• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I must be getting old. I didn't buy anything during a steam sale. Only a few weeks until the christmas sale though.

Yagharek

Um, the whole point of the deposit is that you don't get it back if you cancel. Most stores are nice enough to return it to you as store credit, so you should be able to get that...

You can always get back a deposit.

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting, your comment just caught my eye.

I just spent 45 hours in hospital thanks to gastro. Not fucking fun AT ALL.

Morphine didn't help either.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
You can always get back a deposit.

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting, your comment just caught my eye.

I just spent 45 hours in hospital thanks to gastro. Not fucking fun AT ALL.

Morphine didn't help either.

That sucks. I had bad gastro last year, turned into pneumonia after 3 days in hospital and added a week to my stay. The morphine was bloody fantastic.

Yagharek

I was getting mad stomach cramps and morphine is apparently a smooth muscle constrictor. It was like someone tightened the vice an extra swivel just for kicks.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I was getting mad stomach cramps and morphine is apparently a smooth muscle constrictor. It was like someone tightened the vice an extra swivel just for kicks.

ouch :( I was in so much pain when I hit the emergency room. I had a helicopter flight down to Melbourne to look forward too so they hit me with a decent shot of Morphine. It worked perfectly. Normally morphine is pretty awesome but getting those cramps to stop was FANTASTIC.

Plus, AWESOME HELICOPTER RIDE.

Yagharek

ouch :( I was in so much pain when I hit the emergency room. I had a helicopter flight down to Melbourne to look forward too so they hit me with a decent shot of Morphine. It worked perfectly. Normally morphine is pretty awesome but getting those cramps to stop was FANTASTIC.

Plus, AWESOME HELICOPTER RIDE.

I had a good injection of something first up, which worked well for an hour but they cant give you it again for another 8 hours. Then they tried morphine which made me dizzy and didnt stop the pain. Panadol IV (a new hope) helped though.

Shaneus

Dunno if anyone linked this already, but bugger it, I did earlier today in IRC. :p

Cheetah slow motion, tis excellent - http://vimeo.com/53914149
That's pretty fucking incredible. I can't believe just how much time *isn't* spent with it being in contact with the ground. It must be around 0% or something.

Ridiculous, but beautiful and amazing. Thanks :)

Edit: Fuck, I thought I posted this here. I have a new favourite (web) comic. Presenting Nedroid:
z93T0.gif

Yagharek

Hey guys, guys. Mitchell Johnson is back in the Australian Test Squad.

That is a further disappointment after the draw today.

Bird: 13.3 overs, 6 wickets, 25 runs.
Bird: 4.0 overs, 1 wicket, 16 runs.
Johnson: 30 overs, 4 wickets, 103 runs.

And they pick the shit one again.

Kritz

Banned
Has anyone decided who's making the next thread? Because I'm semi-interested in giving it a shot.

Unless Vooks wants to return to the throne.

Dead Man

Just bought DX:HR on steam even though I can't run it and already have it on console. :/

Edit: I vote Kritz for new threadrunner. What's the worst that can happen?

Kirby102

Got a reply from VOOK:

VOOK said:
I'm banned until December 12th for a most stupid ban. Obviously I won't be back into time for it. Sorry guys, not sure what I did deserves a month ban but I don't really care anymore, I'm only disappointed I can't post in here and make the thread. Enjoy your Wii U guys.

Damn. D:

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JB's Wii U plans are go.

Premium - $399
Basic - $299

And apparently if you go premium you can grab one of the following games for $40.

- 30 Family Games
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
- Marvel: Avengers
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- FIFA12
- Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
- Just Dance 4
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Sports Connection

JB Melbourne City, Doncaster, Chirnside, Shepparton, Knox, Eastland, and Chadstone are all doing midnight launches.

Clipper

Then who was camera?!
The guy who came up to collect our empty glasses.

JB's Wii U plans are go.

Premium - $399
Basic - $299

And apparently if you go premium you can grab one of the following games for $40.

- 30 Family Games
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
- Marvel: Avengers
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- FIFA12
- Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
- Just Dance 4
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Sports Connection

JB Melbourne City, Doncaster, Chirnside, Shepparton, Knox, Eastland, and Chadstone are all doing midnight launches.

We already knew the midnight launch info and prices from yesterday, but the discounted game info is new. Perhaps I'll pick up Tank! Tank! Tank! as I'm not really interested in any of those other games.

legend166

So in the process of going through my stuff and preparing for the move on the weekend, I found all my old school stuff.

It's pretty hilarious. Pretty much every creative writing piece of did from ages 10 - 14 involved cricket in some way. I even found one from year six, and the topic was 'The Forgotten Dog'. I got a bad mark and the comment from my teacher was "This is really a story about cricket and not a forgotten dog."

Then I found another one, and the opening line was "The year was 2457. John and Fred were out in the street playing the ancient game of cricket."

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So in the process of going through my stuff and preparing for the move on the weekend, I found all my old school stuff.

It's pretty hilarious. Pretty much every creative writing piece of did from ages 10 - 14 involved cricket in some way. I even found one from year six, and the topic was 'The Forgotten Dog'. I got a bad mark and the comment from my teacher was "This is really a story about cricket and not a forgotten dog."

Then I found another one, and the opening line was "The year was 2457. John and Fred were out in the street playing the ancient game of cricket."

:lol

Fredescu

This post reminded me of this old chestnut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKa2mp5ePes

That's pretty awesome. I had a laugh at the this is a story about cricket and not a forgotten dog comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom