• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Omi, looking at that pic of the Link model you said you own, do you have any info on it? Brand, model etc?

Pretty sure it is just from a gachapon machine... so, nfi! Is it the one at the here?

Japan2007%2520215.jpg

Deeku

Max Factory are supposed to be releasing a Skyward Sword Link figma thing, so it's poseable and comes with parts n stuff. Looks ok, roughly 40 bucks. Don't know if it's actually released yet, sites just say october.

But yeah, that gachapon Link was probably like 3 bucks lol

If you got it around the time Twilight Princess was out, that'd make a lot of sense. These things are always cheap around the time they come out. I'll look into that other one too! Might just get that at home.

Edit: Haven't seen that one anywhere but if I do it's coming home with me.

I'll see what I can find. There's TONS of that sort of stuff. What's your favourite franchise?

i like the marios and the donkey kongs, idk id be happy with anything that isnt obscure. remember im a young'n. snes was released in Europe 5 days after i was born.
so i might as well be this person
21496127.jpg

I spotted a game-related gachapon machine today and got a thwomp and a thwimp from 3D Mario Land. We'll see what else I find in the next couple of days.

Enjoy your jerk meetup for jerks, jerks.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Was TMNT ever big in Japan? I can't think of any gaming related stuff I would want from there.

Maybe silly Mario figurines is something I could handle.

It's one of those situations where I can't think of anything when someone else is over there. If I went to Japan then I might come back broke with all these small toys.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ahha yes I spent so much money on those things. So awesome.

Make sure you splash out on some console / handheld collectables cods. I have my NES themed gba sp, and I love it!

Max Factory are supposed to be releasing a Skyward Sword Link figma thing, so it's poseable and comes with parts n stuff. Looks ok, roughly 40 bucks. Don't know if it's actually released yet, sites just say october.

Nah, not out yet.
I know this because I've had it preordered for a few months <.<

Jintor

I keep getting the sensation that I'm trapped staring at the monitor. That probably means I should at least go and do my morning bike ride I guess.

Shaneus

See, I never played Wing Commander so I'm not sure if it's something like that that I'd want, or more Star Control-based.

Hell, could you imagine an MMO based on the Star Control universe? With good and bad factions you could join, intercepting ships mid-hyperspace, becoming a goods miner/trader, multi-player battles (so, like melee but involving >2 people), planetary takeover (via said battles)... fuuuuuck. My mind is blowing just thinking about it. I should contact Toys for Bob (if they can get to their computer from the mounds of Skylander cash.

teekun

I've not played it, but apparently Asura's Wrath is... an experience. I've been meaning to pick it up due to my love of weird fucking video game things.

I have a hard time calling Asura's Wrath much of a game, but it is definitely one hell of an experience. I paid full price for it, plus the DLC, and I don't really think it was worth that. But $20 is a perfect price for what you get. It's about 1/3 fighting game and 2/3 QTE and cutscenes, but they are some of the most ridiculous, entertaining QTE segments I've ever played. You just have to be someone who can appreciate something simply for how ridiculous and over-the-top it is.

Make sure you splash out on some console / handheld collectables cods. I have my NES themed gba sp, and I love it!
Not really sure what's collectible or not. I'm mostly just happy just having copies of the original Mario and Zelda and such that I can display on my shelf. Wife's spent more than me on stuff but I just can't bring myself to drop a lot of cash on something I'll never use.

jambo

This is pretty cool

http://www.gog.com/interplay

Pay what you want and get 8 games, pay above the average ($12.28 at time of posting) and get 20 games or pay over $34.99 and get 32 games.

Being GoG you also get a bunch of soundtracks, wallpapers, PDF manuals and more.

Jintor

I have a vision in my head that the delegation treats it like a sporting event.

"And our new choice for 2-year temporary member on the UN Security Council is... Australia!"

"OZZY OZZY OZZY!"

"OI OI OI"

"UP 'STRAYLIA! WOOOOO"

Shaneus

I have a vision in my head that the delegation treats it like a sporting event.

"And our new choice for 2-year temporary member on the UN Security Council is... Australia!"

"OZZY OZZY OZZY!"

"OI OI OI"

"UP 'STRAYLIA! WOOOOO"
And our representative...
GwY1j.jpg

This is pretty cool

http://www.gog.com/interplay

Pay what you want and get 8 games, pay above the average ($12.28 at time of posting) and get 20 games or pay over $34.99 and get 32 games.

Being GoG you also get a bunch of soundtracks, wallpapers, PDF manuals and more.

Saw that earlier, definitely picking it all up when I get home. Need a way to play Citizen Kabuto again, since I can't find my CDs.

I found that PJ O'Brien's place at Melbourne Airport so all good.

Never too early for a Guinness!

its like you got the message about our meet up
but got confused along the way.
I spotted a game-related gachapon machine today and got a thwomp and a thwimp from 3D Mario Land. We'll see what else I find in the next couple of days.

Enjoy your jerk meetup for jerks, jerks.

NIIIIIIICE

But yeah, that gachapon Link was probably like 3 bucks lol
;.; I spent so much money on gachapon when I was in Japan. Everytime I spotted one I had to go and try it. Found myself asking cashiers to give me change in 100 yen coins.

Cod, akihabara is your place for gachapon stuff (not that you probably hadn't figured it out already). If you go out the electric town exit from the train station there's a big building that looks like a series of colourful tubes. Walk past that and into the next building along. Go upstairs and the whole level is basically gachapon machines and shops that sell models.

I think my brother is dating this girl. He learnt song of storms on guitar for her and she didn't know it :(

A U S

A U S

A U S

We made it into the security council.....SUCK IT FINLAND-GAF

Listening to Gillard talk about it on tv this morning was so cringy though. "This is a reflection of our position as a major player in world politics" "This will be important in promoting tourism in Australia". Yeah, sure.

Arksy

""One of the reasons why I can say with absolute confidence that the next election campaign will be the filthiest and the most personal in living memory is because you just have to look at how Labor treats its own to see how they're going to treat their political opponents in a very hard fought election contest.""

The thing is Tony, you are the one that made politics personal and rubbish. JG just gave you what you been giving her for years.

Tony, you are the person that made this election what it is. It's entirely his fault.

Don't be ridiculous, the venom in the labor party directed at Krudd had NOTHING to do with Abbott.

Yeah Shan, there's tons in Akihabara but haven't really been checking them out. Yodobashi Camera has a heap on the top level too. Plus in Shinjuku there's a few basement places that are just gachapon.

Just ate the best sushi at the Tsukiji market.

Fusebox

Banned
Cod, akihabara is your place for gachapon stuff (not that you probably hadn't figured it out already). If you go out the electric town exit from the train station there's a big building that looks like a series of colourful tubes. Walk past that and into the next building along. Go upstairs and the whole level is basically gachapon machines and shops that sell models.

The Toy park in Ginza has a few machines as well.

Akihabara is king for that stuff though, but I really love Ginza.

What are some good sites to buy high quality (i.e. CD quality, not just higher bit-rate compressed files) digital music? I'm one of these people who still buys CDs at JB Hifi because I can't stand to hear the imperfections in the compressed versions on iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom