• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Finished work and just been beer shopping.

Today's haul is a carton of Little Creatures Pale Ale, and a cheap (and hopefully not nasty) carton of Oettinger Pils. I figure the Little Creatures is for enjoyment and the Oettinger is there as a filler for when my palette can't tell the difference :D

lcpale.jpg
images

Kritz

Banned
I'm near an ebgames and a target. ... Is it cheaper to buy halo 4 online?

I will report my beer gathering later. I'm thinking little creatures, more fat yak... Maybe some squire to be boring.

The Bottleshop I've been going to has a pretty lacklustre selection of premium / craft beers though...

senahorse

I think I have found a new project for home to go along with arcade cabinet.

May I present what my future homebrew setup aims to look like:

brewery.jpg

Kritz

Banned
$90 for halo now or $50 for halo in three weeks... :(

Why did i have to grow up a console gamer...

Edit: 70 from target. I am a weak man.

PlayAsia is generally 10-13 days ;)

Or you could wait 3 months and order it at under $40. Usually the 6 month mark is when it will hit $34ish. Halo Reach codes go for $10-12 now.

The joy of waiting!
Unless you play it for the MP, in which case you really should grab it from JB.

Kritz

Banned
PlayAsia is generally 10-13 days ;)

Or you could wait 3 months and order it at under $40. Usually the 6 month mark is when it will hit $34ish. Halo Reach codes go for $10-12 now.

The joy of waiting!
Unless you play it for the MP, in which case you really should grab it from JB.

Nah, I'm off the Xbox live train. Wouldn't play it mp even if it was on playstation. Console mp is balldoodles.

senahorse

As I remember it. Dyack's games sucked, he blamed Unreal Engine and Epic for not providing enough support and buggy code, he took them to court, lost miserably and now he is paying for it. Something like that anyway.

x3n that's a pretty sweet homebrew setup (I know that's not yours)! Do you brew?

Glad to see you're enjoying the booze, Rep. I'm such an enabler. Homebrew for me tonight. Making more tomorrow.

Seems like a good thing they're destroying Too Human, by all accounts it's pretty terrible.

Salazar

As I remember it. Dyack's games sucked, he blamed Unreal Engine and Epic for not providing enough support and buggy code, he took them to court, lost miserably and now he is paying for it. Something like that anyway.

And he mumbled garbage about his work having a Shakespearean aspect, in its strong and simultaneous appeal to higher and lower, immediate and longer term, cultural tastes.

senahorse

I may have gotten touchy with people I shouldn't have. I'd rather not be forgetting things like that again. But I'm sure everyone has similar stories to share :p

Yeah, um, I choose not to share :)

x3n that's a pretty sweet homebrew setup (I know that's not yours)! Do you brew?

I used to, just a basic setup (one of those coopers kits). And I made some damn fine brews of Stellar Artois, Pilsner Urquell and a couple of experiments. If I do it again (which I am very keen to) I want to go all out and do a kegging setup.

Kritz

Banned
I have the same Mass Effect bonus DVD case. What a fucking weird thing that is. I think it only has a theme and some gamer pics?

and like a shitty making of video.

Yeah, only one copy of ME1 there. I just got it because eb staff had more than they could give away.

My only console duplicate games are halo 3, borderlands... think that might be it.

Also, you can really tell by those games around about the time I stopped buying console games. Was pretty much early 08. There are a few stray ones like halo, resident evil for some fucking reason, and rockband. But my 360 collection is mostly 2006-2008 games.

How do you end up with two HARD COPIES of the same game? I find it hard to comprehend a hard copy and a digital copy, but THIS.

To be fair, one of those copies is the $200 edition and the other is the standard $100 one.

Gazunta

First day of Supanova Brisbane done! I am fucked already! Hahah. Love it. Will I see any AusGAFfers this weekend?

People seem to like Henry The Sexually Perverted Chocolate Bar. A lot. :?

Kritz yeah I think the points system for ranking allocations would be neat.

senahorse

First day of Supanova Brisbane done! I am fucked already! Hahah. Love it. Will I see any AusGAFfers this weekend?

Would love to except we are pretty busy this weekend (gf is studying and I have a few things that need doing). But hope to make next one and I promise I will buy some comics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom