• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Well, I guess I've submitted some clerkship applications. But there's only like three dedicated media firms. Time to branch out into stupidly general huge monoliths!

Is this like Spotify? I don't get what Pandora is other than an internet radio. Do i get to choose my songs like Spotify?
It was doing what Spotify does a decade before Spotify, but yes, kind of. Pandora is more about discovering new music than just listening to your favourite stuff though. IMO it does a much better job than Spotify of linking up similar music when you pick an artist or song you like.

Not sure how Spotify does it, but Pandora categorises the musical qualities of each song and artists and finds matches that way, where Spotify just seems to be a lookup table of artists that someone thinks are similar.

Jintor

I've been thinking a lot about how staid and depressing studying and applying for legal jobs is making me, and how excited and happy I get just drawing, or free writing, or watching videos about other people being creative (the DoubleFine backer videos being my main source of joy at present). I think I might be trying to tell myself something.

Fusebox

Banned
It was doing what Spotify does a decade before Spotify, but yes, kind of. Pandora is more about discovering new music than just listening to your favourite stuff though. IMO it does a much better job than Spotify of linking up similar music when you pick an artist or song you like.

Not sure how Spotify does it, but Pandora categorises the musical qualities of each song and artists and finds matches that way, where Spotify just seems to be a lookup table of artists that someone thinks are similar.

So true, Spotify radio has a tendency to suggest crazy stuff.

I've been thinking a lot about how staid and depressing studying and applying for legal jobs is making me, and how excited and happy I get just drawing, or free writing, or watching videos about other people being creative (the DoubleFine backer videos being my main source of joy at present). I think I might be trying to tell myself something.
How many years left of uni do you have? I've actually been having a similar day, but with less 'this is boring' and more 'this is useless on it's own, and I once wanted to do bigger things. I could do so much more...' Im thinking about doing post grad, possibly part time or through open universities. Maybe you could do the same with something creative. I guess there's always the option to do it in your spare time, but really jint, you're only young. There's still plenty of opportunity to change your mind and really do anything. I know this is coming from someone who is going through their own crisis and has also never had a full-time job, but if you aren't going to enjoy it what's the point? How do you see yourself 10 years down the track? Will you be happy? Is making a higher wage(if you even will) worth being bored with what you spend half your life on? What do you like about law? maybe think back on why you picked it.
hope shandawg is ok!
He seems to be fine now:) thanks guys.

Mum says chocolate isn't good for dogs.
You should him given him your milk.
Lolol.

Can't stop thinking about Prometheus.

It's spectacular, a bit dumb, intense and yet a bit plodding. I'm not sure if it's amazing or contrived garbage. Uncertain if it's a body of work that will be understood within the scope of a continued series of films or whether all the information is there as a singular narrative and will reward the patient viewer.

I knew very little about the film going in and didn't care where it fit in the Alien mythos.

If I'm still thinking about it, maybe that means it's a creative success if it's still worming it's way through my brain. It could also mean that it's completely stupid if I'm having to fill in the holes myself.

Pretty much describes how I feel about this film. If there is a sequel I hope they ditch that hack Lindelof.

Wait until you start working in the jobs. Oh the joys of corporate life.

That's hilarious, in an 'oh god there's no way that's real, right?' kind of way.
I thought Christians were all about anal? The lords contraception!
Hah!

Did you guys hear about the guy who beat up a priest in a nursing home for molesting him and his brother many years ago? Well he was acquitted, despite confessing and expecting 4 years in jail. It seems none of the jurors thought it was right to send him to jail.

That's hilarious, in an 'oh god there's no way that's real, right?' kind of way.

Hah!

Did you guys hear about the guy who beat up a priest in a nursing home for molesting him and his brother many years ago? Well he was acquitted, despite confessing and expecting 4 years in jail. It seems none of the jurors thought it was right to send him to jail.

Not sure whether this is going to be an opinion against the grain, but he shouldn't have been acquitted. Vigilantism undermines the justice system. It shouldn't be encouraged.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
A lot of people on GAF talk up Little Big Planet (and now the racing game) but I've never actually met anyone who gives a shit about the game.

It just seems to be 'there'.

Not sure whether this is going to be an opinion against the grain, but he shouldn't have been acquitted. Vigilantism undermines the justice system. It shouldn't be encouraged.

I agree, it sets a bad precedent. Although apparently he wasn't able to take any legal actions because of the time frame, and it also wasn't a premeditated bashing. I dunno. I don't think its a good thing, but I understand.

If you want to sidestep the justice system you have plenty of options that won't result in getting into trouble. You don't need to beat the shit out of someone to destroy their lives.

Deeku

Wait till those rejections emails start coming through!

Rahk said:
Time to buy some 50% off Atlus games for my Vita.
:O

Will check out later tonight. Might grab the persona remake stuff, have them on umd but never got around to opening them...

Rahk

Wait till those rejections emails start coming through!

:O

Will check out later tonight. Might grab the persona remake stuff, have them on umd but never got around to opening them...
I'm buying them on the US store. Not sure if the AU store has the sale too or if they're well priced.

Just bought Person 3 Portable, but not sure what else to get. Is Persona 2 still worth playing?

hamchan

I'm buying them on the US store. Not sure if the AU store has the sale too or if they're well priced.

Just bought Person 3 Portable, but not sure what else to get. Is Persona 2 still worth playing?

Yep, I think Persona 2 is still good. Persona 1 not so much.

Bernbaum

A lot of people on GAF talk up Little Big Planet (and now the racing game) but I've never actually met anyone who gives a shit about the game.

Currently playing LBP PSP.

Always appreciated the design and charm of the games. The finicky platforming of LBP1 on the PS3 was a mere annoyance. On the PSP version it's absolutely infuriating.

It's a terrible platformer.

Yagharek

I thought Christians were all about anal? The lords contraception!

That's Catholics specifically, I believe. Condoms are teh evil and all that.

Tony Abbott described asylum seekers coming through the 'back door rather than the front door' as un-Christian

At least he is no longer pretending to be biased against certain ethnic groups. Maybe in future boat people will arrive with bibles in hand to test this premise.

Deeku

Ah boo, I thought you meant the sale started here too:(

Ummmm, maybe get the Sting stuff - like Yggdra Union, Riviera etc.

Haven't opened my P2, but I played a bit the original remake. It's ok, but you need to go in knowing that a. it's a PS1 era game, and b. they have more in common with the old SMT games than P3/P4. Still good dungeon crawl jrpgs though!

Little Big Planet is a toolbox. I enjoyed the levels that came with the first game a lot but it wasn't mind blowing or anything.

Eh, platformers. Enjoyed it more than NSMB but Rayman Origins was more fun.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

My sisters absolutely love it.

Deeku

I played A LOT of lbp, multiplayer was really fun with friends and stuff. Didn't really touch lbp2 though, was kinda over it by then.

LBP annoyed the hell out of me. It looked fun, but I had so much trouble switching between the three planes. That game has mario-party level friendship breaking potential. lol.

EDIT: From the funny pictures thread.
rM2df.jpg

jambo

No Internet at home atm, other housemate who is the account holder hasn't paid an outstanding $70 on the account, so it's suspended. She is now trying to blame it on my GF and one of our old housemates, who moved out SIX MONTHS ago, saying they didn't pay her. They always transferred money when she asked. Plus, if it was from 6 months ago the account would've been suspended 4-5 months ago.

Ugh, can't wait to move out in a week and a half.

No Internet at home atm, other housemate who is the account holder hasn't paid an outstanding $70 on the account, so it's suspended. She is now trying to blame it on my GF and one of our old housemates, who moved out SIX MONTHS ago, saying they didn't pay her. They always transferred money when she asked. Plus, if it was from 6 months ago the account would've been suspended 4-5 months ago.

I thought you were moved out with the gf alone already?

Women hey, I can feel that emotion.

You know what helps?

Beer! Or Cider. Or Scotch. Either or.

Also games. And moving out. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom