• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
yeah its so unfair that they actually get the rules right for once

fuck sake people

this does make you wonder just how many wickets aus got in the past on a NB

Fredescu

P.S. No, 'it's not fair that umpires can check' is not a reasonable argument.
It's not fair that only wicket taking balls get checked. How many no balls had the bowler been bowling up until that point that weren't checked or were close enough for the umpire not to see but could be picked up by the camera? If those no balls aren't getting picked up, the bowler doesn't have the chance to adjust. Test cricket doesn't need more things getting in the way of taking wickets.

Rep, don't know if this has affected you but I have had issues with saves from episode to episode where the choices are different to the ones I have made, I have replayed a bunch of it already :/
Well sounds like I will hold off until they can be bothered patching a fix in for it. Hopefully after the retail release they will have time.

Dear bowlers,

Stop bowling no-balls. There is literally no excuse.

Kind Regards,
Australian cricket fans.

P.S. No, 'it's not fair that umpires can check' is not a reasonable argument.

They should be aiming to have their foot land with the crease in the middle of their foot, 6 inches isn't giving them shit.

If I recall correctly, he reached retirement age and they used that as the reason.

He retired. Sure, he could keep on going but he really should retire. It's for the best.

For him.

If I recall correctly, he reached retirement age and they used that as the reason.

He retired. Sure, he could keep on going but he really should retire. It's for the best.

For him.

Triple J should get him on at least 3 nights a week. He could inject some much needed humour into the Hack program.

markot

Banned
My optus reception wasnt very good when I was with them.

Nah, sunday night safran is awesome, dont spread him to the lesser crap on radio!

Stackboy

You guys, I need girl advice.

Been hanging out a bunch with this girl who broke up with her partner of 2 years, 2 months ago. She says she needs time to herself but always wants to hang out with me. This weekend we are going to see some bands on Friday and then she's coming to Harvest festival with me on Sunday. Pretty certain I'm going to ask her what I can do to support her wanting time to herself at the moment, but let her know I really enjoy spending time with her.

Right move, or blurst move?

legend166

It's not fair that only wicket taking balls get checked. How many no balls had the bowler been bowling up until that point that weren't checked or were close enough for the umpire not to see but could be picked up by the camera? If those no balls aren't getting picked up, the bowler doesn't have the chance to adjust. Test cricket doesn't need more things getting in the way of taking wickets.

This is like the 'well everyone was speeding, it's unfair I got caught' argument.

Except this time, it's 'well, everyone was speeding, just because I hit a kid doesn't mean I should get charged for speeding!'

Wicket balls are immensely more important than any other ball. Picking out no-balls is hard. It was hard when I had to umpire park cricket. I can't imagine how much harder it would be in a Test match.

What this whole thing tells me is that umpires only call no balls when they are 100%.

The bowlers should have adjusted last summer when umpires were allowed to check for no balls on wickets. Pattinson should have adjusted after the first two innings of this test match saw several wickets no count because of no-balls.

There's absolutely no excuse for it.

markot

Banned

Been hanging out a bunch with this girl who broke up with her partner of 2 years, 2 months ago. She says she needs time to herself but always wants to hang out with me. This weekend we are going to see some bands on Friday and then she's coming to Harvest festival with me on Sunday. Pretty certain I'm going to ask her what I can do to support her wanting time to herself at the moment, but let her know I really enjoy spending time with her.

Propose marriage!

legend166

Take a step back. Two months out of a two year relationship isn't long at all.

I've only been going out with my girlfriend for four months, but if we broke up now I probably wouldn't see someone within two months. After two years would be a bit nuts.

No harm in giving it a few more months. If it's real, that time won't change anything.

Choc

Banned

avoid this

images

legend166

On a completely unrelated note, we're moving house in just over two weeks (our current landlord is selling).

Moving house is expensive.

$130 to move internet and $150 to move Foxtel.

:(

Choc

Banned
On a completely unrelated note, we're moving house in just over two weeks (our current landlord is selling).

Moving house is expensive.

$130 to move internet and $150 to move Foxtel.

:(

lol man you should tell foxtel to get fucked. They are bleeding and struggling for subscribers (as is shown by their current deal)

if you have been a long term user i guarnatee you can get out of that. I never fucking paid to move foxtel

Fredescu

This is like the 'well everyone was speeding, it's unfair I got caught' argument.

Except this time, it's 'well, everyone was speeding, just because I hit a kid doesn't mean I should get charged for speeding!'
Nah, it's more like, I'm driving a car with no speedometer and I rely on a man in a big hat sitting in the back to tell me if I'm going too fast. Except if I hit another car, and the man in the hat didn't know I was going slightly too fast, they will install a speedometer for just that one time. Then fine me massively for speeding, even though the only way for me to generally know I was speeding failed on me, and I might have been speeding for a while, and if the guy in the hat told me I was speeding when I was, or if I had a working speedometer, I might never have hit the other car. But they won't let me have the speedometer and they will only use it to punish me, not to allow me to adjust my speed.

Or to put it another way, car analogies are stupid.

The bowlers should have adjusted last summer when umpires were allowed to check for no balls on wickets. Pattinson should have adjusted after the first two innings of this test match saw several wickets no count because of no-balls.
I mean, adjusting to the fact that you're bowling no balls. Maybe your stride was out or you mismeasured your run up or whatever. It happens, and normally the penalty is one run and an extra ball, big deal. Except maybe a bowler has been bowling 2mm no balls his whole spell but no one knew until he took a wicket. How is it fair to have two standards of measurement? They should use the camera to check for all noballs or none at all. Test cricket is best when bowlers are taking wickets. They shouldn't make it artificially harder.

Yeah, don't want to be the rebound. Happy to just spend time with her for a while.

She initiates most of the time we hang out.
I've been in the same position a couple of times. I either left it too long to make my move or I was chosen to hang out with because I'm good-male-company-that-is-in-no-way-sexually-threatening-therefore-is-a-good-dip-the-toe-back-into-the-dating-water-without-the-danger-of-something-happening option. The first time she has a discussion about thinking she ready to date again (and your hearts starts to lift) only for her to finish the sentence with a phrase similar to "because there's this cute guy that's asked me out and I said 'yes'" is fucking awful.

In short, don't do like Jason did. Don't back off so far that you are only acting like nothing but a friend. In fact, try not to use that word at all. Tell her that you like hanging out with her and that you want to give her room until she is ready to start dating again. Until then, you are enjoying your time together.

Rezbit

I've been in the same position a couple of times. I either left it too long to make my move or I was chosen to hang out with because I'm good-male-company-that-is-in-no-way-sexually-threatening-therefore-is-a-good-dip-the-toe-back-into-the-dating-water-without-the-danger-of-something-happening option. The first time she has a discussion about thinking she ready to date again (and your hearts starts to lift) only for her to finish the sentence with a phrase similar to "because there's this cute guy that's asked me out and I said 'yes'" is fucking awful.

In short, don't do like Jason did. Don't back off so far that you are only acting like nothing but a friend. In fact, try not to use that word at all. Tell her that you like hanging out with her and that you want to give her room until she is ready to start dating again. Until then, you are enjoying your time together.

I'm guessing it's best to say you're interested romantically sooner rather than later? Due to aforementioned reasons.

Aon

Having just lost a long term relationship is the worst. These guys advice of not being made a eunuch while still being there for her throughout sounds like the toughest godamn balancing act. Still, if you're good together there's not really so much to worry about :D

I'm guessing it's best to say you're interested romantically sooner rather than later? Due to aforementioned reasons.
Yeah, in those cases it's best to say what your ultimate intentions are when spending time together. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there is a difference between hanging out like friends until she's ready to date again and being upfront about your intentions whilst giving her the space she needs.

The problem with the former is that you may be thinking that you're hanging out with someone that will ultimately want to pursue a relationship when that isn't the case, because all you've ever communicated is "I like hanging out with you."

In the latter case, you communicate clearly that "I'm interested in pursuing a relationship with you, but will also acknowledge the time that you need in order to start dating again."

If you do so, you can hopefully avoid a situation where both parties regard the relationship as something entirely different.

Jintor

Oh yeah defs get that stuff out of the air as soon as possible, or you will be ultimately responsible for stabbing yourself in the heart. I'm still bleeding, yo. (AND DEAD INSIDE)

One exam down, my mind has never felt so clear! Pity I still have one (far harder) exam left...

Honestly this sounds like its not going to end how you want/well. Have you made it to first base atleast?

I can't really give much advice but two months isn't long. It took me like 6 months to get over my ex of like 18 months. In fact it really took her seeing someone else.

Good luck though man.

Good luck stack but that isn't a long time
Mate. Don't you dare use friend zone as an excuse of it goes to shit down the track and you don't get what you want though. That shit's stupid Internet crap.

I tend to stick with S&B Golden Curry as the roux but I've seen Vermont Curry at the local Asian grocerer so maybe will give it a go. We try to mimic CoCo or Go! Go! Curry, with more vegies and less sauce...

Dunno if I can agree with a nachos recipe that suggests sriracha instead of a central/south American hot sauce... leftover Texas chili (with beans, I'm a heretic) makes for some most epic nachos, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom