• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically just a bland version of the Western version of a generic Indian curry. But it's oh-so-good. One of those comfort meals.

I always make pork/chicken katsu to go on top. I still haven't managed to locate those red pickled things they are served with.

Anyway, I want to post more pictures so that everyone can see how great it is.

13874156_f7ab131e3b.jpg

Yeah we eat it with chicken katsu and rice usually. I prefer tonkatsu but if the wife's eating too I'll just go with chicken. Tonight I added corn and mushroom to the sauce and had a side salad (and less rice, meat) to try and introduce some semblance of a healthy meal. Seems like carrot or capsicum would be good additions.

Haven't seen the red pickle but haven't looked for it either. If I knew what to look for locally I might give it a go...

Edit: Well that was easy:
http://www.ichibajunction.com.au/en/products/998006322.html

Edit 2: That place's head office is like 10 minutes from where live...

Good luck stack but that isn't a long time
Mate. Don't you dare use friend zone as an excuse of it goes to shit down the track and you don't get what you want though. That shit's stupid Internet crap.

Fappen laying down some truth. Make intentions known. Don't get stuck on her as the only potential partner. Move on if she isn't into you. Can still be friends, but only if you aren't pining for her.

Kirby102

I've never had Japanese curry :|
Holy moly hahaha. There are some good places in Sydney that I think do good Japanese curry, but it's not like fancy, but cheap. (everyone likes cheap)

There's one on George St where Mappen (noodle bar) / Oiden (rice bowl bar) is. http://www.oiden.com.au/

And I usually get the one in Poporo where Market City is, that's alright too. Poporo is good imo since they do half dishes, so if you want to try out other dishes, you can go half on curry and half on doria (omg doria is the shit).

... dammit now I want Japanese curry.

Ningo

Day 2 of doing the most boring shit ever.

More tomorrow......

Just as well I have the new soundgarden album to keep me sane

Clipper

WHAT.

That's it, lets go for Japanese on the 23rd. We must rectify this.

That would require a change in meeting location, but it is certainly an option. Shall I change it up?

Edit: Actually, I'm finding references to several good and not so expensive Japanese places in The Rocks. Seems like this is workable without a change.

Hmm, perhaps relocating is still the better option. The ones in the rocks don't really seem to be the curry style. They do hake Tonkatsu of course, though:
nakashima-a-la-carte.thumbnail.jpg

I always make pork/chicken katsu to go on top. I still haven't managed to locate those red pickled things they are served with.

Anyway, I want to post more pictures so that everyone can see how great it is.

You're from Brisbane, right?

There's an asian grocery store at Sunnybank that has packets of pickled radish (which is what the red stuff is) which can be stored in the cupboard. Also, the cold section in most standard asian supermarkets have it but I haven't seen any in stock for months (they all seem to use the same supplier).

Japanese curry is not complete without it. Just had it for dinner last night!

Deeku

JONNY EFFIN GREENWOOD WORKIN DAT RADIO ON THE NATIONAL ANTHEM FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Radiohead was amazing!!!!

"Goodnight! We fucked up, it happens" /shrug - Thom Yorke LOL!

That would require a change in meeting location, but it is certainly an option. Shall I change it up?

Edit: Actually, I'm finding references to several good and not so expensive Japanese places in The Rocks. Seems like this is workable without a change.

Hmm, perhaps relocating is still the better option. The ones in the rocks don't really seem to be the curry style. They do hake Tonkatsu of course, though:
nakashima-a-la-carte.thumbnail.jpg

This place seemed alright. There seems to be a few Japanese places around the area.

Deeku

Just go to ichiban boshi, it's like in the galleries next to kinokuniiya. It's mostly ramen, but they have normal curry and cheese curry! Finish curry/ramen, go look at manga!

Deeku

All my laksa eating was done during high school lunches at Noodle Plus on Park st in cbd, which doesn't exist anymore I don't think. Also laksa'd alot during uni. MQ laksas are ok, but UNSW ones are better!

Just go to ichiban boshi, it's like in the galleries next to kinokuniiya. It's mostly ramen, but they have normal curry and cheese curry! Finish curry/ramen, go look at manga!
They DO have matcha latte and umeshu, which is always nice.
I generally have Malay/Singaporean curries. Laksa, baby.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

I have roped one of my friends into making a feast with Singaporean curry with roti prata for when exams are over. If that's not an incentive to study I don't know what is.

Clipper

This place seemed alright. There seems to be a few Japanese places around the area.
Yeah, that seems good. I made the mistake of ignoring Circular Quay in my earlier search. Good find!

The problem is finding good places to go for drinks after the food for the rest of the night. The Rocks has several nice bars we can check out afterwards, but I'm really unfamiliar with the places in the middle of the City. I'm sure there must be some good stuff out there, and we could just go wandering to find something like we did with jambo, I guess. Any suggestions?

I love Japanese curry, but have laid off it for a while now as it's heavy and those roux blocks have palm oil in them. :/ It's always good to add a bit of curry powder and extra cumin to the dish too. Indian curry for life still!

S&B over Vermont though, but in a mix they're pretty nice together. Place near my joint makes a killer chicken katsu.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Fucking hell.

2nd day back at work and I can't find my wallet :(

Had to scrounge together coins to catch the bus and I'm now running late as I tore my apartment about looking for wallet

Stackboy

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been around long enough to be able to own up when things don't work out. No internet crying is going to go on.

I'll likely make my intentions know soon, but let her know I want to give her time and space.

Jintor

So the only album Soul'd Out have available on Spotify is some shitty old-timey Western music crap they did in 2004. BLARGH. The holes in Spotify coverage are horrifying.

Rahk

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/playstation-vitas-playstation-plus-lineup

PlayStation Vita&#8217;s PlayStation Plus (US) 11/20 Lineup
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
WipEout 2048
Gravity Rush
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Jet Set Radio
And the PSP title Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Awesome! That subscription finally going to be worth it. Also 1GB Vita cloud storage, so hopefully don't have to copy across whole games to PC to backup saves anymore.

EU (and probably AU) slightly different.

Omikron

Played Agricola last night, definitely NOT newbie friendly in any way at all. Even on the 'family' mode. )

I can see why it is popular though, the array of choices you can make at any one time is immense.

#boardgames

Jintor

Oh lol, this album on Spotify is actually from a completely different Christian band called Soul'd Out. I should probably tell someone about this.

jambo

S3crD-9GtkvT2dCxnYxV1ex32GX-Vwr7fhADq2jA3Tm_J1HocUX72nnKk7ISfCVv-4Y

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Nexus-10-pixels.jpg[IMG]

v apples

[IMG]http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ipad-4-pixels.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Google's newer tech is better? This is shocking?

[quote="Johnny Dazzle, post: 44288667"]THEY DIDN'T PLAY THE NATIONAL ANTHEM LAST NIGHT.

I would have traded The Gloaming for that any day. Still, the concert was amazing.[/QUOTE]

Nov 12th

01. Bloom
02. Lucky
03. Morning Mr. Magpie
04. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
05. Myxomatosis
06. The Gloaming
07. Separator
08. Staircase
09. Videotape
10. Nude
11. Full Stop
12. Lotus Flower
13. There There
14. Planet Telex
15. Feral
16. Bodysnatchers

Encore:
17. Give Up the Ghost
18. Pyramid Song
19. These Are My Twisted Words
20. Reckoner
21. Paranoid Android

Encore 2:
22. 15 Step
23. Everything in Its Right Place

Encore 3:
24. Idioteque

Nov 13th

01. Lotus Flower
02. Airbag
03. Bloom
04. The Daily Mail (Dedicated to Rupert Murdoch)
05. Myxomatosis
06. Bodysnatchers
07. The Gloaming
08. Separator
09. How to Disappear Completely
10. Nude
11. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
12. Reckoner
13. There There
14. The National Anthem
15. Feral
16. Paranoid Android

Encore:
17. Give Up the Ghost
18. Kid A
19. Identikit
20. I Might Be Wrong
21. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Encore 2:
22. 15 Step
23. Everything in Its Right Place (True Love Waits intro)

Encore 3:
24. Idioteque

We got Pyramid Song so we win.

jambo

THREE encores?

That isn't self indulgent. Nor planned.

The last one between Everything and Idioteque was pretty much them leaving the stage while the song trailed off and then after about 30 seconds Idioteque kicked in.

And bands have been planning encores since the 70s haha

Omikron

The last one between Everything and Idioteque was pretty much them leaving the stage while the song trailed off and then after about 30 seconds Idioteque kicked in.

And bands have been planning encores since the 70s haha

Why bother. Just play a longer set and get on with it. (imo)

Clipper

Omikron

Probably so they can have a drink and something to eat quickly.

They were up there for about 2.5 hours...

Yah. Happy for them to just split it into segments rather than pretend to have an 'encore'. Quite a few bands I have seen recently have done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom