• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look into buying a pass for a lounge then, at least you'll have Internet access (probably), access to a shower, comfy chairs to sleep in, food etc.

And ask yourself if saving $300 is worth waiting around for 12 hours -- is it $300 return total difference and 12 hour layover each way? If so... my recommendation is to just pay more.

It's 12 hours transit only while going, not while returning...so 300 bucks does not seem worth it just to save a few hours. Flightcentre can't book the lounge in advance, so I'll have to do it myself when I get there. Thanks for the advice.

Gazunta

Can it be bought online yet? I asked earlier in the thread but you ignored me like all those other hotshot comics guys do :(

Oh shit sorry!! I don't get a chance to keep up with this thread as much as I like these days. The second issue will be available through my site soon - right after Supanova. I am redoing the store so I can ship books direct out instead of using a middleman service in the states. but in the meantime we can use AusGAF and PMs if you like!

He didn't. You actually ignored him. Like all those other non-hotshot comics guys do.

You should fee ashamed of yourself. For many different reasons but, right now, for this in particular.

You should change your username to ForShameus.

Ha! You think that's bad. The books arrived at the office thhis afternoon and I sold a copy to one of my team members for full price. Now that's shameless. :)

Oh, and thanks Jintor!

God damn, I am excited. I just have two more books to get out and then Supanova is sorted. Oh and posters. And banners. And a theme for all my sketches. Aaaaaaagh fuck fuck FUCK I need another month to prepare!

Shaneus

He didn't. You actually ignored him. Like all those other non-hotshot comics guys do.

You should fee ashamed of yourself. For many different reasons but, right now, for this in particular.

You should change your username to ForShameus.
Fuck. I should just change my username to Cunt.

Sorry Gaz :(

Should thank you for calling me out, Jase. Given that you're a better person, I can see how awful I really am.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
dPIZz.jpg

Did you buy it recently? Apparently there was a problem with the first release of it (might've been US only, can't verify) where some sound channels were mixed completely wrong. And I think one scene in a single episode (might've only been the UK/AU release) was missing a phaser sound effect. Don't want to buy if I have to fuck around with getting it replaced :(

I'd heard about that, but I think that was the reason why it actually got delayed out here (I think it was a month or two/three weeks). The only thing they specifically call out on the set (and it's a very minuscule thing) is that one of the episodes has two seconds of SD footage. And as far as I can recall, every sound effect has been present.

hamchan

Third Layton game blew my mind with its twist lol. Love these games and their insane stories.

EDIT: Finished it omg the ending ;_;

Deeku

The stories always seem interesting, but then I have to do like a billion puzzles:/

Also, just completed second play through of 999. Second bad end is worse than my first bad end lol! But at least the credits rolled this time...no video though.

Clipper

The stories always seem interesting, but then I have to do like a billion puzzles:/

Also, just completed second play through of 999. Second bad end is worse than my first bad end lol! But at least the credits rolled this time...no video though.
Wait, you didn't get credits your first time? If so, then you perhaps got the nearly good ending on your first run.

Does your main menu have an option for "Preview"?

HolyCheck

Bought and installed windows 8 lastnight. Didn't get much time with it when it was done. But some of the apps are nice, like the wikipedia one.

If anyone has any questions let me know and ill sus them out tonight!

That the Nexus 4 without contract costs only slightly more than an iPhone with a contract (in the US) is pretty interesting. Pity it doesn't have LTE.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bought and installed windows 8 lastnight. Didn't get much time with it when it was done. But some of the apps are nice, like the wikipedia one.

If anyone has any questions let me know and ill sus them out tonight!

I've been using it for a month or so with the retail over the weekend.

I don't mind it at all, Which makes me sceptical to valve hating the idea of W8. Like I understand the closed store hatred but aside from that there's very little wrong with the OS.

Metro is silly since it's not really required on a desktop but it works kinda well in a silly round about way.

The Metro UI and Win8 "features" being locked to the Windows Store are what developers/publishers are worried about.

The rest of the OS seems like the awesome improvements everyone wanted.

I expect they are raising the concern so Microsoft can see that they won't quietly whinge, that they will take their concerns to the market if they have to. I highly doubt that Microsoft will lock everything down when they need every competitive advantage they can get.

HolyCheck

I've been using it for a month or so with the retail over the weekend.

I don't mind it at all, Which makes me sceptical to valve hating the idea of W8. Like I understand the closed store hatred but aside from that there's very little wrong with the OS.

Metro is silly since it's not really required on a desktop but it works kinda well in a silly round about way.

Yup. I think once I spend a bit of time organising the metro for programs I'm using a fair bit it will be a quick and snappy way to get things done.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No LTE? What a waste.

I question the need for LTE when we have such strict data caps. I have LTE on my current phone, and it's nice, but honestly, it isn't providing a significantly 'better' experience.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
No LTE? What a waste.

I question the need for LTE when we have such strict data caps. I have LTE on my current phone, and it's nice, but honestly, it isn't providing a significantly 'better' experience.

This. And while I think LTE missing is kinda stupid, I don't see LTE being a big point for another year or two at least.

Plus Google doesn't seem all that interested in aiming for the higher end spectrum of phones. That's Samsungs, HTC's (1080p 5" display) goal.

If they can sort out the crappy fragmentation of android then they might actually do a decent job, regardless of what sort of hardware they are trying to pimp out.

Fredescu

Browsing is a lot faster, and tethering to work while oncall somewhere is so much better since it has better upload. Managing data caps is the same as it's ever been in this country, it's not like you need a deliberately slow network to do this for you.

I guess these are cut price phones though, so perhaps they're not aiming high end.

Shaneus

The Metro UI and Win8 "features" being locked to the Windows Store are what developers/publishers are worried about.

The rest of the OS seems like the awesome improvements everyone wanted.

I expect they are raising the concern so Microsoft can see that they won't quietly whinge, that they will take their concerns to the market if they have to. I highly doubt that Microsoft will lock everything down when they need every competitive advantage they can get.
Yeah, pretty much. It was weird having an "app store" on a Windows OS, but when I thought about it, it felt more like a combination of Apple's store and the XBL dashboard. I'm not sure how often I'll use it (if at all).

I actually had an idea though... I don't know how compatible it is, but Valve should work on getting their big screen mode working well on tablets. Hell, it probably works great as it is! Should test that when I get home.

Lumia 920 is $829
Man, I *was* kinda tempted to grab one... but fuck me, that's expensive (for what you get compared to the Nexus). A phone at $400 outright (I assume?) is ridiculous, especially when it seems to challenge everything on Apple's device.
I'm glad we have another device to choose where the software and hardware developers are one and the same.

Wow, I'll probably get one for those great prices.
So, to clarify... are they plan prices (a la the US) or actual outright prices?

midonnay

Optus is offering up to 20 gigs with their non-phone lte data plans....

so they have alot of room to move with phones next year when more spectrum gets freed up.

Is the battery on the Nexus 4 not removable? I thought having fixed storage would be a problem when I went to the Galaxy Nexus, but I haven't really found it bothering me. The reason for it is so it can make the storage available to the device at the same time you are accessing it via the PC. Rather than devices with SD Cards which have to be mounted and thus are unavailable to the OS during that time.

Edit: A couple of sites suggest the battery may not be removable in the Nexus 4. It's a decent size but that would probably annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom