• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local place (Video 2000) Charges $3-4 for certain Daily or Weekly titles. They usually cycle in new releases pretty well, I remember getting Gears 3 the week after release. They have half price Tuesdays so you can get a brand new game for $2 overnight but I usually wait for it to hit Weekly status in a month or so after release.

Can't even remember the last time I saw a Video Ezy, Blockbuster shut down about 3 months ago here :/

Ningo

Your Order Details:

Order Date: 23/10/2012

Assassin's Creed 3 (PC) $27.16
Far Cry 3 (PC) $25.56
Dishonored (PC) $30.36

Sub-Total: $75.53
Tax (GST): $ 7.55

Total: $83.08

Sweet, thanks for the heads-up.

As for Tony's comments, the government are really going to cry sexism over that?

How pathetic, but it is to be expected when they cannot stand by their record of governance.

What gets my ire is when people say that they dislike both parties and so will vote for the greens, how dumb can you be?

I cannot wait for the election, I am no fan of Tony but on balance he is by far the lesser of two evils http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNL0KfD0nts

markot

Banned
Your Order Details:

Order Date: 23/10/2012

Assassin's Creed 3 (PC) $27.16
Far Cry 3 (PC) $25.56
Dishonored (PC) $30.36

Sub-Total: $75.53
Tax (GST): $ 7.55

Total: $83.08

Sweet, thanks for the heads-up.

As for Tony's comments, the government are really going to cry sexism over that?

How pathetic, but it is to be expected when they cannot stand by their record of governance.

What gets my ire is when people say that they dislike both parties and so will vote for the greens, how dumb can you be?

I cannot wait for the election, I am no fan of Tony but on balance he is by far the lesser of two evils http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNL0KfD0nts

hahaha

$2 for delivery, included in below prices

Doom 1/2/3 BFG EDITION for PS3/360 for $36.36
Forza Horizon PRE ORDER for 360 for $49.76 Shaneus!
Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 for $28.36
Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition for PS3 for $25.16 Shaneus!
Sports Champions 2 on PS3 for $26.76
Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition on PS3/360 for $24.36
RAGE Anarchy Edition on PS3 for $15.56
Yakuza: Dead Souls for PS3 for $17.96
Resonance of Fate on 360 for $20.36
Catherine on 360 for $37.96
SSX on 360 for $28.36
Max Payne 3 on 360 for $27.56
Final Fantasy XIII-2 on 360 for $17.16, PS3 for $18.76
Dark Messiah: Might & Magic Elements on 360 for $13.16
Halo 4 PRE ORDER on 360 for $48.36

Here is a good sign.

I would expect the stock is all UK stuff, aside from cheap stuff they can source locally. Also sounds like pre-orders arrive a week or so after release day.

Damn good deals though!

Love your work. Forza and ssx are mighty tempting.

Anyone know if they ship items as they become available all only once the whole order is complete?

I haven't been to a Video Ezy store in over a year. Any idea on their game rental pricing?

Blockbuster charges $9.95 rental for new/popular games for 3 nights.

Wow, your one is cheap. The local Blockbuster to me is $13.95 for 3 nights and $18.95 for 7. Same price for new TV series. At least they still have $2 Tuesday for new blu rays.

Choc

Banned

whilst i dont think he meant it in the way the ALP has taken it, its not hte time for him to be making mistakes like that now is it. He is under huge pressure over shit like that.

Tony would fuck this country so hard its not funny. Join the push to get Malcolm back as opp leader.

legit photo of MOH USA midnight launch

A53SKfVCIAEQ8XY.jpg

Stackboy

So yeah, I just booked PAX Aus tickets ($115), plane tickets ($89 each way) and a hotel for the stay ($315 for 4 nights in a 3.5 star which seems connected by train to the Showgrounds, so pretty good price). I'll be flying in Thursday afternoon and flying out Monday night (will do touristy stuff on Monday), so if you guys want to do a pre-PAX meetup on Thursday night or something, I'm in. Of course we can do a during-PAX meeting too...

We definitely need to do some sort of meetup then (especially as it means I win the AusGAF Grand Slam race with Kritz, unless he gets to Sydney before July and shanshan, unless she gets to Tasmania before then :p)

I too would like to know what Hotel you are staying at. Is it worth staying near the showgrounds? Or is public transport in Melbourne the direct opposite to Brisbane and really heaps good.

Picked up Forza Horizon on my way to work this morning, it's been taunting from my bag all day.

teekun

Public transportation in Melbourne is great once you have a Myki card.
There's a tram stop right outside the showgrounds, and a train station that stops basically inside the showgrounds.

Stackboy! Would you recommend SSX at that price at this point? I remember you talking about it way back, and I had originally planned on picking it up before getting distracted by replaying SSX Tricky and Amped 3. I finally got up to 4 months behind on Idle Thumbs so the talk about SSX being a bit of a muddle put me off a bit.

Also I thought the Showgrounds were a fucking fantastic venue when I went to V Festival 4-5 years ago.

Also I bought the 3 day pass (thanks for the heads up Choc! Ordered from a toilet at the Sydney airport), not sure if the wife is going to grab one too, considering she has no interest in the games. I think she would like the time off though. ;)

markot

Banned
whilst i dont think he meant it in the way the ALP has taken it, its not hte time for him to be making mistakes like that now is it. He is under huge pressure over shit like that.

Tony would fuck this country so hard its not funny. Join the push to get Malcolm back as opp leader.

legit photo of MOH USA midnight launch

A53SKfVCIAEQ8XY.jpg

haha

r1chard

Public transportation in Melbourne is great once you have a Myki card.
There's a tram stop right outside the showgrounds, and a train station that stops basically inside the showgrounds.
I gather since the train isn't mentioned in the FAQ they won't be getting Metro to run the trains.

Clipper

I too would like to know what Hotel you are staying at. Is it worth staying near the showgrounds? Or is public transport in Melbourne the direct opposite to Brisbane and really heaps good.

Picked up Forza Horizon on my way to work this morning, it's been taunting from my bag all day.
It's probably easier for me to tell you how I booked it as the prices constantly change. For example, my hotel is booked out, but there is one in St. Kilda for $380 that includes free Wi-Fi.

I use hotels.com. Put your dates and Melbourne in as your destination and search. You can then compare a bunch of prices. It also allows you to search based on distance from the Showgrounds if you like. There don't seem to be many that are really close. Mine was about 4km away, but the train will make that easy, even if they aren't going directly into the Showgrounds during the event.

Stackboy

Stackboy! Would you recommend SSX at that price at this point? I remember you talking about it way back, and I had originally planned on picking it up before getting distracted by replaying SSX Tricky and Amped 3. I finally got up to 4 months behind on Idle Thumbs so the talk about SSX being a bit of a muddle put me off a bit.

Before Borderlands 2 came out, SSX was the best thing that came out this year. I'm a long term SSX fan and it really appealed to me. Now I want to play SSX again, thanks Rep!

Should I be looking into booking Melbourne accommodation soon? Eep.

reggie

Banned
$2 for delivery, included in below prices

Doom 1/2/3 BFG EDITION for PS3/360 for $36.36
Forza Horizon PRE ORDER for 360 for $49.76 Shaneus!
Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 for $28.36
Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition for PS3 for $25.16 Shaneus!
Sports Champions 2 on PS3 for $26.76
Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition on PS3/360 for $24.36
RAGE Anarchy Edition on PS3 for $15.56
Yakuza: Dead Souls for PS3 for $17.96
Resonance of Fate on 360 for $20.36
Catherine on 360 for $37.96
SSX on 360 for $28.36
Max Payne 3 on 360 for $27.56
Final Fantasy XIII-2 on 360 for $17.16, PS3 for $18.76
Dark Messiah: Might & Magic Elements on 360 for $13.16
Halo 4 PRE ORDER on 360 for $48.36

Here is a good sign.

I would expect the stock is all UK stuff, aside from cheap stuff they can source locally. Also sounds like pre-orders arrive a week or so after release day.

Damn good deals though!

Thanks for this, sir. Now to decide on what to get...

Clipper

Hmm, so MelbGAF, I'm researching my travel options and want to see if I understand Myki propery... It's looking like it will cost me about $6.56 on the Friday and Monday (assuming I do two trips each day, which is almost certain) and $3.30 on the Saturday and Sunday. If I do any traveling on Thursday, it'll be $3.28 for the first 2 hours or $6.56 for any further time on that day. On top of all that, the card itself will cost me $6.

Does that all seem correct?

This all assumes the prices don't rise by July, of course.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Buy 3 zone 1 dailies and be done with it.

Easier, Might be more expensive but at the same time depending on how much you actually travel, could be cheaper.

Clipper

Buy 3 zone 1 dailies and be done with it.

Easier, Might be more expensive but at the same time depending on how much you actually travel, could be cheaper.
How would I do that? The only info I can find on the website is for Myki cards and Metcard fares, but it says the Metcard system will expire in December. I can't see any way to buy individual tickets...

Edit: Ah, I was beaten, but correct, yay

Closest station to Showgrounds is Newmarket. There are special trains that run direct to showgrounds for cup events, but I doubt they will work for PAX days.

Tram from Newmarket will take you to showgrounds in 5 minutes. Or you can walk, it's about 1km.

Clipper

Yeah, that's what the trip planning websites were telling me, DeathJr. Seems like the best way to go, given it's all one ticket price regardless of how many types of transport you use.

So it looks like my new home suburb went to hell while I was at work.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/10/23/3616878.htm

They closed the Centenary and I might not be able to get home tonight :/
Ah, that's quite excellent. Awesome awesome awesome. Should be awesome getting home. Having a look for further info, it appears that the closure is at the Springfield Lakes offramp, so getting home should be possible. Just a very long process.

I was starting to wonder about the fires that had been going for the last week. Especially after yesterday and the high winds.

Thanks for the heaps up, VKS.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How would I do that? The only info I can find on the website is for Myki cards and Metcard fares, but it says the Metcard system will expire in December. I can't see any way to buy individual tickets...

Edit: Ah, I was beaten, but correct, yay

Yea metcard is dead come December but you can either buy a Myki pass or Myki money. The pass is essentially a daily ticket since you buy them in days! They let you travel as many times as you want.

If you get Myki money then it charges you each time you touch on / off. So if you want to do a bit of sight seeing then it could cost you a fair bit.

Zone 1 pass should only be something like $5.

http://twitter.com/OBEOrganic/status/260617045958344705/photo/1

Looks like the closure is between Springfield Lakes and Redbank Plains, so I'll be OK to get home. I wonder if I should attend the community meeting.

Ah, that's quite excellent. Awesome awesome awesome. Should be awesome getting home. Having a look for further info, it appears that the closure is at the Springfield Lakes offramp, so getting home should be possible. Just a very long process.

I was starting to wonder about the fires that had been going for the last week. Especially after yesterday and the high winds.

Thanks for the heaps up, VKS.
Hopefully the traffic isn't straight up awful.

Clipper

Yea metcard is dead come December but you can either buy a Myki pass or Myki money. The pass is essentially a daily ticket since you buy them in days! They let you travel as many times as you want.

If you get Myki money then it charges you each time you touch on / off. So if you want to do a bit of sight seeing then it could cost you a fair bit.

Zone 1 pass should only be something like $5.

From the research I did earlier, the minimum number of days for the pass is 7 and that costs $32.80. Even if I travel on all 5 days, the total for using Myki Money is $26.28. The capped weekend rate really seems to be saving me a ton of money here. Either option adds an extra $6 for the card itself and it appears I need to have a positive balance of money on the card to buy a pass, so that seems like a total no-go.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
From the research I did earlier, the minimum number of days for the pass is 7 and that costs $32.80. Even if I travel on all 5 days, the total for using Myki Money is $26.28. The capped weekend rate really seems to be saving me a ton of money here. Either option adds an extra $6 for the card itself and it appears I need to have a positive balance of money on the card to buy a pass, so that seems like a total no-go.

What, They capped the pass to a 7 day minimum? I've never heard of that. I always buy 28 days so it's never affected me.

Then yea, I guess you're stuck with myki money, there's enough places around to top up if you need to with loose change. So it shouldn't be too bad.

Seems like EA were pushing Medal of Honor out the door too quick, held back press copies until today as they needed to issue a huge patch at launch.

New Features:
•Now able to add friends and join parties while in-game.
•Can invite others to your platoon or apply to join a platoon while in-game.

General Tweaks and Fixes
Multiplayer Gameplay
•Removed initial delay to Spec Ops Signal Scan charging.
•Snipers in Recon stance will no longer be visible to enemy RQ7/RQ11 UAVs.
•Increased the accuracy of server-side aiming prediction.
•Fixed an issue with “Fall Back” spawning to improve its behavior.
•Fixed spawn type changing to Buddy Spawn automatically when it is not supposed to.
•Call in a Blackhawk for the losing team if they are getting dominated in Sector Control.

Single-Player Gameplay
•Added tutorial text to first sniper encounter to help teach player about bullet drop.
•Fixed an issue where the default difficulty was set to Easy instead of Normal.
•Fixed an issue where controls would become unresponsive under certain conditions.
•Fixed an issue with one of the in-game cinematics.
•Improved single player stability and fixed progression stoppers.

Matchmaking, Parties, and Platoons
•Smoothed out the matchmaking flow between successful matchmaking and joining the player to the game.
•Players can no longer join an invitation only party without being invited.
•Fixed issues with joining single players together into Fireteams.
•Fixed an issue where Veteran platoon members could not reach Elite status.
•Platoon ownership is now automatically transferred to the most senior member/GM of the platoon when the current leader leaves the
platoon.
•Fixed an issue where a member that is removed from a platoon becomes its leader.
•Fixed an issue where players could not rejoin the same platoon matchmaking server after playing a game on that server.
•If a player leaves one platoon and joins another, their platoon card now properly reflects that change.
•Fixed an issue where the platoon patch would not show up for other members if one member leaves the platoon.
•Fixed another issue where the platoon patch would no longer show up under certain circumstances.
•Sending a platoon invite when both players are in-game now works properly.

Weapons
•Fixed “no scope” shooting. Players were getting immediate ADS accuracy without having to wait for the scope to come all the way up. Was very exploitable for snipers.
•Sped up the bolt action on the CS5, since it was longer than the TAC300.
•Fixed issue with gap between where the LTLM can’t fire and where it indicates the target is too close.
•Reduced the damage/range of the Demolition’s SMGs (Scar PDW, HK 416c, Suchka), as they were overpowered.
•Made switching between primary and secondary weapons much more responsive.
•Fixed an issue where a grenade would not be thrown the next time if the user switches to their weapon while cooking a grenade.
•Player will now switch back to their secondary weapon if that is the weapon in use when throwing their last grenade.
•Fixed an issue where aiming was pushing the player away from the wall they were standing next to.
•Fixed clearance check for placing the Radar Jammer.
•Fixed auto-ADS not working when peek-and-leaning while prone.
•Implemented pre-streaming for weapons to reduce the time from spawn to ready-to-fire to be 0 seconds in most cases. Down from around 2 seconds prior to this fix.

UI and User Experience
Navigation
•Made the start button responsive as soon as the player enters the first menu screen.
•Simplified the way players navigate and select in the My Gun and Class Select menus.
•Fixed the way the UI handles scrolling, including speed and correct scroll bar position.
•Cleaned up a number of other small navigation quirks and issues.

User Experience
•Servers in the Server Browser are now sorted based on ping, giving priority to servers closest to the player.
•Filtering servers by name now works properly.
•Fixed an issue where changes in My Gun and My Soldier were not being retained when joining a game via the Quick Match or Matchmaking options in the MP Lobby.
•Optimized the login flow into Multiplayer.
•Updated the MP Lobby to include a shortcut to creating a Party.
•Quick Match button in the MP Lobby is now contextual, and will change to Platoon Matchmaking if you are in a Platoon Party.
•Fixed the Server Browser filter to properly sort for games that have 6+ open slots.
•Fixed a 20 second hang during the Online Pass flow.
•We now keep the queuing message open as long as the player is still queuing.
•Clean up notification numbers when a new item is viewed.
•Various other flow and user experience optimizations.

Visual Polish
•We now turn off the HUD when we start to show the outro scoreboard.
•Fixed display of text in disabled dropdowns.
•Fixed some subtitle lines being cut off.
•Removed hints and tips from the loading screens that were no longer valid.
•Fixed the Player Banners to display the correct rank icon and number.
•Fixed placement of auto-save icon on CRT TVs.
•Fixed HUD elements not showing in certain cases.
•Fixed animations in the post-match screens as they show the player’s progression.
•Fixed the timer not displaying in the post-match screens.
•Fixed player name tags not showing up in-game in Home Run.
•Icons are now scaled on the sniper’s mini-map when they are using the bipod.
•Updated the art used in the Player Banner.
•Fixed some camera issues on level entry.
•Fixed the demolitions class mask display in certain situations.
•Fixed an issue that would cause some images not to display properly.
•Various other alignment, corruption, overlap and visual improvements and fixes.

Misc Fixes
•Fixed an issue where the Battlelog social hub introduction was showing every time you opened the Battlelog social hub.
•VOIP team channel no longer includes players from the other team.
•Round cycling no longer changes VOIP settings for the players
•Fixed an issue with VOIP in the Home Run game mode.
•Fixed an issue where Double XP was not being awarded to players who had both logged on to medalofhonor.com and who had played on a multiplayer server.
•Fixed an issue where the Global Warfighter medal was not being awarded after players had completed a tour with each class.
•Fixed muffled firing sounds when scope is zoomed in.
•Localization fixes, in both audio and text.

Additional Fixes Made on PC and PS3
Multiplayer Gameplay
•Improved the camera for the Apache.
•Improved the aiming of the rockets in the Apache.
•Improved Blackhawk functionality in Novi Grad Warzone.
•Fixed a bug in the rules for pre-round in Combat Mission.
•Fixed a couple of out of bounds issues in Sarajevo Stadium.
•Fixed an out of bounds issue in Basilan Aftermath.
•Fixed a bad spawn point in Team Deathmatch in Somalia Stronghold.
•(PS3 – Japan) Fixed an issue that prevented 17-year old users from playing online.

Visual Polish
•Fixed an issue where support action icons were overlapping each other.
•Kill messages should now better match timing within gameplay.
•Improved readability of kill messages.
•Fixed visual effects issue in Tungawan Jungle.
•Fixed mini-map issue in Shogore Valley.
•Improved visual fidelity of some of the flag images.
•Smoothed transitions between screens in the Mulitplayer menus.
•Fixed a visual glitch when adjusting the brightness in the Options menu.
•Fixed a bug where the News in the MP Lobby was not showing up.

Misc Fixes
•Removed Quit Game from the Top Navigation Bar in the in-game pause menu and placed it under “Last Resort” in the Respawn Menu.
•Fixed a case of an explosion not playing the correct audio.
•Various audio mix updates.
•(PS3 – Japan) Various stability fixes.
•Fixed functionality and list updates for Favorite and Recent servers.
•Players with chat restrictions are no longer allowed to create their own platoon.
•Platoon names and tags are now restricted to no more than 3 numerals each.
•(PS3 – Japan) Fixed two issues related to platoon names and chat-restricted accounts.
•Fixed an issue with invites specific to PS3 and PC where the player would get stuck on a black screen.
•Various stability and performance improvements.
•(PS3 – Japan) Fixed an issue related to save file size calculation.

Additional Fixes Made on Xbox 360
•Improved the handling of memory cards and saved profiles.
•Improved handling of parties and Fireteam designations in Platoon matches.
•Fixed an issue related to progression loss if the user removes the storage device.
•Fixed an issue where a player’s class was changing without their input.
•Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, brand new players were forced to play with a placeholder weapon in multiplayer until
their first death.
•Stability improvements.

Additional Fixes Made on PC
•Fixed an issue where controller prompts were showing even though a controller was not plugged in.
•Mouse wheel now works with all scrolling lists in the game.

That is just fucking ridiculous. No wonder the game will have a shitty Day One, no-one has seen any reviews yet. Nice way to stall your hype.

Huge fuckup by EA on this one, obviously felt that if they pushed back release by 2 weeks consumers would hold onto their money with BLOPS2 only out a fortnight later.

Still waiting on board game to arrive from ozgameshop.

When did it ship? I usually get most of my stuff dead on 14 days, sometimes 10 days at quickest. Still waiting for them to get their delivery of Ticket To Ride, which was expected.

Please allow an additional 3 - 8 working days before despatch
This item is coming from a different warehouse and may take slightly longer than usual to despatch.
Once the item has been despatched, usual delivery time applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom