• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned 31 on Thursday, been racing fast cars fast in Forza Horizon, finished the BL2 DLC, eaten a bunch of steak and chicken parma's with good friends, pushed my mother into the technological age by buying her an iPad. Heaps good games coming out over the next few weeks. On holidays at the end of November. Great bands touring soon.

Life is good, y'all.

Get the fuck out of here with all that happiness.

happy birthday. Will have to add you on Xbox, need some times etc to challenge

So my father was telling me about this obnoxious woman he sat next to on the plane, who was getting hot and heavy with her boyfriend through taxiing and take off, and then started trying to do yoga in the aisle. It was Ricky Lee, just thought you'd want to know :p

jambo

PAX Oz now at 75% of 3-day passes sold. But I guess y'all already have 'em if you were gonna get 'em :)

I'm going to grab a Saturday and Sunday pass next week when I get paid.

I checked on their FB page and they said that luckily the single day sales are lower than the full weekend passes.

midonnay

So my father was telling me about this obnoxious woman he sat next to on the plane, who was getting hot and heavy with her boyfriend through taxiing and take off, and then started trying to do yoga in the aisle. It was Ricky Lee, just thought you'd want to know :p

where is your God now ausgaf?

Omikron

apparently she has mangled toes, and the once she has in her videos are shopped :p

image.php

Where would be the best place to grab an xbox sub to at the moment?
eBay. When I get home I will dig up the really cheap ones for a post. Otherwise OzGameShop tends to have the email code for 12 months under $50, Best Buy are sometimes even cheaper than OGS (around the $43-45 mark).

Betting on elections should be illllllllllegal.
Why? Takes a hell of a lot more effort, planning, people and money to rig a result than a no ball in a cricket match.

7 eleven has obama up by a mile (and they have predicted every election successfully since george bush 1)
Jeez, I knew they had been selling games for a few years now buy selling prediction information too? What don't they do! Going to get me some predictions on the next NBA season next time I go for a slushie.

My first thought was, "that talk show host who used to be fat?" Then I Googled. Obviously the Ricky Lee fans in this thread have been slacking lately.
Gaz gets his fix on Twitter, 5 photos a day he tweets out to the world.

Obviously it is a great time to follow the man :)

What did he get banned for in the end anyway?

Shaneus

She was never fat either.
I know, I was playing off the whole "hurr derp fatty" thing that tends to surface when talking about Ricki-Lee.

Star Trek TNG S1 bluray. Yay or nay? $59 at JB. Tempted as fuck, given that I never really got into the series but always liked the episodes that were on TV.

OzGameShop

Email - 12 months for $47 (takes 1-3 hours to be emailed)
( out of stock Email - 14 months for $46 :/ )

Posted Card - 14 months for $50 (takes 2 weeks to arrive)

Best Buy am terrible prices at the moment. Will check eBay when I get access at home.

I like how barely anyone has used cunt after the first 48 hours of it being accepted again. Only gets used when you really need to show emphasis, like it should be!

Also Shaneus check Amazon. Check CamelCamelCamel.

Has anyone flown with China southern Airlines before? Did you have a good experience?
From (I think, was a few years ago now) Guangzhou to Beijing, so not a long flight. There was nothing wrong with the plane or service that I can recall. They are at the cheaper end of the spectrum, though, so don't go in expecting miracles.

Edit: GameCard has 14 month for $50 (wait, currently out of stock). I've used them the past couple of years and I've always received a code in less than 24 hours.

From (I think, was a few years ago now) Guangzhou to Beijing, so not a long flight. There was nothing wrong with the plane or service that I can recall. They are at the cheaper end of the spectrum, though, so don't go in expecting miracles.

Thanks Cod, I'm more concerned abut the 12 hour layover I have at Guangzhou airport. The reviews on the internet are pretty bad. Worst part is that free wifi only for chinese sim card holders!

jambo

Star Trek TNG S1 bluray. Yay or nay? $59 at JB. Tempted as fuck, given that I never really got into the series but always liked the episodes that were on TV.

Definitely do it. I got the sampler Blu-ray and it's stunning. Season 2 is out soon!

Still cheaper, even though it's in USD. I think I'll go for it, even though the following seasons will be far more expensive (so far, on Amazon S1 is $76 while S2 is listed @ $115USD, due for release in Dec.).

The US Blu-ray would be the wrong region. If you do import Blu-rays remember to get them from Europe.

Ouch. Is that 12-hour layover going to have you end up in China or an international transfer? If you'll end up in China, you'll have gone through customs so will be able check out the town at least for a few hours. If not... I'd probably look elsewhere unless it's crazy cheap and you can sleep in airports.

Do it! There are parts of it that don't hold up that well, but it's entertaining still (started watching it via the Blu-Rays).

Shaneus

Definitely do it. I got the sampler Blu-ray and it's stunning. Season 2 is out soon!

The US Blu-ray would be the wrong region. If you do import Blu-rays remember to get them from Europe.
Do it! There are parts of it that don't hold up that well, but it's entertaining still (started watching it via the Blu-Rays).
I had a think about it, but I think what I might do is borrow the first disc from my mate (who already owns the VHS box set of TNG) and if I'm impressed enough with the quality of both the remaster and the show in general, I'll grab it. I have a feeling I'll feel obligated to buy all the other seasons somehow, so I want to be sure it's something I'll (re)watch (even though it's what, $2 an episode or something).

Are you only watching it for the first time, DH?

Omikron

Anyone want some world of tanks code that:

Your past video game purchases on Amazon.com entitle you an invitation code to join World of Tanks, complete with bonuses. Your invitation code is good for 1000 in-game gold and 3 Day Premium Account status.

jambo

I had a think about it, but I think what I might do is borrow the first disc from my mate (who already owns the VHS box set of TNG) and if I'm impressed enough with the quality of both the remaster and the show in general, I'll grab it. I have a feeling I'll feel obligated to buy all the other seasons somehow, so I want to be sure it's something I'll (re)watch (even though it's what, $2 an episode or something).

If you do decide to get them all at least you'll have a bit of time to save up. It's the biggest film restoration project in history, so season 7 probably won't come out for another 3-4 years.

midonnay

12hours is a decent size layover, have you thought about making it an overnight stop over?

Ouch. Is that 12-hour layover going to have you end up in China or an international transfer? If you'll end up in China, you'll have gone through customs so will be able check out the town at least for a few hours. If not... I'd probably look elsewhere unless it's crazy cheap and you can sleep in airports.

I'm not staying in China, so don't have a visa. It's a layover for a transfer. This flight is costing me 1000 bucks, anything else is at least 300 bucks dearer.

I don't have to sleep, so not worried about that. It's the lack of internet that worries me. Even the airport hotels are outside the airport, so I would need a visa.

Kritz

Banned
PAX Oz now at 75% of 3-day passes sold. But I guess y'all already have 'em if you were gonna get 'em :)

BTW, what happens when they sell out? One of my friends who is planning to go hasn't bought them yet due to lack of finances. Are these all the three day passes, or will there be another batch at a higher price later on? Or will he just have to buy all three individual days separately?

I find it funny that I'm the only one without a job, but I'm the guy who can easily afford tickets + expensive hotel.

If things look dire I'll just buy his tickets for him and get paid back later.

I'm not staying in China, so don't have a visa. It's a layover for a transfer. This flight is costing me 1000 bucks, anything else is at least 300 bucks dearer.
Look into buying a pass for a lounge then, at least you'll have Internet access (probably), access to a shower, comfy chairs to sleep in, food etc.

And ask yourself if saving $300 is worth waiting around for 12 hours -- is it $300 return total difference and 12 hour layover each way? If so... my recommendation is to just pay more.

Are you only watching it for the first time, DH?

Yup. I've seen some of the movies prior, but never the actual show. This is how I'm starting. Figured it was about time I finally check out what TNG was all about.

Gazunta

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :(

I have no problem believing that story :/

IN OTHER NEWS

A6Wbis0CUAA9VN9.jpg

Look into buying a pass for a lounge then, at least you'll have Internet access (probably), access to a shower, comfy chairs to sleep in, food etc.

And ask yourself if saving $300 is worth waiting around for 12 hours -- is it $300 return total difference and 12 hour layover each way? If so... my recommendation is to just pay more.

Yeah if it's return I'd be paying more.

Outstanding indeed.

Looks like they did a fantastic job.

Kritz

Banned
Cool, PAX is on during the first week of second semester uni for me. Which means it's after exams.

It's not timed too perfectly but at least it's not running over anything important.

Shaneus

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :(

I have no problem believing that story :/

IN OTHER NEWS

A6Wbis0CUAA9VN9.jpg
Can it be bought online yet? I asked earlier in the thread but you ignored me like all those other hotshot comics guys do :(

PS. I think I might actually buy that BR. Otherwise, will just borrow the first disc from my mate.

Yup. I've seen some of the movies prior, but never the actual show. This is how I'm starting. Figured it was about time I finally check out what TNG was all about.
Did you buy it recently? Apparently there was a problem with the first release of it (might've been US only, can't verify) where some sound channels were mixed completely wrong. And I think one scene in a single episode (might've only been the UK/AU release) was missing a phaser sound effect. Don't want to buy if I have to fuck around with getting it replaced :(

Can it be bought online yet? I asked earlier in the thread but you ignored me like all those other hotshot comics guys do :(
He didn't. You actually ignored him. Like all those other non-hotshot comics guys do.

Paypal me $10 and a mailing address and you got yourself a deal :p The regular books are shipped out of the states, while signed / sketched ones are sent from me, so it's way quicker :)

You should fee ashamed of yourself. For many different reasons but, right now, for this in particular.

You should change your username to ForShameus.

senahorse

Cheers, bought. Never watched it before but my gf is a big fan, and these series don't seem to go on sale much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom