• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn. I thought you might be able to get min-ITX boards with 2 PCI-E slots, Since that would let me install my sound card. Looks like they only come with 1, which would only be used for the GPU.

Shame. I really wanted to try and build a mini-itx pc with my next upgrade (won't be for a while). I still want to ditch the huge case for something smaller.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8560691

This made me angry. Except the part where they said "Pauline Hanson's now asking for a please explain", not sure if they forgot about the bit where that quote was about her being Xenophobic. Also they said "Asian" so much it doesn't sound like a word anymore. But seriously, fuck ACA.

Here's an awesome response from Crikey and the area's local paper

ACA had another section on it tonight where they seemed to be defending themselves at first then backtracking at the end.

There was a fair blue on twitter between the ACA dude and the journo from the Hills Shires Times too. It seems the ACA guy has deleted a bunch of tweets though. Probably wasn't getting the best reaction

Deeku

I vaguely remember my mum telling me about how aca or tt doing a thing about how asian shops shouldn't put up job ads in asian because it's unfair that non-asians can't read the ad and therefore don't get a chance at the job that most likely requires you to be asian and speak asian...discrimination!!!! lol

ACA will ring out office every once in a while trying to steal a story. Court cases, footy brawls, that kind of thing. Most of the time their calls go unanswered. Everyone knows what they'll do it blow it out of proportion and misrepresent the most sensationalist issues.

Also they can source their own damn stories, lazy bastards.

Clipper

Another update about SydGAF meetups. We have a new member for shanshan's...

jambo's dinner/drinks:
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. If you want to come later, PM me your mobile and I'll text you the exact locations as we decide.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay. We'll go from there out to The Rocks or something.
Attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

Another update about SydGAF meetups. We have a new member for shanshan's...

Choc

I'll believe that when I see it :p

I vaguely remember my mum telling me about how aca or tt doing a thing about how asian shops shouldn't put up job ads in asian because it's unfair that non-asians can't read the ad and therefore don't get a chance at the job that most likely requires you to be asian and speak asian...discrimination!!!! lol

lol, and yet no one complains when an Italian shop puts their notices up in Italian. Hmm. If you can speak the language properly I don't think it really matters what you look like.

Here's an awesome response from Crikey and the area's local paper

ACA had another section on it tonight where they seemed to be defending themselves at first then backtracking at the end.

There was a fair blue on twitter between the ACA dude and the journo from the Hills Shires Times too. It seems the ACA guy has deleted a bunch of tweets though. Probably wasn't getting the best reaction

I don't understand how they can just make something up solely for spreading hatred, and air it as factual journalism. Should there be guidelines in place to prevent this?

Jintor

I don't understand how they can just make something up solely for spreading hatred, and air it as factual journalism. Should there be guidelines in place to prevent this?

lol no, media is self-regulatory in australia. GOVERNMENT REGULATION IS AN AFFRONT TO DEMOCRACY. [...is what the big corporations say]

markot

Banned
lol no, media is self-regulatory in australia. GOVERNMENT REGULATION IS AN AFFRONT TO DEMOCRACY. [...is what the big corporations say]

'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different.

This feels to me like a slippery slope towards "Obama is a muslin foreigner" level journalism. I thought we were better than that. People shouldn't just be able to publish bullshit as fact for zero consequences.

Rezbit

LOL wow ACA are pathetic. Did they REALLY use Pauline Hansen as an expert? The fuck is wrong with them? Also lol@that old fuckwit, "I'm not racist, BUT!"

Dead Man

Bond
not getting clubbed in the testicles?

Vesper hooking the defib back up in an instant despite having no fucking clue what had gone on in the 5 minutes since Bond left the poker table. Or was there a scene where she was instructed on all the cool shit in his car? Don't remember it.

Dead Man

Vesper hooking the defib back up in an instant despite having no fucking clue what had gone on in the 5 minutes since Bond left the poker table. Or was there a scene where she was instructed on all the cool shit in his car? Don't remember it.

No, pretty sure you meant Bond getting his balls broken.

Add a US address to your Address Book and make it you primary. Use an address like Google HQ in California. After purchase make sure to change your primary address back to your own.

Sleeping Dogs stuff is 50% off this weekend at GamersGate
The North Point DLC that came out last week is only $2.50! The game itself is $25. Tons of little shitty DLC too, picked up a few of the costume DLC and the races one.

Add a US address to your Address Book and make it you primary. Use an address like Google HQ in California. After purchase make sure to change your primary address back to your own.

Best thing is they always ask for which address you want at checkout!

Shaneus

Damn, Prototype 2 was supposed to be okay, wasn't it? I remember for a time it was all Dan Harmon (of Community fame) played once he was officially cut from the show.

Edit: It's $7.50 for all of them? Fuck me. If they come with multiple codes, I might throw someone here the one for the original Prototype.

It's called yellow journalism and sadly has a pretty long history. Just inciting fear for the sake of it.
I'm of the opinion there should be accreditation through the union. Like a licence to be a journo or whatever. Isn't that what engineers etc have?
It wouldn't have to be government regulated, but if you breach the MEAA code of ethics you're out the door.

Clipper

OK, another major reminder seeing as the first meetup is tomorrow night...

jambo's dinner/drinks:
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. If you want to come later, PM me your mobile and I'll text you the exact locations as we decide.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

To get to the meeting place, catch a train to Central Station, look for signs leading you to the Eddy St exit, then cross the road at the lights and continue to walk North across Belmore Park and then West along Hay St. It's about two blocks that way. You could also catch the light rail from Central, but it's a short walk. You can also come by bus to Central or via George St. Here's a picture of the place we are meeting along with the route I just mentioned:
haymarket_image_3.jpg
route.png

And the other two events:

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay. We'll go from there out to The Rocks or something.
Attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

Prototype was a bad game.

INFAMOUS YEAAAAH

Both have different places in my collection. Infamous was about more about following the story of Cole and using some cool powers along the way. Prototype was about being a creature of mass destruction with the story only really fleshed out through consuming the lives of innocent people.

Infamous 2 was a huge step up in term of gameplay from the first game though, I think I prefer the story delivery in the first game though. Still haven't played Prototype 2.

Kritz

Banned
I played enough of Infamous 2 to know I didn't want to play any more Infamous 2.

The disconnect I had in prototype was that being a murdering asshole wasn't very fun. Sure, scaling buildings was cool and throwing cars at helicopters was neat, but... the stealth was bad and fighting enemies wasn't fun and none of the story missions were interesting. I just don't think that game was designed in a way that was enjoyable to play.

Crackdown 1 is still better than all of them put together.

Prototype had stealth?

I remember the mini game when you go inside enemy buildings but outside of that I was razing whole neighbourhoods at a time to kill one little demonic creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom