• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUCK YOU WINDOWS 8 BETA THING THAT I CAN'T WORK OUT HOW TO UNINSTALL. WHY WON'T YOU LET ME PLAY HOTLINE MIAMI?

AND WHY DO I KEEP AUTOMATICALLY TYPING HOTMAIL WHEN I TRY TO TYPE HOTLINE?

I really hate this region bullshit. I know it comes part and parcel with the entire concept of, well, having separate nations that can regulate their own trade and whatnot, but it's still complete bullshit.

It really doesn't work in such a globalised world. The whole 'regulating their own trade' thing doesn't really make sense to me when there are usually only 2 - 3 regions worldwide for games.

As of 3pm today, I got chartered status, which means that I'm a real boy engineer!

Yay!

Congrats! Everything's coming together huh :D

Deeku

OH MY GOD, the date on my j-3ds was off by a month so now I need to restart my Animal Crossing file....JAPANESE FAIL:(((((((

FUCK YOU WINDOWS 8 BETA THING THAT I CAN'T WORK OUT HOW TO UNINSTALL. WHY WON'T YOU LET ME PLAY HOTLINE MIAMI?

AND WHY DO I KEEP AUTOMATICALLY TYPING HOTMAIL WHEN I TRY TO TYPE HOTLINE?

I installed win8 on my sister's laptop. The '@' key got swapped with the " key.

I sent a whole bunch of emails to xyz"gmail.com before realizing this.

Win8 has probably the worst support I've seen in years. Installed it on a dell inspiron, everything went through normally, crated a windows account as well..but when the OS was loading up, it gave an error saying win8 can not be installed, reverting back to win7. No error number, no reason...and this was after 2 hours of installing and rebooting and what not.

Contacted M$ support, they didn't have an answer.

That's pretty fucked. I've had no dramas with the 8 demo other than it's a gimped demo. And that on level six of hotline the fame crashes. Apparently due to windows 8. If only I knew where my key was for 7

I've got the retail version.

Also Dell has not released any compatible drivers for my alienware so can't even install it on my laptop.

I am seeing a trend with win8 to push consumers into purchasing the absolute latest hardware (at least with laptops) if they want a 'functional' win8 experience. Guess desktops are the only one that don't have this issue.

I installed win8 on my sister's laptop. The '@' key got swapped with the " key.

I sent a whole bunch of emails to xyz"gmail.com before realizing this.
You set it to a British keyboard instead of a US keyboard. We use the US layout in Australia. Anyone who had a C64 will be familiar with " being on the 2 key.

Ningo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFr1n9epeg
TAREE
THOUGH I CAN’T PUT MY HANDS ON YOU I CAN FEEL YOU NOW IN THE BONES AND THE BLOOD FLOWING NEEDLES ON THE GROUND IN THE ETHER I SAIL TO YOU
FLOATING ON THE FUMES RUN AGROUND ON THE SHORE FOR YOU SIMPLE WRECKAGE TAREE WALK OUT AND RAISE THE ROAD TO MY TILTED SHADOW I ONLY KNOW
I’VE MADE IT HOME WHEN I DROWN IN YOUR GHOST LIGHT THOUGH I CAN’T PUT A NAME ON YOU I WILL CRY IT OUT IN MY HEART I WILL HOLD WHAT MY BLOODY HANDS
HAVE DROPPED RUN AROUND ON THE FLOOR FOR YOU SIMPLE WRECKAGE TAREE WALK OUT AND RAISE THE ROAD
TO MY TILTED SHADOW I ONLY KNOW I’VE MADE IT HOME WHEN I DROWN IN YOUR GHOST LIGHT
TAREE! TAREE! TAREE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKJw223pu4
BONES OF BIRDS
TIME IS MY FRIEND TIL IT AIN’T AND RUNS OUT AND THAT IS ALL THAT I HAVE TIL IT’S GONE TRY TO BUILD A HOME BONES OF BIRDS SINGING IN THE COLD
AND FALL TO EARTH HEY, SOMETIMES SHE WON’T CRY WHEN THE SMALLEST ONE IS DROWNED TOO WEAK TO SURVIVE PROBABLY.... MAYBE TRY TO LOOK OUT
THROUGH A HOLE IN A BAG CIRCLE ABOVE LOOKING DOWN BIRD OF PREY TRY TO BUILD A HOME BONES OF BIRDS SINGING IN THE COLD AND FALL TO EARTH
HEY, SOMETIMES SHE WON’T CRY WHEN THE SMALLEST ONE IS DROWNED TOO WEAK TO SURVIVE PROBABLY.... MAYBE
I love the whole damn thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCDoZLPfqxg :D

Also, just saw this http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/techn...old-from-january/story-fn7bfruo-1226516899233 woot

markot

Banned
Good win for Australia against Korea, would have liked to see them start more young guys though.

35aznz.jpg

Watching GB play Nuketown in BLOPS 2. Jesus christ this is the most boring thing in existence.

Dude I love Giant Bomb, but those people and first person shooters just do not mix. They just can't make it entertaining.

Also, where the fuck was that doctored image when I was doing my VCE?

Congrats!

Also this android update is nice... For the swype style input alone.
Thank you!

CongratulationsNOWGETBACKTOWRITING
Spank you! That goes double for you mr descriptions man!

Nice one!
Crank you!

It really doesn't work in such a globalised world. The whole 'regulating their own trade' thing doesn't really make sense to me when there are usually only 2 - 3 regions worldwide for games.

Congrats! Everything's coming together huh :D
It's more about price discrimination and protecting their relationships with distributors than anything else. The talk about everything else rings hollow - it's all about charging some customers more than others.

Also, rank you! It means that I might be in line for a promotion before the baby comes, which, quite frankly, suddenly became a lot more important to me than it ever could have been a year ago.

I'm starting to see why people get more and more conservative as they get older. Gosh, at this rate, I might even become a Federal Labor primary voter by the time I hit 30!

So, GTA V is borrowing a fair few tricks from JC2.

Haven't seen yet but not a bad thing.

I've uninstalled swype and gone with stock keyboard. Apex doesn't work, even after an app update, when I use the recent apps button the home screen dock stops working.

Congratulations vks!

Clipper

Another SydGAF meetups reminder post, for good measure

Holycheck's board games day:
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2012
Time: 10:00AM
Place: Clipper's place in Randwick. Details available by via PM for attendees.
Attendees: Clipper, Danoss, Holycheck, Jintor, Rahk

shanshan310's dinner/drinks:
Date: Friday, November 23rd, 2012
Time: 6:30PM
Place: Meeting outside the entrance to Wharf 6 at Circular Quay. Then likely going to Hokkaido Japanese Restaurant (basement of 20 Loftus St) for Dinner, then over to one of a few places in The Rocks to get something to drink.
Attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Jintor, Rahk, shanshan310[/QUOTE]

legend166

So, should I ask for a Wii U for Christmas?

I'd probably have to pay about $200 myself.

I'd buy the games from ozgameshop, where they are sufficiently cheap.

Maybe I'll wait until my bonus in March though. By then Pikmin 3 should be almost out.

jambo

I'm cancelling my Wii U pre-order today =[

Girlfriend got made redundant a few months ago and the shift work she's been doing has been drying up. When she's only getting 2-3 shifts a week we just can't go and spend $400 on a gaming console.

She had a great interview for a job at an ISP, but it won't start until some time in January.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Evl, I'm on a train to ballarat and there's a girl on here with a triforce tattoo on her hand and she's playing a 3DS. Seems cute. Can't see her properly tho.

Will report back.

I'm cancelling my Wii U pre-order today =[

Girlfriend got made redundant a few months ago and the shift work she's been doing has been drying up. When she's only getting 2-3 shifts a week we just can't go and spend $400 on a gaming console.

She had a great interview for a job at an ISP, but it won't start until some time in January.

Good call man. Sucks but it's pretty unimportant really. Plus, if you pick it up next year there'll be more games and more of them for cheap. Silver lining and all

hamchan

So, should I ask for a Wii U for Christmas?

I'd probably have to pay about $200 myself.

I'd buy the games from ozgameshop, where they are sufficiently cheap.

Maybe I'll wait until my bonus in March though. By then Pikmin 3 should be almost out.

Waiting is the safest option.

Jintor

I had a really weird dream where I was interning on the Daily Show and feuding with Jessica Williams over me ruining her game of solitaire. I mean... so many bits there where I was flipping out over mundane stuff, like having an access pass to get into the building. I'm pretty sure I dreamed a time period of like a week or two... eventually Jon Stewart came in and solved the problem somehow?

markot

Banned
I had a really weird dream where I was interning on the Daily Show and feuding with Jessica Williams over me ruining her game of solitaire. I mean... so many bits there where I was flipping out over mundane stuff, like having an access pass to get into the building. I'm pretty sure I dreamed a time period of like a week or two... eventually Jon Stewart came in and solved the problem somehow?

Jessica Williams is the least funny!

Best dream ever. Were you senior Australian correspondent?

Jintor

I don't actually recall ever doing any work, I just remember being an intern. I specifically recall sitting behind, like, a video producer and thinking "I'm an intern, I'm here to ask questions, I should ask what he's doing"

Fusebox

Banned

I've dreamt about Jessica a few times too, she's so damn cute.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Evl, I'm on a train to ballarat and there's a girl on here with a triforce tattoo on her hand and she's playing a 3DS. Seems cute. Can't see her properly tho.

Will report back.

See if she is on okcupid and i can send her a sweet message.

Get in on that hotness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom