• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my ignorance but how exactly does Amazon work? Is Amazon a giant online store that sells anything, a marketplace for retailers to sell their products through or just another version of eBay where someone sitting in their basement can sell whatever?

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly does Amazon work? Is Amazon a giant online store that sells anything, a marketplace for retailers to sell their products through or just another version of eBay where someone sitting in their basement can sell whatever?
A little of column a) and a little of column b). You also have some of column c), but it's nowhere near as popular as eBay outside of Japan.

Shaneus

This football glitches thread is fucking amazing

iv3xiwk8dnS1P.gif
Is that the gay thread, or another thread?

Oh guys, did I mention in here that Argo is actually a pretty good movie? Yeah. In spite of being directed by and starring Ben Affleck.

Seriously.

Ydahs

I think I saw a mini 'tornado' today... like, wind was swirling in a circular fashion and a lot of dirt and and junk was caught in it. It lasted for like 20 seconds but it was pretty cool.

Kritz

Banned
I think I saw a mini 'tornado' today... like, wind was swirling in a circular fashion and a lot of dirt and and junk was caught in it. It lasted for like 20 seconds but it was pretty cool.

I saw one of those in like grade 4. Came out of nowhere in the play yard, moved about 4 metres, dissipated. Kind of a weird thing to witness.

Fredescu

That'd be a willy willy. They're super common in certain areas.

Clipper

OK guys, I'm setting the dates for the SydGAF November meetups. What we have are:

Dinner/Drinks with jambo: Sunday, 11th of November 6:30PM (venue TBD)
Board Gaming with Holycheck: Sunday, 18th of November 10AM (Clipper's place)
Dinner/Drinks with shanshan: Friday, 23rd of November 6:30PM (venue TBD)

We'll determine venues over the next week, I guess. Most likely in the Rocks or somewhere else nearby Circular Quay.

If you are interested in any of the events and didn't put your name on the survey for dates, please go ahead and do so. That way we'll know the final numbers and the form allows you to suggest a venue too if you have something in mind.

:/

This is where multiple devices is useful.

They exist but I am lazy. Also I hate trying to remember passwords, as I am lazy.

If it is still on sale tonight when I get home I may possibly definitely buy! I am more likely to buy it tonight than I was 2 nights ago, so that's something.

Rahk

It's almost impossible to get the nearly good ending on your first try and absolutely impossible to get the good ending until you get the nearly good ending. 999 is designed in a way that you will get many of the bad endings first. It's fun that each ending actually can lead you to a better one if you don't use an ending guide to spoil it all. To avoid spoilers, take a look at the video that you unlocked for a hint on what to do next time...
You unlock videos that have hints? I finished the game a couple days ago and never knew this. I got the 3 bad endings and then just used a spoiler-free flowchart guide for the last two.

Choc

Banned
"Labor and the Coalition are locked in a dead heat after preferences according to the Newspoll published in The Australian newspaper today."

Tony could be on track to lose the unloseable. Coalition won't let that happen, they will knife him if this keeps up.

Omikron

That link isn't, but you can put money on who will contest the next election and Gillard v Turnbull is paying even more: http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting...ederal-election/outrights?ev_oc_grp_id=598937

Haha. Interesting.

Not convinced Turnbull will replace Abbott btw, he seems too reasonable to lead the libs again. Just don't think Abbott will last it out.

Did you watch Insiders on the weekend? There was an interesting stat that Abbott would be the longest serving opposition leader to win an election if he won the next one by a massive margin. All the other leaders to win were only in the position for months, not years like he has been.

(btw, gambling sites blocked at work.)

Fredescu

Not convinced Turnbull will replace Abbott btw, he seems too reasonable to lead the libs again.
Yeah, I reckon there would be a big section of the coalition who would hate to see Turnbull in. That would cause Labor party levels of internal warring. Even if he does get in, there's no way he's going to get his way all the time, so anyone that loves him now for his progressive social views is going to be disappointed imo. In the same way we're disappointed to see atheist Gillard giving in to the religious support groups.

I don't know who else they could replace Abbott with though. I think they consider Hockey definite PM material but they're saving him up.

(btw, gambling sites blocked at work.)
The first link is for which party will be the next sworn in government. Coalition is paying $1.33, Labor is paying $3. My main reason for linking it is that the favourites in the betting always win. Newspoll might be saying 50/50, but the betting is entirely different.

The second link is for leaders at the next federal election.

Gillard vs Abbott 1.80
Gillard vs Turnbull 3.75
Rudd vs Abbott 4.50
Any Other 8.00
Rudd vs Turnbull 10.00

Clipper

You unlock videos that have hints? I finished the game a couple days ago and never knew this. I got the 3 bad endings and then just used a spoiler-free flowchart guide for the last two.
Yeah, I used a spoiler-free flowchart as well when I did it, but as I did so, I noticed some subtle differences in the videos that play after the end credits. You can check them out from the main menu, if I recall. Go watch some of them and pay careful attention to the differences between them and you should pick up on the hints.

Choc

Banned
Well in the USA the polls have romney and obama 50/50

7 eleven has obama up by a mile (and they have predicted every election successfully since george bush 1)

Honestly if Romney gets in America deserves everything it fucking gets. The rest of the world thinks he is a dick only blind americans think he is good lol

Rahk

Yeah, I used a spoiler-free flowchart as well when I did it, but as I did so, I noticed some subtle differences in the videos that play after the end credits. You can check them out from the main menu, if I recall. Go watch some of them and pay careful attention to the differences between them and you should pick up on the hints.
Oh, I think I remember videos playing after the credits, but presumed it was just playing the intro again so I never watched them.

Stackboy

Turned 31 on Thursday, been racing fast cars fast in Forza Horizon, finished the BL2 DLC, eaten a bunch of steak and chicken parma's with good friends, pushed my mother into the technological age by buying her an iPad. Heaps good games coming out over the next few weeks. On holidays at the end of November. Great bands touring soon.

Life is good, y'all.

I couldn't see the Steam page for that, but did notice that it's a rollercoaster something. FUUUUUCK. Does it look awesome? Is it more rollercoaster-y and less micromanagey than Roller Coaster Tycoon?

from the video it looks like you create the rollercoaster tracks dynamically as you ride it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom