• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Yah. Happy for them to just split it into segments rather than pretend to have an 'encore'. Quite a few bands I have seen recently have done this.

I suppose you could do the classic two sets with a possible 1-2 song encore.

I honestly don't care, as long as they are awesome, which Radiohead were.

I love Japanese curry, but have laid off it for a while now as it's heavy and those roux blocks have palm oil in them. :/ It's always good to add a bit of curry powder and extra cumin to the dish too. Indian curry for life still!

S&B over Vermont though, but in a mix they're pretty nice together. Place near my joint makes a killer chicken katsu.

Word. Also Thai on occasion. Mostly Indian though.

Clipper

So are there any good deals on the Vita hardware right now?

Edit: Hmm, JB has the console with AC3:L (download, unfortunately so would involve account switching for me, but that's not to big a hurdle) and Virtua Tennis 4 with a memory card for $348. Perhaps I'll have to head out on Saturday...

Clipper

JB had the LBP bundle + Fifa for 300 last month but it seems to be over now, might be some deals nearer to Xmas maybe
Not sure I can wait that long. I don't think I can get Uncharted logged on my PS Plus without having the Vita hardware, so I need to buy the console while that's still available.

Edit: Oh, EB has the 3G console with a 4GB memory card and LBP physical copy for $349. That seems tempting too, even though I don't plan to use 3G.

Edit 2: And Dick Smith has the WiFi model, memory card and LBP physical copy for $329...

Edit 3: And Harvey Norman of all places has the Wifi+LBP+4GB bundle for $297!

Shaneus

I think the only time I'll even consider getting a Vita is when they hit sub-$200 here.

Anyone know the ETA on the Nexus 4 being back in stock for Australia? Also tempted by the 920 if it's only $700, but I haven't seen a source yet.

Rahk

Not sure I can wait that long. I don't think I can get Uncharted logged on my PS Plus without having the Vita hardware, so I need to buy the console while that's still available.

Edit: Oh, EB has the 3G console with a 4GB SD and LBP physical copy for $349. That seems tempting too, even though I don't plan to use 3G.
Apparently you can.
If you dont have a ps vita can you add content to the download list and download it later on?
Yes you can. Download away with your Plus membership, and when you get your PS Vita they’ll be sitting there waiting for you to transfer over.

Awesome! That subscription finally going to be worth it. Also 1GB Vita cloud storage, so hopefully don't have to copy across whole games to PC to backup saves anymore.

Honestly, I'd have signed up just for the cloud storage, but it all sounds great.

Finally going to try Gravity Rush and Mutant Blobs too.

Deeku

Ugghhhhhh, couldn't sleep last night after concert, should have taken today off as well!

The problem is finding good places to go for drinks after the food for the rest of the night. The Rocks has several nice bars we can check out afterwards, but I'm really unfamiliar with the places in the middle of the City. I'm sure there must be some good stuff out there, and we could just go wandering to find something like we did with jambo, I guess. Any suggestions?
Ah ok yeah, Rocks would be a better choice for your drinks/bars afterwards, more variety and "hip" I guess. No suggestions unfortunately, not much a bar person myself.

Man, Japanese-English rap fusion is fucking rad as shit.
Not japanese-english or rap or fusion, but you should checkout Sakanaction.

We got Pyramid Song so we win.
Too close to call, both setlists were phenomenal. I would have liked to hear twisted words live though.

markot

Banned
Handing down her findings at Glebe Coroners Court this morning, Coroner Mary Jerram said some officers showed an ungoverned pack mentality and acted "recklessly and dangerously".

She said some of the police "threw themselves" into the confrontation "like schoolboys in Lord of the Flies" and recommended their actions be referred to the Police Integrity Commission.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-14/coroner-hands-down-findings-in-curti-inquest/4370892

I hate when cops cover each others asses like they are in the mafia >_<

jambo

I got roped into going to Coldplay in a few days...

I saw them back on their X&Y tour, they were pretty great. Played a short acoustic section that included covers of other musicians.

While I love Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head only has a few songs that really click with me, and it all goes downhill after that. I've only listened to their new album once when my dad got it for Christmas and we put it on.

They can be had second hand for that kind of money. I'm tempted but it will just end up being another system I won't get enough use out of.

Never thought I'd use mine as much, but it's almost taking preference to my console gaming now. I think the fact it's so tied in to PSN has swung me over a lot.

senahorse

Vita is a great piece of technology but the slow dribs and drabs of software coming through means it now spends most of its time with a layer of dust over it.

Shaneus

Vita is a great piece of technology but the slow dribs and drabs of software coming through means it now spends most of its time with a layer of dust over it.
Send it down my way, I'll wear it out playing Lumines and then send it back.

I'll take good care of it, I swear.

Don't get this, unless you're a gamer who plays like 6 hours a day to cut through what's already on offer and you play no MP/online/racers and consider games to have no replay value.

senahorse

Don't get this, unless you're a gamer who plays like 6 hours a day to cut through what's already on offer and you play no MP/online/racers and consider games to have no replay value.

So basically you agree that there isn't many single player experiences on Vita to be had?

As that's my preference, I find there aren't many games on the platform past launch, if there are please enlighten me. Whereas on a platform like the 360/PS3/PC there are just too many games to play in that I have to pass on a lot or just create a huge backlog (I do both).

edit: probably not fair to compare to a robust platform, but I stand by my point, good games on vita are few and far between post launch

So basically you agree that there isn't many single player experiences on Vita to be had?

As that's my preference, I find there aren't many games on the platform past launch, if there are please enlighten me. Whereas on a platform like the 360/PS3/PC there are just too many games to play in that I have to pass on a lot or just create a huge backlog (I do both).

edit: probably not fair to compare to a robust platform, but I stand by my point, good games on vita are few and far between post launch

No?

I'm largely SP at the moment. Right now I'm switching between Everybody's Golf, Rayman, F1 2011, Super Stardust Delta, Zen Pinball 2, Assassins Creed: Liberation, WipEout 2048, Ridge Racer and Lumines - with Unit 13 absolutely monopolising my time since I got it last week (though in fairness, the ~10 hours I've played has included about an hour or two of co-op with a mate, so not exclusively SP).

Not to mention I have Uncharted: Golden Abyss sitting there untouched (uncharted if you will *cough*).

As I say, if you've gamed the crap out of the system and run through all of the games on offer, loan it to Shaneus so he can enjoy Lumines.

Personally, I have no idea how I'll get through what I've already got sitting here. And I've still got Need for Speed: Most Wanted, WRC FIA World Rally Championship 3, Silent Hill Book Of Memories, Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on my list of wants.

EDIT: Geez, I forgot LBP, which I'm also enjoying SP.

senahorse

I certainly haven't gamed the crap out of the system. Working a full-time job and playing games primarily on the PC doesn't afford me such luxuries. I simply played through the games as an aside where I had free time. Sure for the first few weeks I got the system I may have put 20 hours a week into it, but since then it's just here and there. I don't think there is any argument that there just aren't a great deal of quality unique experiences to be had on the system. By that I mean games that you cannot play elsewhere. At launch there certainly was, since, well not a great deal.

Jintor

I have played 2 games on my Vita so far: Lumines and VLR. It was worth it for VLR, but I suspect there will be a lot of dust-gathering soon, unless Tokyo Jungle gets some crossplay shit.

I have to admit though it's not like the 3DS is getting much more use. Maybe I'll finally shove The World Ends With You into it and get on with it.

senahorse

I am still waiting for VLR to come to the Aus PSN, I will surely pick that up. Also, I can say the same about the 3DS, it's also a dust trap.

Fredescu

Right now I'm playing <console port> <console port> <console spinoff> <console port> <yearly franchise> <console port>.

To be fair, PC gaming is a bit like that too.

Deeku

I've been playing mostly 3ds recently, but it's all import jp games lol

Jint aren't you getting P4? That's a solid 100 hours of vita!

I've been neglecting my vita, just isn't anything to play on it from any region. But yes, VLR when I'm done with my current 3ds binge.

I have played 2 games on my Vita so far: Lumines and VLR. It was worth it for VLR, but I suspect there will be a lot of dust-gathering soon, unless Tokyo Jungle gets some crossplay shit.

I have to admit though it's not like the 3DS is getting much more use. Maybe I'll finally shove The World Ends With You into it and get on with it.

Kinda the same here actually - I've been slowly using my Vita quite a bit more than my 3DS, which has become my streetpass machine/occassional Pokemon and/or VC playing device. Though you can thank VLR for that, but also ACL and LBP. Then once P4G hits...

And Jint, go play World Ends With You, it's bloody great.

senahorse

Right now I'm playing <console port> <console port> <console spinoff> <console port> <yearly franchise> <console port>.

To be fair, PC gaming is a bit like that too.

While true to an extent, the indie scene offers a lot where the big pubs don't, I expect more support for unique experiences on a closed platform like the Vita. Maybe it's just a case of unrealistic expectations.

Kritz

Banned
I am amazed I like XCom. I usually dislike tactical games. But on Normal the game is just challenging enough to be suspenseful while not actually requiring me to restart or fail too many things.

Vita poops dick willies.

markot

Banned
I am amazed I like XCom. I usually dislike tactical games. But on Normal the game is just challenging enough to be suspenseful while not actually requiring me to restart or fail too many things.

Vita poops dick willies.

Yeah, they casualised xcom so much its even good enough for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom