• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

midonnay

So then surely there are better ways to do this, like megadrive suggested, than to say "hey give us free money every year!". It doesn't sound like a very safe business model.

thats how public radio and tv does it in America....

every six months, they have funding drives.....bloody annoying they are >_>

Fred/Cod/x3n! NVIDIA TXAA, is it good? Should I be excited to update my firmware for it? Will it mean The Witcher 3 won't have that slightly awful dithering shadow thingy?

Even though I am super in debt for this wedding thingy I have spent the morning pining over a new GPU. Since I am low on cash I had been looking at a 560Ti but then when I compare it to a 670 I realllllllllly want that extra long bar. Either one will be a lot better than my 460!

Although my 460 still hasn't struggled with any games I am playing on my 1920x1080 monitor.... maybe I can spill some water or something on it.

Jintor

So I booted up Crusader Kings II and went through the tutorial and tried to start a game and IMMEDIATELY FREAKED OUT because it's overwhelming and I have no clue what to do.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I booted up Crusader Kings II and went through the tutorial and tried to start a game and IMMEDIATELY FREAKED OUT because it's overwhelming and I have no clue what to do.

I loaded up my xenoblade save last night.. havent played in months.. bloody saved right in an enemy zone.

NO IDEA WHAT IM DOING HOW DO I HIT YOU BAD GUYS

Omikron

Ok, Aus-IRC-GAF has interest in board games online (Clipper is trying to organise a game of Ankh Morpork for this evening!), but as an aside to that, I have been using this piece of software for sometime now:

http://www.brettspielwelt.de/?nation=en

Basically it is an online platform for playing board games, mostly of the 'euro' style.

One that I recommend us starting on is '7 Wonders', which is a light strategy game that takes somewhere between 15 and 30 mins to play (close to 15 when you are used to the rules online because of no setup time!) and doesn't take too long to learn said rules either.

So if anyone is keen, maybe we can slate a day like... Wednesday evening to play?

If you are interested in learning the rules, a series of videos starting from this one is a good place to go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Wfdn5Es8U

Bumpski, anyone keen?

midonnay

same deal with final fantasy 12....

so bloody long that game....must he played through half of it like 3 times already... then restart.

Man my perfect holiday would be sitting on the beach in that Dead Island game with no fucking zombies but within shouting distance of the bar staff and a rotating plasma that moves with the sun so there is no glare and just laying back and busting out 300 hours of New Vegas while working on my tan, drunk of course.

Bumpski, anyone keen?
Keen? Fuck yes.
Available? Fuck no. 2 more weeks and then I will be free! Maybe. Not sure how this marriage thing works yet.

same deal with final fantasy 12....

so bloody long that game....must he played through half of it like 3 times already... then restart.
Same here, just get a point out in the desert where I am too worried about the side-quests and whatever crap I have filled my head with from GameFAQ's where I want to get 100% done in the one playthrough and just get burnt out from lack of story consumption.

Deeku

Yeah I think I'm over playing super long console jrpgs, just don't have the time/patience these days. Much rather have them on portables, like P4 vita (which seems to be a 90+ hour game:eek:)

I do plan on going back to finish Xenoblade at some point, it deserves to be played through! Might finish off Muramasa too while I have the wii plugged in.

senahorse

Fred/Cod/x3n! NVIDIA TXAA, is it good? Should I be excited to update my firmware for it? Will it mean The Witcher 3 won't have that slightly awful dithering shadow thingy?

Even though I am super in debt for this wedding thingy I have spent the morning pining over a new GPU. Since I am low on cash I had been looking at a 560Ti but then when I compare it to a 670 I realllllllllly want that extra long bar. Either one will be a lot better than my 460!

Although my 460 still hasn't struggled with any games I am playing on my 1920x1080 monitor.... maybe I can spill some water or something on it.

Fred (or Cod, I just know Fred runs NV) might be best to ask on this one as I haven't been a team green guy for a few years, but I didn't think TXAA was supported on anything under the 600 series (but as I said, probably not the best person to ask). Also, if I was to get a new GPU I would go straight for the 670, it's a beast :), the 680 is even better but might be hard to justify the price increase.

Fred (or Cod, I just know Fred runs NV) might be best to ask on this one as I haven't been a team green guy for a few years, but I didn't think TXAA was supported on anything under the 600 series (but as I said, probably not the best person to ask). Also, if I was to get a new GPU I would go straight for the 670, it's a beast :), the 680 is even better but might be hard to justify the price increase.

Yeah I looked at the bench between the 670 and 680 and there wasn't much difference, especially for such a huge cost increase. Not sure why but I really would love to have a TwinFrozr though!

If your current card is serving you well enough, I wouldn't bother buying a new one. Wait until there's a game out that you want and your card can't play it to wait for an upgrade. You'll get the benefit of a better card most likely.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I felt the same way when I first played Europa universalis 3.. kind of excited about getting into Crusader Kings 2 when I get time, esp since I heard it has
incest
Oh yeah... perhaps I should finish off Xenoblade.
Same here bro. I was really hooked on it last time I played it too, but got distracted by other stuff yet again.

hamchan

I'm in the middle of FFIV and I have no idea what to do after putting it down for a month. All these games should have a 'previously on' bit like FFXIII-2, or a record of the story like Tales.

Bernbaum

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom on iPad is a rad game for cool people. Whoever recommended it during the 99c sale gets a hug.

-

Olympic torch relay comes through my town this morning. Tourist mode - engage!

jambo

Marry a Muslim, commit cultural suicide.

0NqKh.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm in the middle of FFIV and I have no idea what to do after putting it down for a month. All these games should have a 'previously on' bit like FFXIII-2, or a record of the story like Tales.
I put down rpgs for months and always manage to pick them up again and finish them off.:D wikipedia is pretty helpful in those situations.

jambo

I had the same problem with Mass Effect 2.

Started playing it again last night and I had no idea what was going on for about 30 minutes. I had to read through a bunch of quests, check the wiki and do a few other things until it all clicked again.

The current season of Futurama starts on 11 at 8 tonight for those not following along otherwise. Haven't gone much on it myself so far but fans of the series after the relaunch would probably enjoy it.

They're only running one episode whereas it premiered with two in the US so local broadcast will still be a month behind.

Card Boy

Banned
Just won Lost Odyssey on ebay for $11.50. Someone tried to snipe me in the last 5 seconds (was refreshing), lucky i set that maximum bid lol.

Why is this program allowed? Thats pretty shitty. You snooze you lose.
I presume it scrapes the screen. If that's the case there's not much eBay can do about it.

I have used jBidwatcher in the past mostly for the feature where you can give it a bunch of auctions and it'll keep bidding until it wins one and will then stop.

Omikron

So, I managed to make it onto my PC in time to potentially teach people 7 Wonders. Get into Steam chat is likely easiest to organise, but some details anyway.

Anyone keen, download the client here: http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Community/Download/?nation=en

When you start it up, you will need to enter a username and password and such, I believe it creates an account for you then and there, but don't quote me, been a while!

Once into the client, go here on the left hand side:

fcSed.png

Click on 7 wonders and you will be shown all the rooms for that game, I will be floating about in there. Might take a minute or so to download the game data for the first time, so be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom