• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MelbGAF success? Any plans for a mid to late Nov meet as discussed a while back?

AusGAF Tokyo edition was spent in Akihabara at various stores like Super Potato, Sofmap, Mandrake, Trader and more. Finishing up with Go! Go! Curry before trying to find 8-bit Cafe in Shinjuku.

Edit: Found it!

Shaneus

Man I have the best train rides. The people across from me are stoned out of their minds and can not keep their hands off each other
Oh man, you bastard. You should've taken their photos then pretended to delete it.

Yup. Though I normally wait until newish sale games are under $20, you'll still get your money's worth out of it at that price.

Sunglasses worn on the back of the Bogan male's neck.

Discuss or mock.
That you think it's even worth discussing basically sets you up for the mocking. How we'd go about that, though... I dunno. So you're lucky this time.

MelbGAF success? Any plans for a mid to late Nov meet as discussed a while back?

AusGAF Tokyo edition was spent in Akihabara at various stores like Super Potato, Sofmap, Mandrake, Trader and more. Finishing up with Go! Go! Curry before trying to find 8-bit Cafe in Shinjuku.
There was no table.

Moral of the story: Never let Arnie organise anything. Unless it's my turn, in which case he can definitely step in for me.

PS. That woman watching sleep thing... if there are multiple, equally qualified applicants, does that mean it'll just wind up being a bunch of dudes standing around a sleeping woman? Because that's weird.

midonnay

i can sorta relate

i,m so used to sleeping with newsradio on that its hard to sleep in total silence

but pay someone to irl creepshot you? lol get a cat

sounds perfect for students though

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No Melb GAF meet for me. Mate showed up having been made redundant, and pity beers ensured.

Shaneus

No Melb GAF meet for me. Mate showed up having been made redundant, and pity beers ensured.
We're nerds. We'll always be nerds. Every beer is a pity beer for us!

So I'm being sent by my sponsors and team to Melbourne next week to compete against the ADF and Police SOG Force in IRL Shooter http://irlshooter.com/

Zombies! Yep that are still a thing
Hah, my brother's a member of ADF! Though he's nowhere near as active anymore (he insists he can't recall the last time he played *any* game at all, let alone an FPS) it's cool to see the name pop up.

What is IRL Shooter anyway? Website wasn't too descriptive :/

Basically a 'real' version of L4D2 in an abandoned mental hospital with professional actors playing zombies and light guns (I guess?) with 'realistic' kick and such. Sounds pretty cool. Expensive though.

Spent a chunk of the afternoon figure hunting for either the Samus or Link (latter likely not released) Figma figures. Saw neither, not new, second hand or on display.

8bit Cafe was OK, but they no longer have games to play and like many Japanese bars have that annoying 500 yen cover charge. The 'Dr Mario' and 'Metroid' cocktails weren't bad.

We'll likely be revisiting Space Station in Osaka before we leave. The guys there were nice enough, you can play the games and there's no cover charge.

Fredescu

Every time I see this topic in the topic list I always read it as "AsusGAF" and think "Hell yeah I like Asus!"
Rock solid.
470px-Julia_Gillard_2010.jpg

Heart Touching.
391px-Tony_Abbott_-_2010.jpg

Jintor

Re-evaluating my stance on bacon, or more accurately the amount of bacon necessary for a 'good breakfast'

I think i had too much bacon

Jintor

bacon pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes
take some bacon and i put it in a pancake
bacon pancakes, that's what i'm gonna make
bacon pancaaaaaaaakes

Deeku

Hair cut, too short. Crap:/

And it appears to be moth season. 5 jumbo moths jumped me this morning when bringing in washing, greaaaat!

Deeku

They stole my ability to be lazy and leave washing out overnight:(

I might actually go out and buy xcom today. That is, if I can finish this wad of work crap by today.

Kritz

Banned
doesnt go to 100 games
worst votey goaty ever

There haven't been 100 games voted on. And most of the games that have been voted on were from Gaz voting 1/5 on everything instead of skipping them.

bacon pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes
take some bacon and i put it in a pancake
bacon pancakes, that's what i'm gonna make
bacon pancaaaaaaaakes

I get that reference!

---

I just realised I had a bug where people on browsers that weren't Firefox were unable to vote. As amusing as my elitism was, I have since fixed this error and now Dragon Ball Z for Kinect can officially, unambiguously, be the greatest game of 2012.

senahorse

Panasonic 50" Plasma TH-P50ST50A $975.60 Dick Smith

Great price for a really nice TV, we got one recently for the bedroom for around 1200 and have been really happy with it.

Clipper

And it appears to be moth season. 5 jumbo moths jumped me this morning when bringing in washing, greaaaat!

I had the same thing happen to me when I lived in Kensington several years ago. With me, I didn't notice until I had actually brought the washing in. They didn't wake up while I was taking them off the line, but instead when I was getting them out of the basket in my room. I then spent half an hour catching about 30 moths and letting them out of the window :/

From then on, I always gave my clothes a shake when taking them off the line and never left them out overnight. Those Bogongs are just too annoying...

And for those that don't know what we're talking about...
220px-Agrotis_infusa.jpg

Darklord

Banned
This Dog is driving me up the wall! Every. single. day. It barks. Non-stop. I can't stand having my door open on a nice day like today because all I hear is "BARK BARK BARK.....BARK BARK....BARK BARK BARK".

I need Newman.

Dead Man

This Dog is driving me up the wall! Every. single. day. It barks. Non-stop. I can't stand having my door open on a nice day like today because all I hear is "BARK BARK BARK.....BARK BARK....BARK BARK BARK".

I need Newman.

Is it a neighbours dog? Get a water pistol.

So Mos Burger is pretty great. Trip totally worthwhile right there. Tons of Asian food up this way, if I wasn't tied up with family stuff I would be heading back to Victoria with an extra 20kg under the belt.

Echoplx

I'm beginning to dislike living with people more and more lately, what kind of person brings home stray dogs when they live in an apartment?

I'm eating MOS Burger right now too! Internet high five!

Found FIVE of the Samus figures second hand today. Cheapest one more expensive than new on eBay.

Is it a neighbours dog? Get a water pistol.

Works great with my dog. He absolutely hates it.

I was in a town called Daisy Hill today, meeting a client. His wife was a bit mental, kept on blaming all her problems on "that bitch Julia Gillard".

More so, when I was leaving, she told me that she said, "I wish Gillard would have drowned right after she was born".

I didn't know what to say. Just smiled and left.

I'm beginning to dislike living with people more and more lately, what kind of person brings home stray dogs when they live in an apartment?

Where would one even find a stray dog over here? Must have been stolen.

Deeku

Salazar said:
I was supposed to get it done today but laziness took over.
This was me last week, but then I had to deal with awkward length hair issues for a week.

From then on, I always gave my clothes a shake when taking them off the line and never left them out overnight. Those Bogongs are just too annoying...
Yeah I do that. But then I just get lazy once there are consistently no moths, or when it's not moth season. Should really make it a permanent habit, they really freak me out!

codswallop said:
Found FIVE of the Samus figures second hand today. Cheapest one more expensive than new on eBay.
I kinda regret not buying that now. Gonna make sure I grab the Link one when it's out!

Kritz

Banned
http://kritz.net/goty/

Y'know, I think my GOTY voting site is nearing feature completion.

I am still throwing up the idea of letting users do a little writeup of the games they've rated, as well as having a separated "this is my GOTY list" thing where users get to pick from 10 games they've rated, and stick them in the order they wish to rank them. And then clone the GAF rating system for deciding the final games of the year. I've added some filtering options, a better search that's more accessible from the main voting list, I've made it a bit more explicit about what platforms the games you're voting on are for, as well as a little signin about message telling you what's up with the site.

And the GOTY rankings now have something a bit cleaner in them, as well as testing out some different ranking algorithms. This page will be updated a lot during the next few months, assuming people use the site, to have more interesting statistics as well as just raw data dumps.

So, I guess that's that.

EDIT: last post of the page. Fuck. Fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom