• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

LOL, the real estate agent is my sis's bf's bro.

Hook me up man! =P

Quiet you. And why do we have more Tasmanians than Adelaidians now? :(

We still need to do RadGAF... every time it's suggested people just pretend they didn't see the post >_>

Who's going to PAX Australia?

I'll be there, picked up Saturday passes for the myself and the missus a while ago.

Damn it. I just spent money. Bond Collection BR for $130 shipped.

So jealous. At least I still have my James Bond DVD Briefcase.

Fuuuck, my brother was just showing me some pictures from Queenscliff Music Festival.

The Beards played :(

My missus used to work with the lead singer, he's a great bloke. They all are really, just having a great time and now they're quite popular and famous haha.

Lumia 920, Nexus 4 and Galaxy S3 seem the popular alternatives.

I've found a buyer for my iPhone 4 so I'm hopefully getting an S3 this week.

Shaneus

urgh. awful.
Ugh, I know. I doth protested not enough when it was created.
i nominate choc for thread maker
I don't think you're in any position to make any calls whatsoever in regards to the new thread.

I think Gazunta should. Or Vooks :(

My missus used to work with the lead singer, he's a great bloke. They all are really, just having a great time and now they're quite popular and famous haha.
Yeah, looking at the (limited) footage my brother took as well as their live performance stuff (the one they did for JJJ, for example) all the guys seem like pretty awesome dudes.

jambo

I could do the new thread...

GIFs abound!

NSW introducing the Opal Card for transport.

The MetroCard system in Adelaide has been going great.

The online top up system isn't live yet, but I haven't had any problem with my card and you can even check your logs to see what buses and what times you travelled.

And now, after a short delay... Sydgaf!

(if anyone's uncomfortable I'll take it down)

I only got 5 minutes of Dannoss =[

Fredescu

Ugh, I know. I doth protested not enough when it was created.
You know, all you had to do was make a new thread and get people to move to it. Hanging back and waiting for someone else to do shit is why Holy has snagged the last two threads.

Whoever wants to make the new thread should just make it. Since Kritz actually expressed interest in doing it I think he should, since nominating other people just results in more indecision and more HolyCheck thread titles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We already knew the midnight launch info and prices from yesterday, but the discounted game info is new. Perhaps I'll pick up Tank! Tank! Tank! as I'm not really interested in any of those other games.

Ahh, I didn't see it. I can't find a source for the $40 game bundle, but that's what I'm hearing.

Only Tekken interests me, but I'm going to pass. ZombiU and NSMBU will do me well enough.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You know, all you had to do was make a new thread and get people to move to it. Hanging back and waiting for someone else to do shit is why Holy has snagged the last two threads.

Whoever wants to make the new thread should just make it. Since Kritz actually expressed interest in doing it I think he should, since nominating other people just results in more indecision and more HolyCheck thread titles.

i didnt even want this one. i did it because no one else did and people were telling me to

ffs

Shaneus

He created it a good number of posts (around 100 I think? Possibly more?) before the thread was due to be closed off. I would've done it myself if I knew someone was going to jump on it that early :(

Bullshit. You did it early and you did it for the attention =P
This is true.

Got a reply from VOOK:

Damn. D:
NO-ONE DO ANY NEW POSTS UNTIL 12th OF DECEMBER
JUST KEEP EDITING OUR OLD POSTS TO COMMUNICATE

How did he get banned for that when everyone else made the same joke?
Nintendo hating mod.

So in the process of going through my stuff and preparing for the move on the weekend, I found all my old school stuff.

It's pretty hilarious. Pretty much every creative writing piece of did from ages 10 - 14 involved cricket in some way. I even found one from year six, and the topic was 'The Forgotten Dog'. I got a bad mark and the comment from my teacher was "This is really a story about cricket and not a forgotten dog."

Then I found another one, and the opening line was "The year was 2457. John and Fred were out in the street playing the ancient game of cricket."
LOL that is awesome. Should collect them into a book, I can see people paying for something like that. All my old stories always revolved around Sonic the Hedgehog in the end. I could even draw him pretty well back then. :)

Reptile is the most prolific poster, thus it is his duty.

AusGAF 8: Eight is Enough.
I would be up for getting involved. Maybe another Paint masterpiece.

AusGAF 8: ARE WE CUNTING ADULTS YET OR NOT?!?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hot Chip are amazing Serrels, not need to tone down the love.

Dead Man

We still need to do RadGAF... every time it's suggested people just pretend they didn't see the post >_>

Yes we do. I'm working 6 days a week at the momemnt, but I'll have a lot oat my roster and post up what days work for me for Dec/Jan.

Also, I will be in Melbourne 27-29 Dec if any gaffers need to go get a beer.

After spending my Sunday at a 2 year olds birthday party in Ballarat on the weekend I am thinking of pushing my luck for a FAMILY FREE DAYE next week, maybe on the Friday to head to Melbourne/Geelong to catch up with friends, maybe even a few GAFfers.

Or maybe I will just sit around the house and think about playing video games but not go any further than charge up the controller batterys. Not sure yet.

But fuck, if my internet at home isn't up and running while I am on a weeks leave I'm not sure what I would do!

Mistle

JB's Wii U plans are go.

Premium - $399
Basic - $299

And apparently if you go premium you can grab one of the following games for $40.

- 30 Family Games
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
- Marvel: Avengers
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- FIFA12
- Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
- Just Dance 4
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Sports Connection

JB Melbourne City, Doncaster, Chirnside, Shepparton, Knox, Eastland, and Chadstone are all doing midnight launches.

I preordered at EB as I traded in some old games (they had a 30% bonus deal when put towards a Wii U), but luckily they said they'll match JB/Kmart's prices on both the console and games. So that's great.

Also I live in Shepparton, and it looks so out of place on that list haha! Never would have guessed there was demand here.

Kritz

Banned
So I'm thinking something like

dk1JJ.png

or

but with the triangle having the neogaf N logo.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of not having photoshop installed.

Fredescu

He created it a good number of posts (around 100 I think? Possibly more?) before the thread was due to be closed off. I would've done it myself if I knew someone was going to jump on it that early :(
I mean, make a new new thread, after this one had already been made. People were complaining about it on the first page, including you, but no one wanted to do anything about it. There's nothing official about these threads, they just happen by consensus.

I preordered at EB as I traded in some old games (they had a 30% bonus deal when put towards a Wii U), but luckily they said they'll match JB/Kmart's prices on both the console and games. So that's great.

Also I live in Shepparton, and it looks so out of place on that list haha! Never would have guessed there was demand here.

They don't do it by demand. EB head office picks the biggest in a region to have midnight launches. Guys at the one near me said they're expecting like 10 people max.

jambo

Yes we do. I'm working 6 days a week at the momemnt, but I'll have a lot oat my roster and post up what days work for me for Dec/Jan.

Also, I will be in Melbourne 27-29 Dec if any gaffers need to go get a beer.

Cool.

I'm away for a bit around New Year as well, but I do have 2 weeks off work. I also never work weekends.

I mean, make a new new thread, after this one had already been made. People were complaining about it on the first page, including you, but no one wanted to do anything about it. There's nothing official about these threads, they just happen by consensus.

It would be rude to make another thread before AusGAF 7 reached 30,000 posts though! Shitty title or not!

Fredescu

It would be rude to make another thread before AusGAF 7 reached 30,000 posts though! Shitty title or not!
I don't care about the thread title personally, but if people were actually as pissed off about it as they claim to be (which I doubt!), it was the most obvious course of action to get the title and OP they wanted.

Shaneus

Ahahaha, I was such a cunt back then.

It was totally justified.

Wait,., 30k? I thought it was 20, rep?

If we had another 10k to go on 6... argh

Fred: Fair enough, but at the time it's generally not easiest to think like that because everyone jumps in the thread as soon as it's created. Hard to get everyone out of a thread and into a new one when said existing thread isn't locked. Anyway, what's done is done. It's been a dark part of our lives and we now know never to let Holy create another AusGAF thread again.

Yagharek

JB's Wii U plans are go.

Premium - $399
Basic - $299

And apparently if you go premium you can grab one of the following games for $40.

- 30 Family Games
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
- Marvel: Avengers
- Ben 10: Omniverse
- FIFA12
- Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
- Just Dance 4
- Tank! Tank! Tank!
- Sports Connection

JB Melbourne City, Doncaster, Chirnside, Shepparton, Knox, Eastland, and Chadstone are all doing midnight launches.

Bolded the only good third part effort out of launch games (excluding zombi and scribblenauts).

Yagharek

I really cracked the shits with bad/unreliable hardware this gen. Nintendo made probably the only reliable bit of kit until the PS3/360 slims, and at least they got it right first time.

There are a few issues that have made me think it might be wiser to sit back and wait until early next year. Mainly OS lockups, battery life of the tablet and the worry regarding repairs/accounts locked to hw. I think I would like to see some clarification on what is going on.

Mostly the problems that seem to have been happening are going through a GAF filter and that kind of makes it hard to tell how prominent or widespread they are, since a few people are notorious for exaggeration (eg the 5GB update lies persisting well after the facts).

Lots of FUD going around, but I don't know what to believe. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom