• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

If there email response time is anything to go by they should be good. I got a reply to my shipping question in a little over 2 hours.
Mine was a little over 24 hours. I think. Or a little under.

On similar news, a HTIB setup I bought for cheap from DSE online on the 4th STILL hasn't been delivered, despite the "2-10 day" claim on their website. I raised a query about it Monday arvo and they still haven't replied back to me yet (even though they say that someone should get in contact within two days). Shitty customer service shouldn't take someone that long to reply, regardless of how long a bracket they give themselves to reply.

Jintor

Also! One of my friends takes TMI Tuesdays on tumblr seriously. Like... woah you havin' some crazy sexytimes seriously.

Social media is fucking weird.

Can't believe they're pushing it as the 4th gen iPad, what will come of it come March next year? :S So much disgust and so much confusion if I should pick one up now, or wait it out again... 6mth refresh time... bah!

When it comes to technology purchases I'm of the mindset to get it as soon as possible in ots lifecycle. If not you'll always be waiting for the next big thing.

Mine was a little over 24 hours. I think. Or a little under.

On similar news, a HTIB setup I bought for cheap from DSE online on the 4th STILL hasn't been delivered, despite the "2-10 day" claim on their website. I raised a query about it Monday arvo and they still haven't replied back to me yet (even though they say that someone should get in contact within two days). Shitty customer service shouldn't take someone that long to reply, regardless of how long a bracket they give themselves to reply.

I'd be giving them a call.

Also! One of my friends takes TMI Tuesdays on tumblr seriously. Like... woah you havin' some crazy sexytimes seriously.

Social media is fucking weird.

Haha. I just had to look up what that was.

Fredescu

So I'd say it's damn likely that everything is probably local and gets shipped from here, too. But we won't know until our orders come in.
I find that pretty unlikely. Either these prices are a huge once off and will go back to normal Au prices, or they're UK imports. No local publisher is selling them games at those prices. It's easy enough to get a local number that forwards faxes overseas, so that's not even an indication that they have an office here (although they probably do).

teekun

Can't believe they're pushing it as the 4th gen iPad, what will come of it come March next year? :S So much disgust and so much confusion if I should pick one up now, or wait it out again... 6mth refresh time... bah!

I dunno, this one makes sense to me. Apple put out the 3 before they were willing to include LTE compatibility for the rest of the world. Now that the iPhone 5 has it, it's natural for them to incrementally update the iPad so it'll sell better outside of North America. A 6-month refresh is pretty stupid, but in this case it would be more stupid for them to wait and miss out on 4G iPad sales for another 6 months.

I dunno, this one makes sense to me. Apple put out the 3 before they were willing to include LTE compatibility for the rest of the world. Now that the iPhone 5 has it, it's natural for them to incrementally update the iPad so it'll sell better outside of North America. A 6-month refresh is pretty stupid, but in this case it would be more stupid for them to wait and miss out on 4G iPad sales for another 6 months.

It makes sense as a way to shit on the Surface party, but most people's reactions seem to have been "already?" instead of the usual "fuck yeah." After the less than stellar reaction to the iPhone 5, it's probably not the response they were hoping for

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

It makes sense, However they could have pushed LTE on the iPad 3 then put it into the iPhone 5.

Apple has never really done a 6 month refresh before. So this is rather odd.

The timing is also interesting since this week or next we get Windows 8 + their tablets along with the google event next week for the 10" tablet.

So it's certainly a shot at trying to pull attention away from that.

However I still believe it's totally unfair. Those who purchased one a month ago or so now have a $600 device that's already been replaced with another $600 device. And while that isn't silly enough, The idiots will totally buy it for no fucking reason at all.

You get LTE which could be useful however there's more power in the device, which let's be honest, barely gets used by anything you run on it.

I'm super curious as to where apple intends to go with the iPad. The amount of power they are trying to shove into the device, makes sweet fuck all sense when the OS hasn't changed a bit since it's reveal. The only applications that require such power are mostly high end games and those barely exist.

Side note. This iMac got it's seagate drive replaced with another seagate drive. Guess apple is just shipping out random brands, whatever's in stock.

Shaneus

I'm disappointed with how fucking much the iPad mini is... I thought (hoped) it was going to be cheaper. At least it's basically a slightly bigger 4S which is exactly what I was looking for and should work as a suitable vessel for the apps I currently have on my 4S (which I plan to sell once the Lumia 920 is released).

Omikron

I'm disappointed with how fucking much the iPad mini is... I thought (hoped) it was going to be cheaper. At least it's basically a slightly bigger 4S which is exactly what I was looking for and should work as a suitable vessel for the apps I currently have on my 4S (which I plan to sell once the Lumia 920 is released).

Google Nexus is waiting for you.

markot

Banned
Why are supermarkets trying to push Halloweeeen?! I hate it! Gtfo!

If kids start knocking on my door asking for Candy im joining the taleban.

Deeku

Grr, I hate it too! It's even worse since I live in a housing complex that's full of young families. Even easter is annoying since people decide that the gardens in my driveway can be used for their egg hunts. Like, wtf people, private property yo!

Anyway, I probably won't be home during that night so the kids can go stuff it! harumph!

Jintor

tumblr_mcdhwjsXCH1rrtgbwo1_1280.png

I recommend you go the website and click on the spy's head

Stackboy

Bed, is like, an hour of staring at the ceiling before my brain shuts off

when i'm staring at the ceiling, my brain's in fucking overdrive

it's the worst. it's thinking about shit i can actively suppress during the day because i have to think about other shit. When you're waiting for sleep? not so much.

God, I wish I was drunk.

Play video games.

I'm going to go play videogames until my fucking brain explodes.

Atta boy! Hope you're ok man. Just remember, everything changes, things always get better.

And, play more video games. This time of year is the best.

I find that pretty unlikely. Either these prices are a huge once off and will go back to normal Au prices, or they're UK imports. No local publisher is selling them games at those prices. It's easy enough to get a local number that forwards faxes overseas, so that's not even an indication that they have an office here (although they probably do).
WOW HD have the exact same sale on at the moment too, with very similar stock at the same prices. Someone on the OzBargain post also noted that they had pre-ordered a game through Video Ezy not that long ago which turned up a week after release with UK classification on it which points to their stock coming from the bigger company in the UK.

In other related new my Mighty Ape order has already arrived! Only ordered it on Thursday night and had a card in the mail box yesterday at lunchtime. Time for some Darkness 2/Crysis 2 on the 360!

IHowever I still believe it's totally unfair. Those who purchased one a month ago or so now have a $600 device that's already been replaced with another $600 device. And while that isn't silly enough, The idiots will totally buy it for no fucking reason at all.
And you will continue to pimp them onto stupid consumers. You damn bastard.

Grr, I hate it too! It's even worse since I live in a housing complex that's full of young families. Even easter is annoying since people decide that the gardens in my driveway can be used for their egg hunts. Like, wtf people, private property yo!

Anyway, I probably won't be home during that night so the kids can go stuff it! harumph!
WTF is wrong with you people! How can you hate the festival to celebrate the birth of Reptilescorpio?

Also it is another excuse to eat a shitload of candy. How can you hate that. Just throw shit back at the kids in costume, no-one will be able to charge you.

Fogz

heh, kids are going to have to get past a large locked steel gate to even get to my door and my door bell is broken :p

Jintor

Serious Sam 3 has some serious fucking problems on hard, but i'm nearly done.

Cook Serve Delicious is legit a fantastic game. I wish it had even more options and things to do though.

I have been graced with a both giant driveway that seems to scare most kids away, and few kids on my street anyway. My mum even bought freddos and stuff but noone came. I remember enjoying trick or treating when I was little, but now all I can think about is how it's unfair to expect strangers to give you free stuff. When did I become such a grouch:(
Can AusGAF have a booth?
we could probably pull something off too!

a stall has set up at uni selling fish. I'd probably buy one if I knew it wasn't going to die on the bus home.

Shaneus

WOW HD have the exact same sale on at the moment too, with very similar stock at the same prices. Someone on the OzBargain post also noted that they had pre-ordered a game through Video Ezy not that long ago which turned up a week after release with UK classification on it which points to their stock coming from the bigger company in the UK.
Interesting. I mean, I wasn't really sure and I'd never seen a storefront for Video Ezy that wasn't just selling ex-rental DVDs, but it's interesting to know. Curious to see where the items come from.
The killer will be the wait from the UK if they indeed get shipped from there. I can't wait two weeks :(

In other related new my Mighty Ape order has already arrived! Only ordered it on Thursday night and had a card in the mail box yesterday at lunchtime. Time for some Darkness 2/Crysis 2 on the 360!
Yay! I got an email saying Forza Horizon was sent from them last Thursday (or Friday)

WTF is wrong with you people! How can you hate the festival to celebrate the birth of Reptilescorpio?
It's your birthday?

Jintor

This one's public. It's pretty quiet except near the kid's area.

Unfortunately the way the net is wired I can't access my i-lectures to listen and make notes on from here. So that fucking sucks.

Gazunta

*fistbumps Yug*

Can't wait for the show. Already got the go-ahead to take the time off :)
Damn I work at a good place now

Ha, an AusGAF booth? I'm having enough of a headache sorting out my Supanova table, you guys can sort this out on your own.

Speaking of Supanova! The table allocations came out today, and everyone is losing their collective shit at their location. At any rate, please come and say hi if you're in Brisbane and check out my stupid video game comics :)

markot

Banned
Last time I went into a public library I saw someone looking at 'rude' sites on the computer >.<! RUDE!

Also an old man looking at an 'erotic' sex book with pictures...

I have been graced with a both giant driveway that seems to scare most kids away, and few kids on my street anyway. My mum even bought freddos and stuff but noone came. I remember enjoying trick or treating when I was little, but now all I can think about is how it's unfair to expect strangers to give you free stuff. When did I become such a grouch:(

we could probably pull something off too!

a stall has set up at uni selling fish. I'd probably buy one if I knew it wasn't going to die on the bus home.

oh not like a fish monger at a market.
i think i like my version better.

Sadly not Arnie, because I would by aaaall the cheap fish.
Public libraries or University ones?

I hate public libraries, but university ones are nice.
The big one in southbank Brisbane is pretty nice iirc. There's something about water views that is very conducive to learning.
*fistbumps Yug*

Can't wait for the show. Already got the go-ahead to take the time off :)
Damn I work at a good place now

Ha, an AusGAF booth? I'm having enough of a headache sorting out my Supanova table, you guys can sort this out on your own.

Speaking of Supanova! The table allocations came out today, and everyone is losing their collective shit at their location. At any rate, please come and say hi if you're in Brisbane and check out my stupid video game comics :)
When is it again? Last year it was smack bang in the middle of exams, but if I've got a spare moment I'll swing by. We could have a mini meetup at your Booth! Is anyone else going?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Can the booth just be me standing there telling you all how shit the games on show are. That we aren't getting any next gen titles because it's too early, so all we are seeing is old hat previous gen bullshit and Wii u garbage.

I can easily do that.

Clipper

How about I stand at the other end of the booth endlessly asking people to sign up to go out to drinks and play board games?

Come on SydGAF, there has to be more than three of us available in November.

Echoplx

Can the booth just be me standing there telling you all how shit the games on show are. That we aren't getting any next gen titles because it's too early, so all we are seeing is old hat previous gen bullshit and Wii u garbage.

I can easily do that.

I would pay to see this.

Hey, AusGAF, here's what I brought back--gaming-wise--from Japan:
gy0nx.jpg

Nothing amazingly rare, nothing really expensive, just a bunch of stuff I wanted.

Booth needs someone storming out every couple of hours vowing to never return.

Edit: Forgot a few things, new photo.

Does anyone know anything about Bifrost studios? My little brother's applying for a traineeship there or something?

How about I stand at the other end of the booth endlessly asking people to sign up to go out to drinks and play board games?

Come on SydGAF, there has to be more than three of us available in November.

HEY SYDNEY EVERYONE COME HANG OUT IT'LL BE FUN WE WILL HAVE DRINKS AND FUNTIMES. BE THERE OR I'LL BE MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom