• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outside tables are outside. Cant do much about changing the size.
Anyway im all for phones having the photo click sound as compulsory.
I just got creeper shot by an asain lady sitting opposite me on the train.
I told her to delete it but I doubt she has.

:(
I dont want my photo out there. Especially not that one

I wonder which subreddit she is adding you to.
She has blown her cover so if it ends up in Creeper I would call her out in there.

jambo

Just got back from JB, bought Prometheus on Blu-ray. Annoyingly, the only way to get the Blu-ray bonus disc with extra special features was to buy the full 3D+2D+DVD+Digital set. It was only $5 more than the normal Blu-ray, but I just don't need all the extra shit.

I wish I could just buy the 2 disc Blu-ray set for $20.

Salazar

Really? Is it still the 80s? Does the LNP think only gay guys get HIV?

Lawrence Springborg is outright fucken stupid.

This is just increasingly absurd, though

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...for-a08-position/story-e6freon6-1226498534147

Cockend.

Mr Caltabiano did not mention Mr Gommers by name and did not refer to his previous employment as a toy salesman.

But he did state that the previous DLOs hired by the Labor Government had a work history that included working for David Jones department store and as a photographer and radio announcer.

Keyword: "included". Not "limited to", you fuckwits.

Just got back from JB, bought Prometheus on Blu-ray. Annoyingly, the only way to get the Blu-ray bonus disc with extra special features was to buy the full 3D+2D+DVD+Digital set. It was only $5 more than the normal Blu-ray, but I just don't need all the extra shit.

Wait, $20 at JB? I might grab a copy when I am up on the Gold Coast after all!

They have JB Hifi in QLD right?

jambo

Wait, $20 at JB? I might grab a copy when I am up on the Gold Coast after all!

They have JB Hifi in QLD right?

The DVD is $20, the one I got was $35 because it had 3D+2D+DVD+Digital.

I was saying I wished there were a Blu-ray set for $20 with just 2D and special features.

EDIT: Also this digital copy thing is doing my head in. I think it rips the DVD to a digital format and you pick if you want it in WMP, iTunes or Android format. It sounds like it's tied to the PC you rip it to, but it just says that "normal iTunes rules apply" when you choose iTunes. I hope that means it's tied to my account, in which case I can put it on my iPhone and iPad as well as on my PC.

senahorse

My mistake, it comes to $24.82 after delivery, thought it was free delivery for some reason.

edit: 4 disc version comes with an exclusive art book

Wait, so the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy edition is $24.82 and the DVD edition is $21.72.

So if I email them and ask them that they can pull the DVD out of the first edition do you think they will only charge me $3.10?

Fuck, they can keep the Digital Copy too. Pretty sure I can get that easily enough.

Gazunta

Funnily enough, most of the Big W delivery stuff is handled out of the place I used to work at.

I would spend an afternoon or two filling in envelopes full of people's online orders when things were quiet.

My God people buy utter garbage. I mean, who the hell is buying Season Three of Cagney & Lacey? A LOT OF PEOPLE.

And Reptile no the're not going to remove discs and take down the price :)

Jintor

bacon pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes
take some bacon and I'll put it in a pancake
bacon pancakes, that's what it's gonna make
bacon pancaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeee

EDIT: Also this digital copy thing is doing my head in. I think it rips the DVD to a digital format and you pick if you want it in WMP, iTunes or Android format. It sounds like it's tied to the PC you rip it to, but it just says that "normal iTunes rules apply" when you choose iTunes. I hope that means it's tied to my account, in which case I can put it on my iPhone and iPad as well as on my PC.

It may be different for each publisher or movie, but I was lead to beleive that the digital copy is usually a iTunes code that is then tied to one device at a time. Also, I had been given the impression that it was a download. That you had to claim by a certain date or it expires. Which, once again, means that valued, paying customers have to jump through multiple hoops and have a less flexible product than every pirate that just downloaded a torrent.

This all may be incorrect for this movie.

jambo

It's the Fox Digital Copy thing so it is probably the one you're thinking of.

I'm going to wait until I get home and then do it on my main PC. If it works in iTunes I'll chuck it on the iPad and see how I go.

Hopefully I can get a 720/1080p version...

Shit, that's totally out today. Need to pick that up.

Axiom

I loved Cagney & Lacey as a kid.

About the closest I've come to watching it as an adult is when I go through the Dirty Harry movies again and catch the one Tyne Daly was in.

Back to design school yesterday, that turned out to be frustrating as hell.

Choc

Banned
""One of the reasons why I can say with absolute confidence that the next election campaign will be the filthiest and the most personal in living memory is because you just have to look at how Labor treats its own to see how they're going to treat their political opponents in a very hard fought election contest.""

The thing is Tony, you are the one that made politics personal and rubbish. JG just gave you what you been giving her for years.

Tony, you are the person that made this election what it is. It's entirely his fault.

Choc

Banned
I find it funny that a broadcaster can get in trouble for telling lies but no one cares when politicians do it every single day.

And as much as I dislike Alan Jones, the idea that a radio station can be forced to 'present a range of viewpoints' is a bit weird.

But Labor's been all about this whole media censorship thing so I guess it's not surprising.

various radio stations got this during the Howard years as well. And its fine. Media organizations should be forced in extreme situations like Jones to be unbiased. The only reason Jones got this imposed was that his facts were found to be pretty much 100% of the time unfactual.

Jintor

I left a jacket somewhere

goddamnit

this isn't the worst thing i've left somewhere and i'm pretty sure I know where it is, but classes are on at the moment

Shaneus

I left a jacket somewhere

goddamnit

this isn't the worst thing i've left somewhere and i'm pretty sure I know where it is, but classes are on at the moment
Is that because it's not jacket weather anymore?
0i1OY.jpg

Clipper

For the new page, even though it's half-way down...

SydGAF, don't miss your chance to meet jambo, Holycheck and/or shanshan. Let us know of your availability of the trio of meetups in November. Just click here and fill in the form.

Help me pick a game to buy!

Asura's Wrath for $20
Risen 2 for $26
Silent Hill Downpour for $15
The Darkness 2 for $18

I have a voucher for my birthday and I must use it on one of these games (coupling it with Crysis 2 DD for $7 since it is mimimum spend of $20)

Jintor

If you like watching nonsensical bullshit and occasionally pressing a few buttons Asura's is not a terrible choice

The only other game I'd really see advocated would be The Darkness II but I don't really know much about those games

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Thankfully.

Asura's Wrath for $20
Risen 2 for $26
The Darkness 2 for $18

I have a voucher for my birthday and I must use it on one of these games (coupling it with Crysis 2 DD for $7 since it is mimimum spend of $20)

I heard The Darkness 2 is a really good single-player FPS but it's incredibly short, Asura's Wrath is just QTE the game, Risen 2 is suppose to be decent if you are a big fan of c-rpgs.

I have a canvas bag full of books from Kinokuniya and a bag full of Haighs chocolate sitting on a bus. This stuff is heavy and none of it is for me.

Also why are neither of these fine establishments in Brisbane?

Considering buying Lupin, Garrus, Boba Fett, Indy dolls figures, as well as a Famicom and FDS attachment. Help!

I have no idea how I'd get most of it home other than posting it to myself (done that in way worse* countries and always received it).

*Worse as in my assumed quality of their postal service.

Kritz

Banned

Asura's Wrath for $20
Risen 2 for $26
The Darkness 2 for $18

I think Risen 2 is utter janky garbage, but it's long and appears to have some depth within it.

The Darkness 2 is an entertaining eight five hour power fantasy. I enjoyed the combat and the story, although it certainly helps I was a huge fan of the original Darkness game for the Xbox 360.

I've not played it, but apparently Asura's Wrath is... an experience. I've been meaning to pick it up due to my love of weird fucking video game things.

If you like watching nonsensical bullshit and occasionally pressing a few buttons Asura's is not a terrible choice
The only other game I'd really see advocated would be The Darkness II but I don't really know much about those games
I heard The Darkness 2 is a really good single-player FPS but it's incredibly short, Asura's Wrath is just QTE the game, Risen 2 is suppose to be decent if you are a big fan of c-rpgs.
Get Asura's Wrath.
NOW!
I think Risen 2 is utter janky garbage, but it's long and appears to have some depth within it.

The Darkness 2 is an entertaining eight five hour power fantasy. I enjoyed the combat and the story, although it certainly helps I was a huge fan of the original Darkness game for the Xbox 360.

I've not played it, but apparently Asura's Wrath is... an experience. I've been meaning to pick it up due to my love of weird fucking video game things.
Seems like Downpour and Risen 2 are out.

I've already played The Darkness 2 but would love another run for cheevos plus check out the side stuff. Think I will ponder on it tonight and hope for a sign from above to push me over one edge or the other.

Save your money, rep. Blink 182!
Nah, if I can find a ticket for $50 I will go lol

is that the 181st sequel to Blinx: The Time Sweeper?
Nah the 180th sequel to Blinx 2: Masters of Time & Space

Picked up an unboxed Play Arts Kai Mass Effect Shepard and Garrus figure for 950 yen each. Have a feeling they were ex-display, but look perfect (and are complete) to me.

Had picked up to buy a boxed Garrus and while in the store noticed them. A good buy since the one was discounted from 6000 to 4000 yen and I would have unboxed it to get it home anyways. They retail for about $90 I think in Australia. For reference 1900 yen is $24ish.

Still going to pick up a Lupin model too, haven't decided which yet. They're about $35 second hand.

Also bought a reasonable condition FDS Zelda 2 for $15 (not that I have an FDS system to play it on).

Omi, looking at that pic of the Link model you said you own, do you have any info on it? Brand, model etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom