• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
Bad games are kind of awesome, though.

Currently waiting for friends to arrive. Have set up my living room with pens, paper, dice, soda, chips, electronic devices and character sheets. In addition, I finally get to try out Cards Against Humanity. :D

Also beer.

What the fuck Kotaku. You don't seem to have a unified idea of what your website is meant to cover.

Prototype pack now back up to $90. Yikes.

Oh yes.

People are a bit rough on Geoff, he doesn't mislead anyone with his pimping. Even he calls himself a presenter rather than a journalist these days.

Also that Prototype deal was only on for about 2 hours. If you like gaming deals Wario is always finger button pulsing stuff things.

Shaneus

Yeah, I appreciate the fun that's being poked at him (Dorito pope is AMAZING) but I think he's copping it pretty harshly considering that not a lot has actually been reported on his behaviour, other than that picture.

First sleepover my son is having is going swimmingly. They played nicely with the trucks/toys, scoffed down some Honey Mustard Gnocchi, had a giggly splash fight in the bath and now having a warm Milo watching The Incredibles before bed!

If my son doesn't grow up a happy kid I will fall to pieces. I always had issues with the family unit I was in growing up so I never felt comfortable having people around to our house once I hit Year 7, would hate for my son to feel that way too. Also the reason why I am OCD about cleaning the house, for better or worse (of my sanity and energy levels :/ )

Dead Man

took my new camera and lenses to the zoo.

this is my favourite shot

fT8R5.jpg

Missed this, excellent shot.

Jintor

First sleepover my son is having is going swimmingly. They played nicely with the trucks/toys, scoffed down some Honey Mustard Gnocchi, had a giggly splash fight in the bath and now having a warm Milo watching The Incredibles before bed!

If my son doesn't grow up a happy kid I will fall to pieces. I always had issues with the family unit I was in growing up so I never felt comfortable having people around to our house once I hit Year 7, would hate for my son to feel that way too. Also the reason why I am OCD about cleaning the house, for better or worse (of my sanity and energy levels :/ )

you make me feel warm and fuzzy by association or something

midonnay

haha, nice touch for google translate to speak with an australian accent :p

(although "g'day mate" came out as "gee single comma day mate")

Axiom

Since I no longer have a DS, I've had no opportunity to play 999. I do own a Vita however and am interested in Virtue's Last Reward.

Will this actually come out retail here, or on PSN? Considering a lot of the PSP games I'd love to play on my Vita such as Corpse Party aren't on the AU PSN, I'm wondering if an import is in order.

I'd also like to chime in with the fact I fucking love the Infamous games.

Clipper

One more reminder about tonight. This will probably be my last update. See you all there!

jambo's dinner/drinks:
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting near Harry's Cafe de Wheels Hotdog Stand outside World Square in Haymarket, then going to get some Chinese in Chinatown and going someplace for some drinks afterwards. If you want to come later, PM me your mobile and I'll text you the exact locations as we decide.
Attendees: Clipper, jambo, Rahk, Yug

To get to the meeting place, catch a train to Central Station, look for signs leading you to the Eddy St exit, then cross the road at the lights and continue to walk North across Belmore Park and then West along Hay St. It's about two blocks that way. You could also catch the light rail from Central, but it's a short walk. You can also come by bus to Central or via George St. Here's a picture of the place we are meeting along with the route I just mentioned:
haymarket_image_3.jpg
route.png

And the other two events:

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: TBD. Probably meeting near entrance to Ferry Wharf 6 at Circular Quay. We'll go from there out to The Rocks or something.
Attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310

r1chard

Skyfall was good. Amazing soundtrack.

Saw the trailer last night and was thoroughly uninspired. I just can't help shaking the feeling that Bond has lost its way as a franchise.

Saw End Of Watch last night. Can understand why it isn't popular with Aussie audiences but it was a solid film. See it if you can.

Yeah that coupon ended up a bit of a disappointment unless you want XCOM.

South Africa need to declare halfway through the next session, around 400, if they want a result. If they bat the day out it will end up a draw. Expecting them to go for the throat considering they have been looking the goods so far, come out after lunch swinging and see what they end up with after an hour before a declaration.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Saw seven psychopaths yesterday.

Really enjoyable movie, good pacing, good humour, good action, excellent cast, and wasn't afraid to poke fun at itself.

Easier to follow editing for the action scenes? I have some faith given the director, but QoS was such a shitfest.

First time it will feel similar to QoS. I had to watch QoS three times before I actually understood the plot.

The reason I said Skyfall was good, not great, is the same. I'll have to watch it again to make sense of certain scenes.

The last 30 minutes of the movie will decide for you if the movie was good or poor. I simply enjoyed the movie for the excellent music and non-cheesy screenplay.

Enjoying the atmosphere and overall setting of Walking Dead Episode 2 but the dialogue branches and decision making isn't as organic or real feeling as in the first episode.

I would break the food up into smaller portions for everyone TBH or set a rotation where over a week or whatever, everyone would end up with the same amount given

MrSerrels

Just saw the Good Game Roffle Cup, Serrels was a panelist! I answered a question (Myst) and got a badge ^_^

Dude -- your Tshirt was the highlight of my day. Seriously! I spotted it and just started pissing myself instantly! And I totally remember bowing down to dat myst knowledge.

Salazar

Somersby pear cider is alright.

Vietnamese takeaway also alright, with the comical exception of one sauce I regret opening up to smell. God damn.

man I hate studying in the afternoon. One neighbor will stop mowing his lawn then another will start. Then someone's dog will start barking. Probably doesn't help that my neighbors build cars as a weekend hobby. Nothing like the sound of cutting through metal to compliment my Korean.
Vietnamese takeaway also alright, with the comical exception of one sauce I regret opening up to smell. God damn.
lol. That's pretty much Vietnamese food in a nut shell. Delicious, except for whatever that thing is.

Damn I'm jealous. West end is full of delicious restaurants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom