• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Which hotel are you staying at? Those prices seem pretty reasonable.

Unfortunately I still haven't found a reason to be in Sydney. :(

Let's see what this Looper shit is all about. God the local Tasmania ads in the cinema are hot garbage.

I actually got one of the last two rooms at that rate, not sure if it's still available, but I'll PM you the details. Or hit me up in chat.

Clipper

Are people expecting the tickets to sell out or something? I don't know what I am going to be doing come mid next year so unsure whether to commit or not.

For me, it's mostly a case of getting the hotel now as the prices are likely only going to go up. If I've got the hotel, I might as well book the flight and show tickets as well.

Edit: Hmm, it also seems that they may drop the 3-day passes at some arbitrary point. For example, PAX East in March has single day passes available for all three days, but no three-day passes.

My official title is the 'Content and Communications Manager for PAX Australia', but there's a big team behind getting PAX to Australia.

In regards to your concerns, don't worry, the same events company that looks after PAX in the States (ReedPOP) are the same ones doing it here, not to mention the fact Penny Arcade are involved with every step of the show.
can you comment on the lack of information on penny arcade or paxsite.com

In regards to your concerns, don't worry, the same events company that looks after PAX in the States (ReedPOP) are the same ones doing it here, not to mention the fact Penny Arcade are involved with every step of the show.
I wasn't casting doubt on your abilities, just noting I don't know whether you've done con planning before so couldn't comment.

Long as you aren't from the same team that brought us Oz Comic Con, I think most shall be happy.

Good to know it's the same company as US PAX. Is there much local representation to figure out those on the ground things only locals know?

Choc

Banned
aww come on arksy :) i want to see you defend someone who clearly wrote a lie on a official government letter 10 days ago ;)

and did you notice, i shat on federal labor :)

teekun

Ignore all my concerns about PAX at the Showgrounds. I have been reliably informed that the entire place has been levelled and rebuilt since I was last there and that it'd be eminently suitable for PAX.

3 day pass GET.

Only time I've been there in the past few years was to watch some baseball, so that's good to hear. Booked mine earlier regardless.

I only just noticed this thread existed; any particular reason we get stickied over every other 'insert country here'GAF? :V

Also debating whether to go to PAX or not. Don't live in Melbourne but I have family there so it'd be somewhat easy to get to.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I only just noticed this thread existed; any particular reason we get stickied over every other 'insert country here'GAF? :V

Also debating whether to go to PAX or not. Don't live in Melbourne but I have family there so it'd be somewhat easy to get to.

we were the first major thread dragged kicking and screaming into the community section when the moves happened.. so we got stickied.. and it's stuck ever since!

Darklord

Banned
I'm guessing they'll be an AusGAf meet up at PAX? I'd love to go but none of my friends are interested(lousy beatniks!) and those kinda things are way more fun with a group.

HolyCheck

question: why are you all buying crazy expensive tickets for something that has 0 information so far.

for all we know it could be choc demoing rlans latest game and thats it...

Choc

Banned
question: why are you all buying crazy expensive tickets for something that has 0 information so far.

$115 is not expensive, not when compared to EB

and because based on the USA it could be good. It could also be shiat, but you know, lets be optimists for once

plus its likely to sell out so you know, waiting is not an option

Gazunta

That would be worth the ticket price.

I'm going because I get to hang out with people I haven't seen in ages and meet new friends. Whatever's in the show is immaterial :)

Choc

Banned

im thinking of spending $400 on a Grand Prix ticket

now thats a bit nuts ;)

Will be making complaint tomorrow to ACCC about a car storage place near the airport. Booked for 2 year old with 5 point harness seat, were taken to airport with said seat, they tried to pick us up this afternoon without said harness "just put him on your lap", then came back with booster seat rather than 5 point, then abused us as apparently "in all the time she had worked there they never offered 5 point harness seats, company policy is NOT to provide them as they take up too much space." While 3 feet away sat 3 such seats they could have sent out with the driver.

Choc

Banned
Will be making complaint tomorrow to ACCC about a car storage place near the airport. Booked for 2 year old with 5 point harness seat, were taken to airport with said seat, they tried to pick us up this afternoon without said harness "just put him on your lap", then came back with booster seat rather than 5 point, then abused us as apparently "in all the time she had worked there they never offered 5 point harness seats, company policy is NOT to provide them as they take up too much space." While 3 feet away sat 3 such seats they could have sent out with the driver.

coulda done it, silently texted the cops the number plate and deal and got them in mega shit....

I just replayed Super Mario 3D Land (going for a 100% run with M/L/golden flags) for an hour and a half and I have to say that it is such a better game than NSMB2, it isn't even funny. The music, the level design, the implementation of the 3D effect and the interface features are all so much better.

True, NSMB2 has the better Streetpass features and actual DLC, but SM3DL curbstomps it in terms of sheer fun.

It's also the little things, like letting you save after you complete each level and not kicking you out of the level back to the world map when you die. In NMB2, it happened every damn time and it was infuriating.

HEY NINTENDO - Time spent hitting buttons in a menu system and waiting for canned animations to play out is time spent NOT playing your game. Also, it's time for Mario to get rid of lives. There is literally no penalty for running out of them, so find some other reward to hand out for collecting coins, like every 100 coins nets you a Invincibility Star, a Grey Leaf or a Hammer Bros Suit or something else that tangibly changes gameplay. Make that powerup rare in-game otherwise and BAM, you've got your incentive to collect coins.

How rad would NSMB2 have been if each time you died, you respawned immediately and collecting 100 coins in a level netted you a golden flower (on a time limit), so that every level becomes a race to get on a roll and stay on that roll for as long as possible? Make it so there's a risk-reward dynamic happening where there are a lot of platforms over bottomless pits that you could easily destroy by accident and you get some pretty fun levels.

YOU'RE WELCOME, NINTENDO!!!?!

Shaneus

That would be worth the ticket price.

I'm going because I get to hang out with people I haven't seen in ages and meet new friends. Whatever's in the show is immaterial :)
I hope I fit in there somewhere ;)

Fuck it, I know what I'm going as. Post-it notes a la Office Space DVD cover and a bottle of tequila. I can be a pinata party animal, too!

Choc

Banned
Lol sexist tony strikes again. In comments against baby bonus cut he said

'If the gvt had more experience in this area'

Lol shocking. Clear reference to jg not having kids. Looks like he just can't change.

Fredescu

Lulz, seems they are owned by Wow HD (formerly known as CD Wow) now
Where did you see that? They're not just onselling Wow HD stuff?

What is going on. Phil Rothfield wrote a positive article for the A-League.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...h/comments/monday_buzz_a_league_shows_up_nrl/

Lowy has been doing some work behind the scenes with the Tele no doubt. :lol

Tele said:
If we were welded on to tradition, there would be no one-day cricket, no Twenty20 Big Bash, no night games.

Aussie Rules in Sydney would be Pennant Hills v Newtown at Trumper Park instead of the Sydney Swans at the SCG.

We’d have unlimited-tackle rugby league, no Broncos, no Melbourne Storm. Wimbledon would still be long, boring sets with no tie-breakers.
That all sounds alright to me!

Seriously though, both A League games I've watched this season have been pretty good. If only the Westies had a better striker.

Jintor

Lol shocking. Clear reference to jg not having kids. Looks like he just can't change.

i wouldn't say that's clear, tbh

HolyCheck

i think you're grasping a bit here choc

Choc

Banned
i think you're grasping a bit here choc

its not me grasping. Its how journalists are reporting it from Canberra like Melissa Clarke from the ABC.

I agree that he most likely didn't mean it that way but considering the hole he finds himself in, its not the best phrase of words to be using is it. Like the died of shame comment. Probably not intended to be along the lines of AJ, but a poor choice of words @ the time.

the shithead doesn't think before he speaks EVER. Imagine that on the world stage....

On the flipside you have MT who speaks gracefully and properly and considers what hte fuck he says rather than reactionary bullshit out of Tonys mouth that he never thinks through.

on this page we have morons who think they are arm chair economists

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/We-run-a-strict-budget-so-that-you-can-balance-yours/

What is it that people don't get that sometimes a country has to go into debt for the good of the nation? Tony has ruined this entire argument so much but saying even $1 of debt is bad. For fuck sake its not.

If we never went into debt, we'd never get houses................

So is getting a loan for a house bad, is going into debt for a house bad? of course its fucking not. Sometimes its a necessity (like during the GFC...).

It's just ridiculous how FUCKING SHIT THE FUCKING POLITICAL RHETORIC IN THIS COUNTRY HAS BECOME

Don't Google "Melissa Clarke" like I did at work just now to find out who this ABC person is. I got unexpected results.

for those that wanna know, is this lady:
Melissa_Clarke_ABCNews24.JPG

Don't Google "Melissa Clarke" like I did at work just now to find out who this ABC person is. I got unexpected results.
I like non-ABClarke more. Very cute. And bewbz.

PS-I don't like to think of them as unexpected results. Those results should be the norm, thankyouverymuch.

Gazunta

GAZUNTA GAZUNTA GAZUNTA GAZUNTA GAZUNT

CHECK YOUR INBOX GREAT GIANA SISTERS DOWNLINKS GOGOGO

OH SWEET JESUS IT'S BEAUTIFUL

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHY AM I AT WORK LIKE A SUCKER THIS IS 20 TIMES WORSE THAN THE DAY XCOM CAME OUT

GREAT GIANA SISTERS

THERE IS A NEW GREAT GIANA SISTERS GAME I HAVE NOT PLAYED YET

$2 for delivery, included in below prices

Doom 1/2/3 BFG EDITION for PS3/360 for $36.36
Forza Horizon PRE ORDER for 360 for $49.76 Shaneus!
Lollipop Chainsaw for PS3 for $28.36
Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition for PS3 for $25.16 Shaneus!
Sports Champions 2 on PS3 for $26.76
Fallout New Vegas GOTY edition on PS3/360 for $24.36
RAGE Anarchy Edition on PS3 for $15.56
Yakuza: Dead Souls for PS3 for $17.96
Resonance of Fate on 360 for $20.36
Catherine on 360 for $37.96
SSX on 360 for $28.36
Max Payne 3 on 360 for $27.56
Final Fantasy XIII-2 on 360 for $17.16, PS3 for $18.76
Dark Messiah: Might & Magic Elements on 360 for $13.16
Halo 4 PRE ORDER on 360 for $48.36

Where did you see that? They're not just onselling Wow HD stuff?
Here is a good sign.

I would expect the stock is all UK stuff, aside from cheap stuff they can source locally. Also sounds like pre-orders arrive a week or so after release day.

Damn good deals though!

Shaneus

Appreciate the effort Reps, but I already ordered (and has been sent) Horizon. Thanks anyway! However, I have just bought Dishonoured and WRC3 for the princely sum of $60 shipped.

Also, the name Elan Media Partners came up as the Paypal account holder for Video Ezy:
Élan Media Partners Pty Ltd owns and operates online consumer retail sites such as ezydvd.com, ezyflix.com, chaos.com, play4me.com and the globally successful wowhd.com, as well as videoezy.com and blockbuster.com.au. Élan Media Partners also provides online and fulfilment services to some of Australia's leading entertainment retailers, libraries and schools.
So there ya go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom