• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Oh man, that game is still just sitting there, about 40 minutes of awkward fumbling about attempted. I should really try and learn to play it. Omi livestream please!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
- 1GB day one firmware update via slow servers.
- Individual updates for every single game so they can access Miiverse.
- Slow, laggy operating system menus.
- Almost if not every 360/PS3 port has inferior visuals and/or performance to their current gen counterparts.
- GamePad and pro controllers unusable for character control in NSMBU multiplayer.
- Crashes/freezes.
- User accidentally accesses debug version of main menu.
- Another user accidentally access admin control of Miiverse, reading messages from one of the Miiverse creators/programmers.
- Nintendo IDs tied to systems, no option to transfer yet.
- Audio/video tied to HDMI or component, no option for one on either.
- TV remote control does not work with receivers. Therefore if you wish to use surround sound via HDMI, you have no TV GamePad control.

Most unbelievably mangled console launch in history.

Stackboy

Do they email you the code?

Had an insane weekend of live music. Saw some great break beats Friday night, just some local Brisbane guys, Saint Surley and Monster Monster. It's a shame because one guy is heading off to the UK for 2 years, but I'll be sure to head to more gigs from Monster Monster.

Sunday was Harvest festival. Despite the threat of rain, hail and lightning it was one of the best and well run festivals I've had the pleasure of attending. Highlights were Silversun Pickups, Mike Patton, Ben Folds Five and Sigur Ros. I sang "I have got to be a poncho maaaaan' all day and by the end the threat of torrential rain and hail wasn't enough to wipe the smile off my dumb music loving face. Live music, you guys!

Next up I'm seeing The Living End perform their self titled album in full, in December. So excite for 90's world!

Shaneus

- Almost if not every 360/PS3 port has inferior visuals and/or performance to their current gen counterparts.
- GamePad and pro controllers unusable for character control in NSMBU multiplayer.
- Crashes/freezes.
- Another user accidentally access admin control of Miiverse, reading messages from one of the Miiverse creators/programmers.
- TV remote control does not work with receivers. Therefore if you wish to use surround sound via HDMI, you have no TV GamePad control.

Wow. They're not handling this HD thing real well, are they?

Accidentally accessing the debug version of the main menu... you can bet the jailbreakers and hackers will be onto that like a fat kid on cake.

jambo

Well that sucks... =\

I have Foxtel anyway, so I doubt it would work with that.

Also that debug stuff is hilarious, can't believe a random user was able to access it!

hamchan

- Crashes/freezes.

BEST CONSOLE LAUNCH EVER

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jIo8Z.jpg

- Crashes/freezes.

That thread on the debug version is gold. Every single person is advising the OP to go nuts deleting things

senahorse

I was a little worried I might cave this week and order a Wii-U, after today's 'feature' announcements there is no way that's going to happen, wallet saved :D

Oh and Hitman and WD ep 5 :D

Shaneus

That thread on the debug version is gold. Every single person is advising the OP to go nuts deleting things
I assume that thread is easy enough to find? I wonder if the guy who found it made just how he did it available.

Could be the quickest time for a console to be hacked *ever*.

Omikron

Omi. I bought Crusader Kings II.

I have no idea how to play it.

Teach me.

lol... the best advice I can give is to watch youtube lets plays. There are some ok ones out there and that is the best way to learn by far. :)

Some advice though to get your started:
1) Begin a game as a King of a small country. I recommend Denmark.
2) Always make sure your council are doing things and are the best people from your court, it makes a difference.
3) Ensure you are both married and have a male heir. Super important. You never want to be without an heir for too long as bad things start to happen.
4) Make sure your heirs are married or have an appropriate betrothal in place. Look for people that give you alliances to powerful nations or give you a leg up in giving you a reason to go to war.
5) Fabricate claims and push your luck in battle. :D

Oh man, that game is still just sitting there, about 40 minutes of awkward fumbling about attempted. I should really try and learn to play it. Omi livestream please!
HERE HERE

- Crashes/freezes.

Reggie - "Hey should we put more than 3 guys on this WiiU thingy we are making? I think it is meant to be out in a few months or something."
Shibata - "Nah just make sure there are only 3 guys at FoxConn producing them. I'm sure we will sort something out by the time Miyamoto wants to put out a game on it."
Iwata - (laughs)

Sunday was Harvest festival. Despite the threat of rain, hail and lightning it was one of the best and well run festivals I've had the pleasure of attending. Highlights were Silversun Pickups, Mike Patton, Ben Folds Five and Sigur Ros. I sang "I have got to be a poncho maaaaan' all day and by the end the threat of torrential rain and hail wasn't enough to wipe the smile off my dumb music loving face. Live music, you guys!
Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk youuuuuuuuuuu :(

Holy Shit!
Soul Hackers!
Bundle that shit Nintendo!
I will buy 2!

I was a little worried I might cave this week and order a Wii-U, after today's 'feature' announcements there is no way that's going to happen, wallet saved :D

Oh and Hitman and WD ep 5 :D
The RPS review of Hitman has led to me not grabbing it from GMG on special. Will buy on Steam Sale next Easter. Maybe. I'm a bit actioned out after BLOPS2 and 007 Legends (fuck you Eurocom).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Do they email you the code?

Had an insane weekend of live music. Saw some great break beats Friday night, just some local Brisbane guys, Saint Surley and Monster Monster. It's a shame because one guy is heading off to the UK for 2 years, but I'll be sure to head to more gigs from Monster Monster.

Next up I'm seeing The Living End perform their self titled album in full, in December. So excite for 90's world!

Beck, Sigur Ross and Mike patton were the highlights for me

found the silversun pickups to be a bit bland.

also saw cake who were ok, nothing too amazing (too much new stuff) and dandy warhols who were alright.

missed out on fuck buttons due to a long toilet lineup after beck :(

Rezbit

Man, that reminds me that the original 360 blades dashboard was awesome. Just simple. Now it's a fucking mess with tiles and adds everywhere, hate it.

Jintor

Xenoblade is at its most bullshit when you're sitting around waiting for glowy collectables to respawn that have a 10% drop rate

Dead Man

- Crashes/freezes.

That is quite the impressive list when laid out like that.

It's not even slightly the same issue though. You're comparing an open platform to a closed one. If it happened on an iPad or Windows RT it'd be the same issue.

Seems like Nintendo has fixed it, but still, not a great sign. I'd like to point out I'm still thinking about getting one. I'm not anti-Nintendo by any means, but to say this is anything less than a fuck up is pretty ridiculous

Oh shit, didn't take this one in properly, so games media can't use the same account at home or at the office unless they bring the physical console with them?

Can you chuck the saves onto a USB or SD card and use them on another account?

Seems fucking insane to be honest if you can't.

markot

Banned
How many gigys of patches do you have to do on a new Windows 7 install now? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!?

How many restarts and time does it take?!

Never happens? OR ALWAYS HAPPENS?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom