• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk of fat yak broke my will and I got a case, hope you are all happy with yourselves.

On the whole what a shitty weekend, fat yak excluded.

Not the worst weekend ever... Didn't drink enough booze, but made beer (she's bubbling away, bit warmer than I'd like but no easy way to cool), did some gardening, watched Ted, watched Total Recall, played Darksiders, had fish tacos (twice!).

I'm still slightly annoyed that I paid for two tickets to go see Ted at the cinemas.
Didn't think much of it.
I was surprised though that Seth McFarlane DID make an effort, can't fault him on that.
So it wasn't on the low levels of "Adam Sandler-esque" at least.

Deeku

E8toX.gif

DAY AFTER TOMORROW

A sort of oily sweat, I believe.
Ew.

markot

Banned
Fingers crossed Thoms VOICE BREAKS AND HE CANT TALK AT ALLLLLLLLLLLL! In fact, he can talk, and he sounds like BOB DYLAN CIRCA RECENTLY SINCE HE BECAME UNINTELLIGIBLE!

Jintor

Not quite what I was going for, but I should be blocking off these thoughts until exams are done anyway.

Two assignments/take-homes down! They fucking suck, but they're down at least! I really don't like them at all :T Studying for Litigation now, and then Business Organisations, and then FREEDOMMMMMMMMM

I guess I didn't need to sleep tonight D:

Not quite what I was going for, but I should be blocking off these thoughts until exams are done anyway.

Two assignments/take-homes down! They fucking suck, but they're down at least! I really don't like them at all :T Studying for Litigation now, and then Business Organisations, and then FREEDOMMMMMMMMM

I can't wait!!!!!! I've just got Korean left now. Good luck with yours, they sound significantly less fun to study for :(

Ningo

If work starts giving me good hours again I'd like to do the same. I think I'm reaching the point where I'm ready. Kinda worry about how my mother will fair though.

Yea I am much the same. For as much as my parents like the thought of my bro and I moving out they tend to forget what I do for them. I guess I will be able to text them to remind them to take their tablets atleast lol.

How they will handle the 2 year old staghound/greyhound I don't know though lol my bro and I are the only ones who walk the crazy thing.

Rlan

So it seems that the iPhone 5 is still difficult to get in Australia.

I finally had all the stuff I wanted (case etc) so I could upgrade to a 5 with everything available, but I have to go through awful hoops to get one.

So instead of going to the Apple Store and walking in and getting one, I need to go to http://www.apple.com/au/iphone/ , put my name down with the type and size I want (I want to buy it outright, black, 64GB, as I can use my work for a salary sacrifice).

Putting down my name only gives me a CHANCE to get one today. If I don't get a call that day, I have to put my name down again until they say one is available for me!

Christ.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Would it be wrong/stupid to apply for a traineeship in something that I am already qualified?

Guess what movie I just watched (and enjoyed)

STOP FRAMING THE CAMERA ON A FUCKING ANGLE FOR EVERY SECOND SHOT YOU PRICKS

Would it be wrong/stupid to apply for a traineeship in something that I am already qualified?

Yes. Although my experience with traineeships is completely negative and downright poisonous.

Dead Man

I finally had all the stuff I wanted (case etc) so I could upgrade to a 5 with everything available, but I have to go through awful hoops to get one.

So instead of going to the Apple Store and walking in and getting one, I need to go to http://www.apple.com/au/iphone/ , put my name down with the type and size I want (I want to buy it outright, black, 64GB, as I can use my work for a salary sacrifice).

Putting down my name only gives me a CHANCE to get one today. If I don't get a call that day, I have to put my name down again until they say one is available for me!

Christ.

That is an unbelievably stupid system.

Kritz

Banned
My weekend consisted of a five hour Cards Against Humanity marathon, getting pissed off mine and friend's alcohol, an eight hour Dark Heresy (Dungeons and Dragons in space) campaign, sleeping for four hours, going to a 21st birthday party, getting pissed again, and finally playing some Mount and Blade with friends / Xcom.

... for me, that's pretty eventful.

I am so tired. :(

Shaneus

Not the worst weekend ever... Didn't drink enough booze, but made beer (she's bubbling away, bit warmer than I'd like but no easy way to cool), did some gardening, watched Ted, watched Total Recall, played Darksiders, had fish tacos (twice!).
7nfpD.gif

Ted, is it really as shit as everyone says and a waste of time?
Guess what movie I just watched (and enjoyed)

STOP FRAMING THE CAMERA ON A FUCKING ANGLE FOR EVERY SECOND SHOT YOU PRICKS
No idea :(

PS. Have you seen Argo yet?

Ted, is it really as shit as everyone says and a waste of time?
It follows the same movie tropes of every Adam Sandler manchld-needs-to-grow-up film and adds nothing to the genre to stand out on its own. It has a talking teddybear, so I assume McFarlane thought he'd be able to get away with a rote screenplay and plot that tried nothing new and couldn't stay consistent with its own fiction. Manchild that's acting so childishly that everyone should have a problem with him but seemingly no one does? Check. Girlfriend that's cool but has a shockingly sudden personality change that leads to an unrealistic ultimatum of someone changing 35years of behaviour overnight with zero tolerance for non-compliance? Check. Random obscure star obsession for no reason? Check. Weird B Plot added half way through film that leads to films ultimate happy conclusion? Check.

Blah. Needed to be shorter and needed a plot doctor to iron our the fiction of the world.

PS. Have you seen Argo yet?
No, but I enjoyed him when he was doing Cartoon Connection.

Shaneus

You should watch that Channel 7 Christmas video from '92 or something that has all the outtakes from the show. He's a filthy little bugger.

Guys, I think I've thought of another idea for a "costume" next year at PAXAus. Again, it might not be recognised by a lot of people, but probably more than Doritos Pope:
4Wi4S.jpg

Ted? Eh. Not offensive but pretty sad overall.

IT WAS THOR. THE MOVIE WAS THOR.

I think we will get Argo down here sometime in March :/
WTF? March?

Are you talking an internets copy or an actual theatre release?

Shaneus

You should've backed the Idle Thumbs Kickstarter. No-one who's seen full Puffins mode of Thirty Flights of Loving would say that :p

Clipper

So, I guess I should do a write-up about last night's SydGAF. Attendees were jambo, Rahk and myself, with Danoss showing up to say hi, but he couldn't stay for the other festivities. I probably should have contacted Yug earlier to confirm his attendance, but I guess he had other things to do and had forgotten about us.

Still, we had a lovely Chinese meal in Chinatown, then discovered a quaint Irish bar to get a few drinks, which had rather weird choice in music. Even though the group was small, that just gave us more time to chat about anything and everything, which was a lot of fun. A good night overall.

So that's one SydGAF down, two to go. Bring it on!

markot

Banned

Christ.
Nexus 4!

While I didn't see Radiohead on Friday (despite a mate's ticket coming up for sale) I did see Refused last night. They were incredible. The singer was channeling some serious Jagger up there.

Stackboy

Had a mad aze weekend finishing the Halo 4 campaign, plenty of MP, a housewarming, heading to a party with a girl I'm into and then more Halo (and I think is into me).

Awww yeah.

Shaneus

When's that out?

And... important question... does the frontend/dashboard/whatever run at 60fps? That was my biggest bugbear with Android phones, in that they always felt sluggish compared to iOS.

Edit: Probably.
Google announced Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) at the Google I/O conference on 27 June 2012. Based on Linux kernel 3.0.31, Jelly Bean was an incremental update with the primary aim of improving the functionality and performance of the user interface. The performance improvement involved "Project Butter", which uses touch anticipation, triple buffering, extended vsync timing and a fixed frame rate of 60 fps to create a fluid and "buttery-smooth" UI.[70] Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was released to the Android Open Source Project on 9 July 2012,[71] and the Nexus 7 tablet, the first device to run Jelly Bean, was released on 13 July 2012.

teekun

Christ.

I've seen too many people doing this for day after day with no results. I just ordered one online and waited the 3-4 weeks for it to ship. It's a 3 week wait, but at least it's not a lottery. It actually ended up shipping just over 2 weeks after I placed the order, so it wasn't too bad.

Speaking of which, Telstra's LTE network is insanely fast. Connecting to my home network is a huge drop in speed.

Shaneus

More I think about it, I'm tempted by the LG-branded equivalent... the Optima or something? It's basically identical, but with LTE. If it's not much more expensive, that might be the one to go for (and it's 32gb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom