• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0VAM0D

yeah! If you're into the whole school deal you should apply! You get to wear the school uniform and eat bento and have bunkasai and stuff~ Well, I got really into it at least. haha. But then it is more school :p

I've been studying... 5 years now, I think? 2 in high school, then Japan, then 2 and a half at uni. Uni is certainly good in that it gives me incentive to study. I get really lazy otherwise. Midonnay and Deek are much better than I am though ><

I definitely have been considering it! I'm not sure how I would dive into that, though, or what it requires. I guess it's time to start Googling, ah.

Wow! That's quite a while. I'm glad you're persisting with your study, I know so many people who just give up on languages, it's such a shame. (I have a lot of feelings for languages and culture ;__;)

Do they even sell that anymore?

1/2 of vending machines have it. Most servos too. Even Red Rooster sells it. Hard to get 2L bottles at Safeway/Coles though, usually only the 1.25L ones :(

Vending machine around the corner from work has it for $3.40. Always tempting to drive to the otherside of town, the vending machine at The Good Guys has Coke bottles for $3!

Deeku

I'm kinda half addicted to coke zero and the lipton ice tea varieties. Otherwise I'm mostly green tea or water.

shanshan310 said:
yeah! If you're into the whole school deal you should apply! You get to wear the school uniform and eat bento and have bunkasai and stuff~ Well, I got really into it at least. haha. But then it is more school :p

I've been studying... 5 years now, I think? 2 in high school, then Japan, then 2 and a half at uni. Uni is certainly good in that it gives me incentive to study. I get really lazy otherwise. Midonnay and Deek are much better than I am though ><
Oh god that would have been sooo coool! My parents didn't let me go on the japan exchange thing we had at our high school because they thought the whole homestay thing was dodgy...;_;

And I mostly just think I know japanese lol. Mid seems legit though!

Boyfriend, who was asleep, just sat up and started complaining about how runes were a waste of money and didn't really increase your stats much. "In lol?" I asked, "no real life, at uni" and then he was asleep again. Not sure if I'm missing something.
Oh god that would have been sooo coool! My parents didn't let me go on the japan exchange thing we had at our high school because they thought the whole homestay thing was dodgy...;_;
To be fair, it can be kinda dodgy. My host family were pretty sleazy, but there are so few families willing to host apparently so the host companies keep them on call.
Still better than me, at least until I can download a language model direct into my cyberbrain
I want one so bad;.;

START RANT

6 years living in Geelong: not a scratch on any cars I had/have
14 months living in Warrnambool: 3 dings from car doors, 1 massive one from a ute/4WD door, RHS keyed all the way along, LHS keyed along passenger door

Any fucking time, any fucking day, mate.
I'll see you down in Bass fucking Strait.

Also heard some great confirmation today of gross misuse of tax payer dollars. Enough to make me want to drive to their house and beat their greedy, selfish face in.
This whole place is a massive circlejerk, doing your best to fuck everyone in the arse as effectively and efficiently as possible to get that fucking beach house on the Gold Coast or similarly stupid thing. Whatever happened to doing things for society? What happened to making things better for everyone, not just your own personal P&L? Can't we program humanity into people please FFS?

END RANT

le come on Omi. Every god and his dog has done a great cover of Immigrant Song.

Jintor

Nah, I wouldn't be able to support myself:( why do you ask?

Everyone around me is starting to move out. I mean, half of them are medical interns so yeah, they're following their hospital placements, but still. You're a year younger than me, right? I forget how old deek is.

Everyone around me is starting to move out. I mean, half of them are medical interns so yeah, they're following their hospital placements, but still. You're a year younger than me, right? I forget how old deek is.
Yeah. I imagine it's all going to start happening in a few months since a lot of my friends are close to graduating:( aaah I want time to just stop, or at least everyone to stay in one place.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
How much would you have to earn a week realistically to move out while studying in uni for the next 4 years?
Yeah. I imagine it's all going to start happening in a few months since a lot of my friends are close to graduating:( aaah I want time to just stop, or at least everyone to stay in one place.
It's like the last episode of K-ON!! ;_;

START RANT

14 months living in Warrnambool: 3 dings from car doors, 1 massive one from a ute/4WD door, RHS keyed all the way along, LHS keyed along passenger door

Also heard some great confirmation today of gross misuse of tax payer dollars. Enough to make me want to drive to their house and beat their greedy, selfish face in.
This whole place is a massive circlejerk, doing your best to fuck everyone in the arse as effectively and efficiently as possible to get that fucking beach house on the Gold Coast or similarly stupid thing. Whatever happened to doing things for society? What happened to making things better for everyone, not just your own personal P&L? Can't we program humanity into people please FFS?.

Welcome to the real world. Everyone's a jerk.

Also pfft to the gold coast beach house, noosa is where it's at.

Deeku

People around me have moved out and are getting married n stuff! D:

How much would you have to earn a week realistically to move out while studying in uni for the next 4 years?

It's like the last episode of K-ON!! ;_;

Thing is, I could probably do it fairly easily. Working 15 hours a week I made over $300, which is enough for food, rent, bills, bus etc and not too distracting from study. But then I'd never get ahead, or have money to spend on fun times I guess. Right now sacrificing savings and free food for a boyfriend-ful, nag-free household seems awful tempting but not really feasible long term.

Crap, I forgot to keep watching after season one >< Reminds me I need to catch up!

Aon

^ The above are for strategy fans only.

Heart of Iron is amazing, but confuses the fuck outta me.

And Majesty 2 is an incredibly poor sequel to an amazing game that recently got a HD upgrade on Steam.

*Wink*

Also: Welcome new person, Steam chat is where cool people are.

Omikron

So good.

97734F96B55F8F79BE7EF83953D46656907AEDD6

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Crap, I forgot to keep watching after season one >< Reminds me I need to catch up!
It's so much better than S1 too! definitely worth a watch if you liked S1.
Thing is, I could probably do it fairly easily. Working 15 hours a week I made over $300, which is enough for food, rent, bills, bus etc and not too distracting from study. But then I'd never get ahead, or have money to spend on fun times I guess. Right now sacrificing savings and free food for a boyfriend-ful, nag-free household seems awful tempting but not really feasible long term.
I'd imagine it's easier if you find a room-mate or partner to live with. If you can tolerate that kind of arrangement! ;p

Paper Fox

START RANT

Had my dads car for something like 9 years, no accidents, nothing.
Save up for a nice shiny new car to call my own, and some jerk rear-ends me, have to get a completely new rear bumper. It was less than a week old!

Shaneus

True rep, true.

Anyway, we all know the best ever cover is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aF9AJm0RFc
I would be inclined to think it's this. Although having said that, I know there are at least 10 songs that are covers that I absolutely adore, that I can rarely think of. I shall think of them.

Vanilla Coke destroys all. No question.

Now I want a fucking VCoke, nice work guys. I need to lose some weight! And not from my teeth!
Diet VCoke was actually better, IMO. The tacky taste of the fake sugar was offset by the extreme sweetness of the vanilla... balanced itself perfectly! So, so good.

Portello's the best, though.
START RANT

This whole place is a massive circlejerk, doing your best to fuck everyone in the arse as effectively and efficiently as possible to get that fucking beach house on the Gold Coast or similarly stupid thing. Whatever happened to doing things for society? What happened to making things better for everyone, not just your own personal P&L? Can't we program humanity into people please FFS?

END RANT
We actually have an awesome new mayor now, Rep. My sister's marketing business did a lot of stuff for him, and he's rumoured to make the first thing he does to be free parking around the whole city. Good business head on his shoulders IMO.

Another great cover, but probably far from everyone's tastes. At least, in AusGAF.

Damn, I haven't really used Steam in a while. AusGAF Steam chat is a thing?

Completely. 20ish of us on every night.

On another note:
I AM COMING TO PAX. EVERYGAF MEETUP

for those from irc/steam, trees my girlfriend got the ticket for me. She seems to like you guys.

Also figured out how to get my account back. Yay for multiple domain names.

Ningo

That reminds me I should give my Steam Id: ningo1987

I think the only Ausgaf I have friended on steam is reptile.

In other news I just realised all kinds of flying insects have been committing suicide in my glass of coke zero all evening because the house is hotter than hell.

Just refilled my glass and their corpses floated to the top, yum.

Aww, just went to play some sleepydogs as I just started to really get into it and there is a 3.3gb update/redownload

Gazunta

Blow The Cartridge #2 done and printed.
My pages for the new issue of Groovy Gravy finally sent off tonight!
Now all I need to do is draw some new Henry The Sexually Perverted Chocolate Bar and I'm finished making comics for the show. Good thing there's tons of tiOH JESUS FUCK IT'S LIKE A WEEK FROM NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom