• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
HEY SYDNEY EVERYONE COME HANG OUT IT'LL BE FUN WE WILL HAVE DRINKS AND FUNTIMES. BE THERE OR I'LL BE MAD.

tumblr_m94jmsJPcJ1qzsuffo1_500.jpg

Cohsae

Idle Thumbs goodies arrived yesterday. :)

I wish I'd had a job and thus money while the kickstarter was going, I think my only goodies is a postcard. Now I have cash and I want a sweet t-shirt :(

But Hotline Miami is out so it's allll good.

Deeku

Hey, AusGAF, here's what I brought back--gaming-wise--from Japan:
http://i.imgur.com/gy0nx.jpg[IMG]

Nothing amazingly rare, nothing really expensive, just a bunch of stuff I wanted.

Booth needs someone storming out every couple of hours vowing to never return.

Edit: Forgot a few things, new photo.[/QUOTE]
fanboi!

oh and [URL="http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-5006&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_modeler%3DYohei+Kaneko%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1"]this little Link figure[/URL] is pretty rad! Still a while till it's out, but thought you might be interested. Same series also doing SS and WW Link and two mario ones.

Shaneus

No sign of mine yet :( Can only assume they're being received in order of least awesome to most awesome recipient. Makes sense.

gy0nx.jpg

Nothing amazingly rare, nothing really expensive, just a bunch of stuff I wanted.

Booth needs someone storming out every couple of hours vowing to never return.

Edit: Forgot a few things, new photo.
Sweet-arse haul, dude! You've done well.

Edit: Hey rep, were any of your items from Mightyape steelbooks? I got my Horizon one today and the case has a massive fucking kink in it from being severely bent at some stage. Not impressed :/

oh and this little Link figure is pretty rad! Still a while till it's out, but thought you might be interested. Same series also doing SS and WW Link and two mario ones.
Saw that too! Think I might try to pick it up with the Figma one. Asked a bunch of stores when it was coming out but despite having a release date of Oct and preorder slips no one knew. :/

Nice haul :)

Sweet-arse haul, dude! You've done well.
Fit it all in a backpack, too!

Oh, if there are any Biohazard fans that want the plastic slip, it's yours for postage.

Where are you working now Gaz?
Felicia Day Geocities fansite.

gy0nx.jpg
Farkkkkkkkkkk you glorious basterd. Want want want the Super Metroid and Virtual Boy Mario Tennis.

Best news all week! Hopefully mine arrives before the weekend.

Hey rep, were any of your items from Mightyape steelbooks? I got my Horizon one today and the case has a massive fucking kink in it from being severely bent at some stage. Not impressed :/
Nope, just a Crysis 2 key and Darkness 2 LE (just DLC crap, no special package).

Shoot them a quick email/tweet. I would bet they would post out another steelbook no issue.

I have a $50 westfield gift voucher to use before November, what should I get
Food court ravage.

Farkkkkkkkkkk you glorious basterd. Want want want the Super Metroid and Virtual Boy Mario Tennis.
I knew all those ¥300 "new" Virtual Boy games would provoke jealousy. They got a little crinkled on the way back, look pretty pristine though.

They've never been used! Couldn't believe they had so many.

Now, now. There's no need for name calling...

Now you need to spend that certificate on purchasing presents to apologize for all the hurt feelings... :(

midonnay

50 bucks speaker....probably not worth the money >_>

maybe Sennheiser cx-300 earphones?

probably around 80 bucks in westfield but I've seen it for half that in cash converters (never been opened) if you're lucky.

Gazunta

Where are you working now Gaz?

I'm helping run a neat studio full of creative people ... Hope to have something awesome to show off down the track :) It's my first time in such a position, but so far it's working out really well. I think I'm an OK boss :)

When is it again? Last year it was smack bang in the middle of exams, but if I've got a spare moment I'll swing by. We could have a mini meetup at your Booth! Is anyone else going?

November 9th to the 11th and all of BrisGAF will be there! Hopefully. Guys?

...guys?

Does anyone still keep in contact with Mar?

I talk to him and some other AusGAF guys on Twitter, hope to meet up at AusPAX!

I have a $50 westfield gift voucher to use before November, what should I get

Get whatever equipment you need to let you play superior PC games
like Giana Sisters
on your TV with comfy couch!

Jintor

Confession: I far prefer just using my PC monitors to the TV because I can play my PC late into the night and nobody has to be bothered by it

Gazunta

Yeah I get that. It's why I've become such a rabid iPad gamer over the last year.

God damn now I want to play XCOM some more wish they would hurry up and announce an iOS version already :)

The bender should not be on Tv episode of futurama is on. Its great. Well it's on now in Queensland. Sucked in everyone else who's missed it already.

Confession: I far prefer just using my PC monitors to the TV because I can play my PC late into the night and nobody has to be bothered by it
The pitfalls of living with people dude.
Yeah I get that. It's why I've become such a rabid iPad gamer over the last year.

God damn now I want to play XCOM some more wish they would hurry up and announce an iOS version already :)
Surface pro?

It has nothing quite as disastrous as ribbons.
HOW DARE YOU!!

Ribbons have streamlined my work processes and allows easy access to all the wondrous commands.

I had heard and saw beta screenshots that had them featuring as part of the Windows 8 UI. Is that still the case?

If so, Day 1 Perch.

Omikron

HOW DARE YOU!!

Ribbons have streamlined my work processes and allows easy access to all the wondrous commands.

I had heard and saw beta screenshots that had them featuring as part of the Windows 8 UI. Is that still the case?

If so, Day 1 Perch.

Nope. The worst.

Rather than having to remember the position of a particular function on the main toolbar area you have to (a) remember the ribbon it is on and then (b) remember the position inside that ribbon

Never mind the fact it went from a single click to 2 click process.

Efficiency.

Yug

*fistbumps Yug*

Can't wait for the show. Already got the go-ahead to take the time off :)
Damn I work at a good place now

Ha, an AusGAF booth? I'm having enough of a headache sorting out my Supanova table, you guys can sort this out on your own.

Speaking of Supanova! The table allocations came out today, and everyone is losing their collective shit at their location. At any rate, please come and say hi if you're in Brisbane and check out my stupid video game comics :)

I would, but I'm based in Sydney now ... I haven't been back to Bris since the beginning of the year, it's kinda weird actually.

Hopefully be up there in a few months, but not around Supanova time unfortunately.

Tell me more about your stupid video game comics :)

Rahk

Downloaded Corpse Party and Zero Escape on Vita!

Just need to finish up the true ending of 999 before getting into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom