• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These flash deals are going to somehow mess with my sleeping cycle, aren't they? Lucky they're spaced eight hours apart.

Felghana is reportedly going to be bundle in a daily indie pack, so it might be ever cheaper. You know the rules!

Also, wife's phone updated to Jelly Bean overnight. I've been mashing the 'Check Updates' button constantly for the past day and she gets it? This is some sort of cruel joke Google is playing, right?

1 Steam badge. :(

Anyone got any ideas what the "not available in your region" game might be? The Indie Bundle I wasn't there (and was on the US Steam), but when I refreshed Indie Bundle I was there.

9nafB.jpg

senahorse

Don't think there is anything for me today. Also anyone that doesn't buy Rayman is a bad person, it's a fantastic game with a load of content.

legend166

It's Ridge Racer. What's weird is that it shows up for me sometimes, and not at other times.

Edit: Wait I'm an idiot, RR is there in the screenshot. But sometimes RR isn't there. I think it's a bug.

Rahk

It's Ridge Racer. What's weird is that it shows up for me sometimes, and not at other times.

Edit: Wait I'm an idiot, RR is there in the screenshot. But sometimes RR isn't there. I think it's a bug.
The positions change every time you refresh the page. I'm not sure if that's what's happening or not though.

Legend, it reappears if you refresh. Least it did for me. I was just wondering that there may be more than 10 deals rotating and thus one is missing, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Fredescu

I had three squares show a region error once. I guess it's just a bug due to high load. If you want to make sure you're seeing all the deals, they usually screenshot the US version and put it in the sale thread.

Frawdder

What class are you playing? So hyped for Borderlands 2. This trailer came out yesterday and while it's not as good as the Wub Wub one, it's still pretty fantastic.

http://youtu.be/nicvyhrmTDs

I have to admit I'm a little curious now about Sleeping Dogs. Will likely wait for it be released first and get impressions to see if it's all it's cracked up to be.
Playing as a soldier, I think that's what the class is called, the guy with the turret.

I was already looking forward to seeing how Borderlands 2 turned out just to see what improvements they make over the first but now I'm thinking of buying it pretty close to release if first impressions are positive.

Got home at went to bed at 4:30pm yesterday. Had a mad fever and felt like shit. Rockign the office by myself today and can barely open my eyes without stabbing pains. I assume it is a hardcore head cold, feeling better already aside from the headache.

Years of Service
Level 7 (7 years of service)

7 years of Steam. <3 you Valve.
If I hadn't lost my accounts over the years I would still have my day one Half Life 2 account!

I forwarded international speed test results to TPG as requested and was told that they should be expected to be notably slower than local/national tests because of the longer route... which would generally make sense, sure, but the difference is about 20%, and I have international speed test results from March that are perfectly aligned with my sync speed.

Come on, son.
So basically since you signed up they have signed up a fuckload of other people and don't want to admit that there are two many people on your line for an adequate service?

Also steam sales: everyone should buy this http://store.steampowered.com/app/207320/?snr=1_7_suggest__13 and http://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/?snr=1_7_suggest__13 or at the very least buy it at the last day of the sales, you'll thank me later thx.
DAILY DEALS, ONLY BUY IF 75% OFF OR MORE

5 Steam badges, woo!
What are Steam badges?

Do we think it's safe to buy during a flash sale? It wouldn't get lower during a daily deal, would it?
ONLY BUY IF 75% OFF OR MORE

Awww yeah two credits and two distinctions

everything's coming up thrillho
Congrats!

jambo

My main account is Level 5, but my old one is Level 8. I gave it to a mate after I got banned from some servers. Annoying thing is I got it unbanned about 3 years ago, but by that point he'd bought some games for it.

I checked earlier and he hasn't logged in to the account in 526 days...

=\

My main account is Level 5, but my old one is Level 8. I gave it to a mate after I got banned from some servers. Annoying thing is I got it unbanned about 3 years ago, but by that point he'd bought some games for it.

I checked earlier and he hasn't logged in to the account in 526 days...

=\

take it back then. if he cares just buy him out.

I think Flash Sales are like Daily Deals. At least that's where my money is going.

Yeah the Flash Sale idea is very cunning by Valve, rather than just have Daily Deals now we have an even more time limited decision to make. Hell I almost thought about buying BttF, which I though was fucking terrible when I played it on PS3.

Very tempted to grab CK2. Not sure yet though.

Not to pile on vks (but I have to say this because I remember thinking how crazy it was), but but worst part was that he was legitimately surprised that people actually like the Beach Boys. How do you not know that Pet Sounds is one of the most beloved albums in pop music history?
Prior to about 2005, the Internet was just web pages, MSN Messenger and file sharing to me. In fact, I would routinely type things like "NOT forums" and "-forum" at the end of my Google searches, so I wasn't part of the conversation.

Couple that with foreign parents who knew nothing about anglophone pop prior to 1990 as well as peers who were equally ignorant and you end up with no guidance whatsoever. I didn't realise I was supposed to like The Beach Boys. I just knew I hated their sound.

I'm a grown-arse man now. It's too late to change my ways.

My tip: if you are studying law get out while you still can. Trust me.
Assuming that the job market for law grads remains stable in the oversaturated state it's been in for decades and that this risk is already priced into law students' expectations of their future career trajectories, what's the problem?

It's just like acting, really. Only a lot less fun, probably.

Assuming that the job market for law grads remains stable in the oversaturated state it's been in for decades and that this risk is already priced into law students' expectations of their future career trajectories, what's the problem?

It's just like acting, really. Only a lot less fun, probably.
Having worked in law firms for about 5-6 years I would say about 70 percent of lawyers hold up to all stereotypes and they are the good workers. other 30 who are normal sane people hate being lawyers and move into other industries frequently .the turn over rate for lawyers is ridiculous also. I'll elaborate further if you would like?

Having worked in law firms for about 5-6 years I would say about 70 percent of lawyers hold up to all stereotypes and they are the good workers. other 30 who are normal sane people hate being lawyers and move into other industries frequently .the turn over rate for lawyers is ridiculous also. I'll elaborate further if you would like?
Please do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom