GG needs more love from Aussie gamers.

I am with you, I think they do a damn fine job.

Stackboy

Team Junglist? >_>

I thought his departure was pretty unfair, but the Bajo and Hex combo has grown on me. It's good to see a gaming tv show grow up a bit with their reviews. Recognizing that grown ups more than kids watch the show and play more mature games.

jambo

My mates and I watch Good Game every week after beers and schnitzels, love it.

The only bad thing to come out of it was that at that Melbourne video game art expo thing they were getting excited about seeing Bajo and Hex and then had no idea who Warren Spector or Tim Schafer were =/

Omikron

I followed Bajo on Twitter for a while and I remember some pretty weird opinions about games. One that sticks out is "The Walking Dead isn't even a real game".

I think I can understand an argument that it is more 'interactive fiction' than a game. Wrong, sure, but I can get the argument at least!

Whatever way you cut it, The Walking Dead is a really, really great experience.

Jintor

Well, it doesn't really have interesting gameplay. It's not a very good systememic game. But the way in which narrative ties into systems (or at least appears to tie into them)... so good.

I should probably play Episode 4 sometime this week or next.

There are entire stores dedicated to selling gatchapon toys that people won from the machines but didn't want. They can get really expensive, too. This tiny Famicom was ¥1500.

If you guys want anything let me know and if I'm able to bring it back I shall. Not a lot of room in the pack though!

im not asking for anything that will break the bank. a mario sound drop or light up mushroom block. something easily recognisable would be more than appreciated. :D

senahorse

I followed Bajo on Twitter for a while and I remember some pretty weird opinions about games. One that sticks out is "The Walking Dead isn't even a real game".

Edit: Source https://twitter.com/bajopants/status/195436642637586433

The full quote has all kinds of wrong:

The walking dead game is not a game and mostly terrible. What happened to awesome telltale stuff like their Wallace and grommet game?

I can understand it not being for everyone, but "mostly terrible"...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Cods, I would be tempted to ask you to get some stuff but I would need to know what they have first.

Tell them to get a website!

im not asking for anything that will break the bank. a mario sound drop or light up mushroom block. something easily recognisable would be more than appreciated. :D
I'll see what I can find. There's TONS of that sort of stuff. What's your favourite franchise?

I was thinking of picking up a few bits and pieces for AusGAF and letting you fight over the useless $1 trinkets.

Cods, I would be tempted to ask you to get some stuff but I would need to know what they have first.

Tell them to get a website!
Mandarake has a website. And they started shipping internationally at reasonable prices (albeit SAL, though they still offer EMS) a few months ago.

Stayed up until 1am 'aquiring' classic ZAZ that had been lost to the DVD void.
Had my first coffee in at least a month today >_< off the fucking wagon again :(

Caved and bought an original Zelda FDS advert (as shown on the left here). I tried to get out without it, I really did.

Would've liked to get the Ninja Gaiden one, but that was getting into stupid price territory.
I cannot express how much I still hate you.
Actually I can.
I hate you a lot right now.

This is awesome!

I got over the Jung -> Hex swap a while back, she's really grown on me now.

This week they did Carrier Command, Tokyo Jungle, Dishonored and Bad Piggies, check it out on iView, it's worth a watch.
Hex is a hell of alot better than Bajo, I can understand where she is coming from, unlike Bajo who confounds me with his statements a lot of the time.

Spawn Point seems really well done for the target demographic. I don't watch much Good Game though, not enough draw. I do like that they offer up content in a timely manner though, helps give it a reason to exist in the Internet-age of instant information.

Dead Man

Hex is a hell of alot better than Bajo, I can understand where she is coming from, unlike Bajo who confounds me with his statements a lot of the time.

Spawn Point seems really well done for the target demographic. I don't watch much Good Game though, not enough draw. I do like that they offer up content in a timely manner though, helps give it a reason to exist in the Internet-age of instant information.

Yeah, Hex is not the problem, she's fine. Solid, if not brilliant. Bajo is the problem. He just shit me to tears with his bouncing up and down and utter lack of gravitas. A Hex/Jung show would have been great.

Fogz

Whenever good game is mentioned someone always brings up Junglist. I never watched the show while he was on so I guess I win?

Shaneus

Dear cods,

While you're picking shit up for other people, wanna have a look out for any Mizuguchi related stuff? In particular, Rez. But I'm also impartial to pretty much anything Sega if it's knick-knacky enough and not too much bother.

But if you do want to bother, a white J-Saturn would be nice.

Cheers,
Shaneus

PS. If you pull through, I'll forgive you for the whole Tim Schafer ticket fiasco. Promise.

So guys. I heard you liked ships, and this was just down near Geelong this morning:
dc5Fw.jpg

Make sure you all have a look at the rest of the photos on that page. The pictures of it carrying a whole fucking oil rig on it's back is pretty fucking awesome.

I'm cool with GG. More down with Gus and their producers though.
Fish? Or Wildgoose? I forget which one is associated with it now :(

Dude was too focused last time on anniversary sex, wouldn't be surprised if they had already had a few drinks at lunch. He knew he had 2 more debates to show Romney for the crabperson he is.

Today he was almost nonchalant in smearing Romney with the shit that was spewing out of his mouth. Almost as if he knew how glorious the scotch would taste after his victory.

Damnit. When I was 18 I made a pact with a mate at uni that if Blink 182 ever reformed we would go see them.

But their latest album was fucking terrible.

But they are charging $105.

But I will look creepy as shit as a balding man moving into his late 20's at a pop punk concert.

>_<

Damnit. When I was 18 I made a pact with a mate at uni that if Blink 182 ever reformed we would go see them.

But their latest album was fucking terrible.

But they are charging $105.

But I will look creepy as shit as a balding man moving into his late 20's at a pop punk concert.

>_<

Plus you've already met a girl, so you don't need to meet her at the rock show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom