• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

729Labor-Xmas-Staff-Party.jpg

LOL

You know you can't make sweeping statements like that, there's no possible way to know what everyone thinks, or that everyone will think the same thing.

Plus everyone's thoughts and opinions on tattoos are different, so they may not care about the fact that they are permanent. I've had a few people explain to me that it doesn't matter if they end up not liking a band that they had tattooed on their arm 10 years earlier. It's like an old photo or home movie, a window to the past.

There's an episode of Penny Arcade TV that covers it well.

Having said that, I don't know if there's much point typing all this, you'll probably just say I'm wrong and and everyone else is stupid.

It is this kind of view that I can most identify with, and the one that most informed my decision to get a tattoo. As long as it isn't a face tattoo then who cares if you don't agree with it 100% anymore. At one point you did, and recognising that fact should help you to identify how much you've changed in the mean time. Tattoos are so mainstream now that I'm not going to judge someone negatively for having a small tri-force on their wrist.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
there was a special person on my train today who kept saying shan a lot and playing the drums on his knees

i think you have a friend

Shaneus

FUCK YOU DENIS WALTER I WANTED A QUIET WEEKEND IN GEELONG AND NOW YOUR STUPID PRESENCE MEANS ALL THE WEIRDOS HAVE BOOKED OUT ALL THE HOTELS

>fuck
Real adventurers do not use such language.

>shit
Real adventurers do not use such language.

>cunt
That's not a verb I recognise.
What the fuck? You're coming down to Geelong and weren't going to tell me?

We could've had a man-date :(

PS. What's Denis Walter doing?

Hey, I can see your wallet!

Shaneus

alas :( that's my midi disc case
No no no, I can actually see your wallet. Can't believe you couldn't find it before!

Big W has the Premium WiiU Bundle for $388 or the Basic WiiU Bundle for $308 delivered

Pffft! Only just decided today to go for a weekend away, probably stay in Geelong and train it up to Melbourne one day.

Denis is doing that stupid fucking Christmas Carol thing. Forgot all about it.
He sucks :( My brother went to school with one of his nephews, referred to him all the time as "Uncle Denis". Apparently he always gave his CD out for Christmas to their whole family.

Hey bogans! I'm going to this with my brother, sister and her husband. It looks pretty rad, you should all come down and get pissed of some quality goon:

Feb. 16th next year. Rep, you have no excuse! None of youse other cunts either. Bogue out with your... rogue out?

Hey bogans! I'm going to this with my brother, sister and her husband. It looks pretty rad, you should all come down and get pissed of some quality goon:

Feb. 16th next year. Rep, you have no excuse! None of youse other cunts either. Bogue out with your... rogue out?

I just came back last week from ADOTG. :p Also saw the Angels earlier this year, they're still fuckoff awesome.

552457_4537746115791_643378587_n.jpg

Shaneus

I just came back last week from ADOTG. :p Also saw the Angels earlier this year, they're still fuckoff awesome.

552457_4537746115791_643378587_n.jpg
Nice. Is that general admission? I've never been to one before.

Also... Angels with no Doc Neeson? I saw him with them when I went to the Countdown Spectacular a number of years ago so I'm not sure if he's unwell or whatever :(

Were Dragon there as well? Good without Marc Hunter?

Nice. Is that general admission? I've never been to one before.

Also... Angels with no Doc Neeson? I saw him with them when I went to the Countdown Spectacular a number of years ago so I'm not sure if he's unwell or whatever :(

Were Dragon there as well? Good without Marc Hunter?

Angels Dave Gleeson is an ok replacement. We paid extra for the VIP-y tix. It was only $30 more, why not. Dragon were good, their singer was fucking godawful, he forgot the words to April Sun In Cuba. :/

Our acts were, in order: Choirboys, Dragon, 1927, Richard Clapton, Ian Moss, Noiseworks. Opened 12:30pm, Choirboys on at 2:30, then 45 to an hour per act. Noiseworks got an hour and a half and an encore.

It's a fantastic atmosphere, everyone's drunk but not drunk enough to be cockheads. It's awesome. Also this was the wine we were drinking.

Sorry dude, I'm 26 not 36.

Now I'm off to watch Demolition Man for the 12th time!

Shaneus

I am 36 and those are still before my time. Dragon. LOL.
I'm 32 :(

Clearly you never had an old man who used to invite his work mates over during summer holidays to a caravan park at Ocean Grove where they used to stay up all night getting pissed, listening to that music.

Obviously.

Dead Man

I'm 32 :(

Clearly you never had an old man who used to invite his work mates over during summer holidays to a caravan park at Ocean Grove where they used to stay up all night getting pissed, listening to that music.

Obviously.

It's like you know me :eek: But yeah, my boring dad only rarely even drank a beer. And the only exposure I got to music was staying up on the weekend watching rage.

Jintor

Tune in tommorrow for "Aftermath of Jintor spectacularly self-destructing during a Business Organisations exam". Call 555-WIZARDON to leave your handy tips and tricks.

It's like you know me :eek: But yeah, my boring dad only rarely even drank a beer. And the only exposure I got to music was staying up on the weekend watching rage.
Sounds like my childhood o_O

Well, my dad did drink the odd Carlton Light every blue moon. Still never heard him listen to a fucking song in his life. At least my mum had ABBA and Skyhooks et al. She had a huge collection of Beatles records that got lost in the move from Adelaide to Victoria that I am now quite annoyed about.

First "proper" cd I ever bought was the single for Why Don't You Get A Job by The Offspring second hand from a kid in first year of high school, B-Side was an awesome remake of Beheaded from their first album. :)

Tune in tommorrow for "Aftermath of Jintor spectacularly self-destructing during a Business Organisations exam". Call 555-WIZARDON to leave your handy tips and tricks.

I'm sure it will be on the news.

Shaneus

DEMOLITION MAN IS AN UNDERRATED CLASSIC OF THE ACTION GENRE!

/DRUNK

Also gonna get some fucking Wang in meeeeee
OH FUCKING SHIT.

YOU NO MESS WIT LO WANG.

I was actually only trying (successfully) running using an open-source interpreter (with 3D acceleration, amongst other things) the other day. It's so fucking good.

Also, check it out guys.
uPeJ2.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-14-ea-origin-accounts-are-being-hijacked
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/14/origin-accounts-hacked-maybe-change-your-password/
http://kotaku.com/5960503/origin-users-are-suddenly-getting-hacked-a-lot
I love the fact that if you search for the username my account was changed to in Google (Jekas77CsP), it comes up with all the sites that have essentially syndicated the information. Double IF, baby.

Sounds like my childhood o_O

Well, my dad did drink the odd Carlton Light every blue moon. Still never heard him listen to a fucking song in his life. At least my mum had ABBA and Skyhooks et al. She had a huge collection of Beatles records that got lost in the move from Adelaide to Victoria that I am now quite annoyed about.

First "proper" cd I ever bought was the single for Why Don't You Get A Job by The Offspring second hand from a kid in first year of high school, B-Side was an awesome remake of Beheaded from their first album. :)
Despite the fact that it was (what you people consider to be) crap music, I pretty much owe my love for music in general to my old man (as well as my older brother and sister). I might be a pretentious fuck when it comes to music (on the rare occasion), but I'm proud of my roots, damnit.

Edit: HOW THE FUCKING FUCK DID YOU MISS THIS REP YOU FOOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom