• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this is going to be really out of order
trees my girlfriend got the ticket for me. She seems to like you guys.
Also figured out how to get my account back. Yay for multiple domain names.

YAY
I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.
ALSO IMGUR VIEWER IS BACK?!?!?!
Damn, I haven't really used Steam in a while. AusGAF Steam chat is a thing?

the best thing
I kind of became a different person between high school and uni and having a gap year might've been more beneficial in terms of helping sort all that crap out. But then again, maybe not!

like some kind of transforming alien person?
No one Japanese, but one of the big names in the western development world. I think you've probably already met him anyway.

TIM SCHAFER GUYS
ITS TIM SCHAFER
I look at 2012 as a frustrating series of missed opportunities and large scale tactical errors.

2013 is already looking to be incredible.
2011 was my year. 2012 is okay but October in particular has ruined its metacritic rating.

Awesome, more people to practice my rudimentary japanese with

I dont know what year my year was.
ask me on new years how this one has turned out
still not sure if good or bad

Wait..

So..

People actually like Mountain dew?
i do
We don't even sell the normal one anymore. Who the hell wants caffeinated Mountain Dew? yuck.

thats the only one in the us.
Lately I've been having trouble drinking soft drink. Its just way too bubbly :(
hahah awwww
Stick to water.

I keep collapsing and getting a coke or a sunkist or... fucks up my stomach something bad. I think I'm going to restrict myself:

1) Coke in glass bottles
2) Coke in metal cans that I've put in my goddamn fridge for like 5 days and is nearly but not quite frozen
3) Mixed alcohol drinks

Everything else is water.
some kind of plastic hater?

Clipper

Another reminder of the SydGAF November meetup times, AKA the Syd Gaf triplets:

• Dinner/Drinks with jambo: Sunday, 11th of November 6:30PM (venue TBD)
  • Board Gaming with Holycheck: Sunday, 18th of November 10AM (Clipper's place)
  • Dinner/Drinks with shanshan: Friday, 23rd of November 6:30PM (venue TBD)

We'll determine venues by the middle of next week. I'm busy over the rest of this week, so I won't be pushing it as much, but perhaps you all might figure out some good choices in the meantime. Most likely in the Rocks or somewhere else nearby Circular Quay.

If you are interested in any of the events and didn't put your name on the survey for dates yet, please go ahead and do so by clicking here. That way we'll know the final numbers and the form allows you to suggest venues still.

Edit: Just noticed we have a new attendee for jambo's event... Yug! I've updated the Venn diagram of attendees. This is going to be awesome.
venn.png

r1chard

PAX 3-day passes sold out. Cool. Except for my slacker friends who didn't get theirs in time. You lot will be my friends, right? :)

Rahk

God, I really hope I get JET after uni. That would be so good. I really don't want to have to do private tutoring crap with dodgy english colleges.
Been thinking about applying for next year too. A month to go before applications close, hmm.

I know a few people that have worked for private schools and they enjoyed it. Probably depends on the school and where you end up though.

PAX 3-day passes sold out. Cool. Except for my slacker friends who didn't get theirs in time. You lot will be my friends, right? :)
Until they show something resembling a schedule, I'm not interested. I have little doubt it'll be good, but I do like to know what I'm spending my money on.

Dunno about you guys but I'm pretty excited about Star Wars Episode 7.
From the trailer, I was excited about Episode 1. We all know how that worked out.

jambo

So, star wars Disney hey. That is weird and exciting.

Excited, but also a little bit worried. I'm mostly just still in shock to be honest...

Thrawn Trilogy plz

That would be amazing. I really hope they do use some of the EU material for the films. Nothing crazy, but a lot of the basic plot has already been laid out and isn't known by that many people.

Shit, I still need to buy tickets. Most likely getting a couple of Saturday badges for myself and the missus.

Thrawn Trilogy plz
This could work great. In any case Lucas isn't involved so that at the very least is a great start! Disney have done a great job with movies lately.

We can hang out!

Until they show something resembling a schedule, I'm not interested. I have little doubt it'll be good, but I do like to know what I'm spending my money on.
No hang out for Cod!

I visited Euro Disneyland in 2007 which I assume has most of the same rides, but with more pretense and smaller drinks.

Star Tours was the name of the ride (I know one of the US ones has it, not sure whether -land or -world), heaps of Mickey dressed as a jedi figures, etc.

Linky

Huh. I had no idea. Thanks for that.

Well, at the very least it means that they can be far more overt about Star Wars properties and integrate them more into everything.

JarJar in the midday parade, anyone?

OH YEAH!!

Stackboy

Things that happened since I bought those Radiohead tickets

- Went to NYC, Boston and Washington
- Got an awesome girlfriend
- Swans won the premiership

I think 2012 is my best year ever.

The first one happened to me too, but not the other two.

It's weird that this Lucasfilm buyout from Disney has inadvertently brought about the announcement of Episode 7. What a weird day.

Meanwhile, AC3 to be picked up this arvo and NFS:MW tomorrow. I'm hearing the SP ain't great, but the MP is. I am still pleased. VIDEO. GAMES.

Forza Horizon is still surprising me at how good it is.

jambo

It's weird that this Lucasfilm buyout from Disney has inadvertently brought about the announcement of Episode 7. What a weird day.

I always knew it would happen eventually, but it's still weird to be living in a world where Star Wars Episode 7 has been announced.

Next thing you know, Half-Life 3 will be announced...

teekun

I want Community to still be good, it just doesn't look good.
Of course, maybe now that Harmon's out of the picture they won't even try to make it so meta anymore and we'll just get a solid sitcom out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom