• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I saw them back on their X&Y tour, they were pretty great. Played a short acoustic section that included covers of other musicians.

While I love Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head only has a few songs that really click with me, and it all goes downhill after that. I've only listened to their new album once when my dad got it for Christmas and we put it on.
Mostly agree. First two albums are definitely my favourite. I actually thought viva la vida was alright, even went to the viva concert when they were here a couple years ago. But the newest one...listened once and hated it instantly. I think I remember choc saying he loves it lol.

Jintor

I've been playing mostly 3ds recently, but it's all import jp games lol

Jint aren't you getting P4? That's a solid 100 hours of vita!

I've been neglecting my vita, just isn't anything to play on it from any region. But yes, VLR when I'm done with my current 3ds binge.

So glad Vita is region free

Lumines and Hotshots Golf are the two best games on Vita imo, lot of replayability there too. Probably helps that i did dowloaded versions for both so there always available

Lumines and Hotshots Golf are the two best games on Vita imo, lot of replayability there too. Probably helps that i did dowloaded versions for both so there always available

Hotshots Golf is breaking my balls at the moment. One mistake and it's all over; that pucker moment of sheer terror when you're watching your ball trend towards the OB. Love it though.

Shaneus

You're not kidding. Terrible.
It sounds like it was done with dictation software. Meanwhile, this comment by an employee doesn't fare much better:
Hi Jesse, Sorry to hear about that crappy experience. I’ve arranged for someone to email you and get some details so we can look after you. Brendan
Note: The person they're replying to didn't at all use the word "crappy", so the Telstra guy isn't even quoting what they said. Really fucking bad. And besides, who uses the word "crappy" these days anyway?

jambo

Haha wow, there's already a bootleg recording of the Radiohead show from the 13th. It's an IEM though so the sound quality will probably not be that great. Downloading when I get home.

Dead Man

What the fuck is going on in QLD? I know not everyone up there are clowns (AusGAF <3), but this is getting ridiculous.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-14/bruce-flegg-resigns-as-housing-minister/4371790

Queensland Housing Minister Bruce Flegg has resigned days after a former staffer raised questions about the accuracy of his lobbyist register.

Dr Flegg was accused of not properly documenting interactions with this son, who works for lobbying firm Rowland.

The sacked staffer also alleged Dr Flegg's diary was altered to show he was working in his electorate when he was practising medicine.

Dr Flegg has denied any wrongdoing but became emotional as he announced his resignation in Parliament this afternoon.

Premier Campbell Newman thanked him for his service as housing minister and said he was proud of Dr Flegg for having the courage to resign.

Dr Flegg is the second minister to go from the Newman Cabinet.

David Gibson quit as police minister in April - no more than two weeks after being sworn in - after revealing he allegedly drove a car while his licence was suspended.

Two cabinet ministers resigning already?

They do, it just feels a lot worse with this, as in, Sony doesn't seem like they want to support it. But I guess you buy a piece of hardware for the potential to some degree, which it has a lot of.

I dont really understand this statement that sony doesn't want to support the Vita, it seems to pop up alot. It'll be a year old for us in march and by then the only big IP's they own that that won't be out for it are GT and GoW.

Compared to the first year of PS3 the Vita is far ahead i think

Vita's a great Mortal Kombat/Final Fantasy machine. Not much else going on tho.

I dont really understand this statement that sony doesn't want to support the Vita, it seems to pop up alot. It'll be a year old for us in march and by then the only big IP's they own that that won't be out for it are GT and GoW.

Their big IPs, but not from their big studios. Compare Nintendo putting EAD Tokyo on Mario 3D Land vs Sony putting Bend of Bubsy 3D fame on Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Their big IPs, but not from their big studios. Compare Nintendo putting EAD Tokyo on Mario 3D Land vs Sony putting Bend of Bubsy 3D fame on Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

But Golden Abyss is pretty damn good so why is that an issue? Resistance vita isn't good but thats the only one of their IP's that was handled poorly and it's not like it was handled greatly by Insomniac on PS3 throughout the gen either. Hotshots and Wipeout were from their studios that own those IP's.

The Fuck?
Bend are critically claimed for their work on the PSP (1,2,3) and now the Vita (1). Time and time again Sony have pulled them back from moving to the PS3 (along with Ready At Dawn until now) to keep hitting winners on the portables.

Axiom

The only thing I dislike about my Vita is the fact I can't get everything I want for it via the Australian PSN. Plus has been worth it since day 1 and it'll be nice to finally play Uncharted on the Vita.

I played the WiiU at Fountain Gate the other day, pretty damn neat despite the fact I couldn't make TARDIS or Dalek appear in Scribblenauts. Police box worked orked though, but it was red. The throwing star thing was the most fun.

Wanting to play LEGO City Undercover won't push me to get it right away though

Jintor

I really hate this region bullshit. I know it comes part and parcel with the entire concept of, well, having separate nations that can regulate their own trade and whatnot, but it's still complete bullshit.

jambo

I really hate this region bullshit. I know it comes part and parcel with the entire concept of, well, having separate nations that can regulate their own trade and whatnot, but it's still complete bullshit.

I've been having issues with region stuff lately, namely with Genesis albums that come with bonus DVDs. A lot of them ones that I've bought have ended up being NTSC because it is impossible to find the PAL copies any more. Recently I found a solution though so it's not so much of a hassle.

midonnay

Ed is crying because Thom keeps on stealing his role in the band....

I mean he already sings lead....does he need to hog the guitar too? >_>

You got 4.2 already? Lucky bugger. Try out the user switching...

Updates are released in batches by hardware ID at random. No guarantee when you'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom