• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Also fucking lightbulbs. Every lease I sign says we MUST replace all globes before leaving yet every house I move into we have to replace half of them.

Also ALL real estate agents are fucking useless. ALL. If you are a real estate agent I would probably hate you. Have a heart and do some work already.

Agreed. They also game the incoming and outgoing inspections. Get someone incompetent to do the incoming report, then a white gloved drill Sargent with OCD and dust phobia to do the outgoing report.

Valve add another feather to their cap with the acquisition of the awesome dude behind the Splinter Cell trilogy and Chris Remo's favorite three words. Best pickup since Doug Church. I bet he is going to get them started on Half Life 4 while the current team decides on the font for the Episode 3 pre-production banner.

BUILD YOUR OWN PC STACKBOY! IT WILL BE GREAT FUN.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I remember back when I cared about new music, listening to JJJ and 4ZZZ while trawling oth.net for MP3s. It's amazing what a kid will discover if you give them no context or guidance as far as what they're "supposed" to like.

You might say I have bad, scattershot taste for having Michael Bublé, Jamiroquai, Faithless, Maroon 5, America, The Presets, Michael Jackson, Bluebottle Kiss, George Clinton, Massive Attack, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga and Los Iracundos in the same playlist. I say that you may be right, but at least I'm totally, like, free of the bonds that hold you down in the pub-rock ghetto man.

Maybe it's a conscious rejection of rap (which as a brown kid living in Queensland in the 90s and 2000s, I was meant to freaking LOVE), but I really had no rudder when it came to music and all my friends were into death metal, which all sounds the same after a while.

I've stopped consuming music wholesale and having strong opinions now, which is good seeing as my wife has a Top 40 pop palate and it would just result in fights over the car stereo. There are the occasional times this is a bit disappointing, like when I want to blast out the Zelda 25th Anniversary CD, the Ministry of Sound Chillout Sessions or the Tron Legacy soundtrack and awareness of her utter non-enjoyment of that kind of music makes me stop, but it's a small sacrifice to make.

tl;dr - Not having strong opinions on music allows me to have broad tastes and enhances my happiness. Try it sometime.
probably unintentionally thinly veiled, smug, "my musical ideology is better than yours" post. In effect no better than music snobs.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Also fucking lightbulbs. Every lease I sign says we MUST replace all globes before leaving yet every house I move into we have to replace half of them.

Also ALL real estate agents are fucking useless. ALL. If you are a real estate agent I would probably hate you. Have a heart and do some work already.

how will they know?

you have the power turned off when you leave. it wont get turned on til the new tennant is in.

landlords will never know theres a problem!

how will they know?

you have the power turned off when you leave. it wont get turned on til the new tennant is in.

landlords will never know theres a problem!

When I tell the landlord that none of the lights work the response is, "well you already moved in so it is your problem, lease says that tenant is responsible for all light globes".
Real estate agents hold the same line.
So basically the new tenant gets fucked because the agent/landlord is too lazy to buy new globes for you and take it out of the old tenants bond.

Ideally an agent should also go do their inspection the moment the keys are handed in so they have plenty of time to tell the old tenant what they need to go back and do as well as turn it around as fast as possible for the owner.

r1chard

I distinctly remember carrying around a box of energy-saver lightbulbs between rental properties back in the day anyway... didn't matter if the globes in the house were blown, they were replaced when I moved in and reinstated when I moved out :)

PC building is so easy, I don't get it with all these people worrying about it so much...

It seems really really daunting. The worry about fucking it up and losing $1200 worth of your money is pretty strong. Once you actually get into it for the first time it is a huge relief and you wonder why you were shitting yourself.

Omikron

I miss choc. :(

[15:43] <omi> i want another pixel hunting sniper game like delta force
[15:43] <omi> in fact
[15:43] <omi> i want another voxel engine game
[15:43] <omi> :D
[15:43] <Choc> like delta force omi

Frawdder

Has anyone ever given up on a game because you thought it wasn't great only to go back to it much later and start enjoying it?

Because that's what I'm feeling with Borderlands lately. I liked the idea of Borderlands but felt that it was just a bit boring when it came out in 2009. I put 17 hours into the game and had put it aside, never to touch it again. On the weekend I had a craving to play it due to watching someone stream it during the week and have been really enjoying the game a lot more than I initially did. I'm not saying that I think the game is now fantastic but my opinion of the game has changed from "Boring game/More like Borederlands hur hur" to something along the lines of "Enjoyable shooting game to kill some time". Perhaps it's because I'm only playing it in short bursts that I'm enjoying it more, maybe it's the class I'm using or the weapons I have found, I really can't pinpoint why I'm suddenly liking this game I once put into the 'Rubbish' category in my Steam library.

Also, Steam sale in less than 12 hours, get excited!

Fredescu

I had the same experience with Borderlands Frawd. Don't really know why. I treated it more as a podcast/loot game the second time and enjoyed it a lot more.

I know it's cliché but 'if I can build a computer, anyone can'. There is certainly a level of satisfaction to actually building something yourself as well.

I have way too many games to play, yet I'm starting to get excited about the Steam Sale. Damn you Gabe!

Fredescu

360 RRoD failure rate was at something like 15-20% for a while there...
This has nothing to do with failure rate. If you get an RRoD, your console is fucked and you get it fixed. If your PC starts randomly freezing, you've got a long road of troubleshooting and dealing with vendors ahead.

Free Hard Reset DLC is out!

THPS HD comes out a month later than 360 for PS3 (plus some fucking random SUMMER time thing for the PC version!), has no local multiplayer, no Glifberg, no Kareem, no Rowley, no Caballero, no Burnquist, no HORSE at all even for the online MP, no Spiderman, no Create-A-Park, ONE fucking track from THPS (no New Girl, no Jerry Was A Racecar Driver, no Police Truck!), no Blood Brothers, Guerrilla Radio, Out With The Old, Evil Eye!

Fucks sake, the 360 dpad is fucking terrible! And this is a cut down version of the games! I'm flipping a fucking table right now! I should have paid attention to the information released about the game over the last few months!

DLC in a months time will have 3 more levels and allow you to use the THPS3 revert ONLY in those 3 levels.
1200 points for 7 levels!

BRB gonna reading up on emulating THPS2X on PC before I off myself.

Let's Go Knife Some Dinosaurs!

sadly enough I'll probably still buy it.

On a serious note, real estate agents are incompetent in WA, specifically geraldton.

They seem to think mould covered shower tiles and green slime from the showerhead counts as clean. Not to mention food scraps on the floor and a filthy dishwasher. Condition report says its all clean and in vgc.

Lying scum.

Thinking of issuing a non compliance or breach of agreement. Needs to be cleaned something chronic.

Real estate are scum period. The ones that deal with rentals seem to be the worst.

jambo

This has nothing to do with failure rate. If you get an RRoD, your console is fucked and you get it fixed. If your PC starts randomly freezing, you've got a long road of troubleshooting and dealing with vendors ahead.

I suppose I'm just used to it, but in most situations it's pretty simple. It's almost always RAM or HDD related, or video card related for artifacting.

There are always going to be more intricate issues, but they're quite rare.

Any good online or walk-in store will have a good RMA system.

Real estate are scum period. The ones that deal with rentals seem to be the worst.

We had one particularly nasty one try to bill us $600 in 'dead plant fees' four months after we moved out (the plants were fine when we'd left). Ended up in court with her screaming " *look!* I have a diamond ring worth 25 grand! Why would I need to steal money from you!?" lolol.

Fredescu

Any good online or walk-in store will have a good RMA system.
I suppose you'd class PCCG as a good online store? Mega had constant freezing that ended up being the fault of the video card, but PCCG refused to accept that it was at fault even after having the system for themselves to test and he ended up buying a new video card from elsewhere. I think it took about six months for him to have a stable system.

Some people might overstate PC problems, but understating them as you're doing is the exact same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom