• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

- Then, at last, its almost home time. I go out to do a final clean of dining room. Someone has changed a diaper on a table, and left the open nappy and some dirty wipes on the table.

CNN7O.gif

- Turns out the manager never told the person he called to cover my shift that I came in. They commuted 2 hours from the Sunshine coast and when they got there the manager told them they weren't needed anymore.

The fuck? Why the fuck would you work a low paying job that is 2 hours away! That person should be shot out of a cannon for being stupid.

- Then, at last, its almost home time. I go out to do a final clean of dining room. Someone has changed a diaper on a table, and left the open nappy and some dirty wipes on the table.
Okay, all the rest was regular hospitality bullshit you deal with pretty regularly but the fuck people. That is not okay. I mean, in my current job we have to pull hypodermic needles out from mounds of hoarder garbage and worry about getting a shiv to the back of the neck by some down on their luck druggy but fuck, that ain't cool. That is Health Department close down your store kind of shit. Lucky no-one reported it externally.

Shaneus

Okay, all the rest was regular hospitality bullshit you deal with pretty regularly but the fuck people. That is not okay. I mean, in my current job we have to pull hypodermic needles out from mounds of hoarder garbage and worry about getting a shiv to the back of the neck by some down on their luck druggy but fuck, that ain't cool. That is Health Department close down your store kind of shit. Lucky no-one reported it externally.
Until now!

Jintor

Well, today was a pretty crappy day at work. It can basically be summarised in the following dot points:

- arrive 15 minutes early for work. Walk in and the manager says "oh, you showed up". He for some reason thought I wasn't coming (I've never been late or missed a shift except for one day when they changed the roster without telling me), so he called someone else in to cover my shift.
- Serve some guy talking on his phone. He doesn't hear me confirm his order because he's busy talking, and -surprise- what he ordered isn't actually what he wanted. I take back the burger and throw it away.
- The next man in the queue orders a burger. The people at the back make it and about a minute later it comes down the shoot. I hand it to him, and he says "You've just given me the other guy's old burger, haven't you?" I explain that I threw it away, and that its not even the same type of burger. The guy says "prove it, go get me the other burger", which I then have to fish out of the bin for him.
- Turns out the manager never told the person he called to cover my shift that I came in. They commuted 2 hours from the Sunshine coast and when they got there the manager told them they weren't needed anymore.
- Some guy wants to change his drink for some chicken. I can't change it, and he points out that they are the same price. I tell him I physically can't change it on the machine, and doing anything else would mess up stocktake. He doesn't understand, and starts being condescending about not knowing how to think for myself or some shit.
- This woman started lurking around the store and just as I'd give customers their change she'd come up and say "hey, I need some money for the bus!"
- I apologise to an old woman for running out of something, and offer to give her some free stuff instead. She just yells "give me my money back!"

I noticed I was coming second or third for a while there so I've been trying to cut back.

I recommend getting an indoor job with no heavy lifting that doesn't involve meeting members of the human race.

I recommend getting an indoor job with no heavy lifting that doesn't involve meeting members of the human race.
I wish I was better at computer things so I could do this. Or that translating paid better.

THIS IS AMAZING. THREAD OF THE YEAR!!!!!

i9cQARPhG4f0S.gif

ibs8lWkzW21BGp.gif

This was my birthday lunch:

That's the minimum 5-patty burger in their stacker challenge. The maximum is 12 patties.

Is it bad that I want to visit the US for the sole purpose of trying all their outrageous food?

I mean, how good does this look?
jacks_munchie_meal.jpg

Holy crap GAF is on fire today.
Is it bad that I want to visit the US for the sole purpose of trying all their outrageous food?

Nope. It's almost my entire reason for wanting to go to the States. Also sport. And it's a pretty rad place in general.

My ex girlfriend's family traveled to American almost entirely to eat the stupidest food they could find.

Jintor

I don't feel awake if I don't get some morning exercise these days.

Halo 4 is pretty Halo. Way better facial animation and cutscene direction, almost exactly the same goddamn gameplay, even with the new weapons (which, functionally, are slightly-different-rifle, slightly-different-shotgun, slightly-different-pistol). Enjoyable, but... old.

I don't feel awake if I don't get some morning exercise these days.

Halo 4 is pretty Halo. Way better facial animation and cutscene direction, almost exactly the same goddamn gameplay, even with the new weapons (which, functionally, are slightly-different-rifle, slightly-different-shotgun, slightly-different-pistol). Enjoyable, but... old.

In breaking news games of the same franchise have similar gameplay.

But seriously, aint broke dude. Have you played the multi yet? I kind of disliked like the changes with ordinance drops initially but it's growing on me. I do miss weapons placed in certain locations which creates the initial rush to the launcher or whatever.

But I'm open about my love of Halo. And this was a good one.

Oh shit played Xcom multiplayer for the first time the other day. Fucking awesome. Holds up amazingly against another human player.

Jintor

In breaking news games of the same franchise have similar gameplay.

But seriously, aint broke dude. Have you played the multi yet? I kind of disliked like the changes with ordinance drops initially but it's growing on me. I do miss weapons placed in certain locations which creates the initial rush to the launcher or whatever.

But I'm open about my love of Halo. And this was a good one.

I'm not saying it's broken. It's still great. It's just not... new. Not touching multi though, don't really enjoy Halo multi outside of drunken friend nights where we make up game modes. No firefight though? Lame as shit.

But I'm not saying similar gameplay, I'm thinking almost identical. New enemies don't really inspire different methods of playing, we're still fighting Covenant who act and play exactly like they used to, armour abilities don't really change up gameplay in any significant way... at least it's easier to see things, I guess.

I'm not really feeling it. But then, I guess I haven't been feeling it since Halo 1, so take that as you will. At least I kind of understand what's going on in the story, unlike Halo 3. I was completely lost in that game.

I'm not saying it's broken. It's still great. It's just not... new. Not touching multi though, don't really enjoy Halo multi outside of drunken friend nights where we make up game modes. No firefight though? Lame as shit.

But I'm not saying similar gameplay, I'm thinking almost identical. New enemies don't really inspire different methods of playing, we're still fighting Covenant who act and play exactly like they used to, armour abilities don't really change up gameplay in any significant way... at least it's easier to see things, I guess.

I'm not really feeling it. But then, I guess I haven't been feeling it since Halo 1, so take that as you will. At least I kind of understand what's going on in the story, unlike Halo 3. I was completely lost in that game.

Word re firefight. I haven't really tried Spartan Ops yet I'm kind of hopeful it'll give the game a lot of life.

I thought he knights added a very different enemy. Their hit and run tactics were a lot different than any Covenant.

Otherwise I agree almost entirely. Except I dug it

Yeah went through the thread on the weekend. Solid gold. Also there are some talented gaffers in that thread.

This was my birthday lunch:

vsYzpl.jpg

That's the minimum 5-patty burger in their stacker challenge. The maximum is 12 patties.

I wish that was my lunch today.

You can always go with Naked ADSL2+

Not available where I live :( The first thing I checked.

Rlan

Holy shit what an amazing episode of Q&A. I'm kind of glad that Turnbull and Rudd are out of the race, because they can be so much more entertaining.

jambo

Star Citizen is past $5.6 M and well on the way to $6 M.

PC gaming renaissance in full swing. The next few years are going to be amazing.

Rezbit

Me toooo.

I got a second job today. My daily work hours will be, once I start: 5am to 9:30am lifting boxes. 10:30am to 6pm programmering. Herewego.gif

Also went to polio island for my 6 years anniversary with my missus. :D amazing weekend

You are dead set crazy. God speed.

Also; Polio....island?

Kritz

Banned
Is there a new daylight savings that I'm not aware of? Why does my phone say its 4:30 when it should clearly be 'get me the fick out of here' o'clock?

I know they don't want to Wii U me, but common, I'm ready for release.

magenta

Ever since they started construction of the NBN here my area, the ADSL connection drops in and out like crazy. Roughly 3 outages per hour. Wonder if it is a coincidence.

Kritz

Banned
And so I continue my 6 year streak without throwing up.
Probably soon to be broken next week when I have the Bangladesh inside my ear removed. I remember that from last time and it remains the single most painful feeling I have ever had.

So, surgery notes: I have a new eardrum (??? His words not mine), my right ear has been bored into to be even wider, I have a prosthetic hearing aide somewhere above the eardrum, some bone was removed, my sideburns are no longer plural (does that mean i failed no shave November?), I have a sweet scar along the upper right of my face, I'm still bleeding, and they forgot to bring me breakfast.

Science.

Edit: bandages...
Edit: boared. Bore... Made wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom