• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
Having my stitches and ear packing removed in about 10 minutes. Last time I remember being in so much pain I accidentally broke some rather expensive doctors equipment when I was screaming my 12 year old heart out. Time to see if it's as bad as I remember.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Woah. Looks like I'll be getting it from Kmart.

Any idea when it'll be available for sale on Friday? Midnight? 9am-ish?

I assume the Nintendo Experience at EB in Melbourne will do a midnight launch, otherwise it will depend on the store I assume. I can't see many places being open at midnight on a Thursday.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I assume the Nintendo Experience at EB in Melbourne will do a midnight launch, otherwise it will depend on the store I assume. I can't see many places being open at midnight on a Thursday.

Yep they have a sign up saying they will be doing it. I'm gonna walk past after seeing major lazer and take my 3ds just to get some street passes lol.

Picking up mine from jbhifi on Friday during lunch! cant wait

Anyone have any experience with overseas calling cards. Any really good ones, or are they all much of a muchness.

Also I'd rather be anywhere but at work today, not in the mood for morons today.

INTERNET IS BACK ON AT WORK SHALIGIONSOENORH
Still not back on for residents though.

Bond Blu Ray collection, 22 movies, from the UK so they will actually work here! $101 delivered
Married With Children DVD collection, 32 discs! $30 delivered!
The Wiggles farewell tour tickets in Melbourne/Adelaide only $27!
PS3 Blu Ray remote for $20 from DSE
Hitman Sniper Challenge for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Steamkey

At $299 I'm starting to crack.
Don't get the gimped one, need that bigger storage inside the damn thing!

You said GAMES. GAMESSSSSSS. more than one!
If you have PSN+ for PS3 you basically get the other best games for the Vita!

So like my friend is asking me to organise his festivities for his birthday bash, and he wants a jumping castle. SydGAF, can anyone suggest me anywhere that does adult jumping castles?

It's a weird request, but I think it would be rather interesting :p
Yellow Pages most likely. We got sumo suits along with a jumping castle last time, sooo much fun in the rain. Especially when using both at once!

I knew I'd hate factory work but holy shit. I hate factory work. unloading trucks are ok but anything else is bullshit.
I'm the opposite, wish I could go back to my awesome factory job and get out of this stupid office :(

Couldn't be any worse than the Myki. Seriously. They'd have to try pretty damned hard to make it worse, and comparing it to Oyster and Octopus is a good start.
They also named it something starting with O!

Anyone have any experience with overseas calling cards. Any really good ones, or are they all much of a muchness.
I used to use them a few years back and they were all basically the same call rates. Which means a fuckload cheaper than the normal carriers here. Calling my gf in America was cheaper than calling my parents :/

Rezbit

So..for Planetside 2..do I need to delete and start over?

Up to you mate. At this point I'd say we're not going to get everyone on the same team, as some people don't want to go on certain teams and some don't want to move. We probably won't play that much together anyway, so yeah.

teekun

The only reason I think this wasn't done in Melbourne is that I'm pretty sure a bunch of dodgy deals were done with a company that promised the earth.

Yup. And justified it by using Melbournes transport zones as a bullshit reason why they couldn't just adapt some existing system.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yep they have a sign up saying they will be doing it. I'm gonna walk past after seeing major lazer and take my 3ds just to get some street passes lol.

Picking up mine from jbhifi on Friday during lunch! cant wait

MAJOR LAZER IS PLAYING IN MELBOURNE?

WHAT WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME

Ydahs

The Kmart near my house is open 24/7, but I don't actually know whether they'll sell it straight away at midnight.

Guess I'll call them later in the week and find out.

Clipper

I have a pre-order with JB, but there is a K-Mart just down the road. K-Mart opens at 8am and JB opens at 9:30am. It's certainly tempting to just rock up and see if I can score one at K-Mart, cancelling the JB pre-order if so and using the deposit to buy NSMBU instead...

Shaneus

Fucking company didn't make the performance "gate" this year, so no Christmas or performance bonus this year, despite completing all my objectives.

Fuck you, employer. And the grand I missed out on.

so has anyone ever preordered from EB online and needed to cancel? What hoops do you need to jump through in order to get you deposit back in full?

teekun

Man, WiiU preorders seem like serious business. Hopefully in a few months when Monster Hunter comes out and I actually want one, they'll be easy to pick up from anywhere.

Fucking company didn't make the performance "gate" this year, so no Christmas or performance bonus this year, despite completing all my objectives.

Been there, done that, will do again. Sorry to hear it, Shaneus.

I know I won't get one this year because I haven't been told what the majority of my KPIs were this year. That's always a good sign, right?

Clipper

so has anyone ever preordered from EB online and needed to cancel? What hoops do you need to jump through in order to get you deposit back in full?

Um, the whole point of the deposit is that you don't get it back if you cancel. Most stores are nice enough to return it to you as store credit, so you should be able to get that...

Edit: In any case, it seems you just need to contact them, according to this.

Rlan

Two weeks ago I ordered a copy of Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed for the Xbox 360 The order appeared to have disappeared from sight despite claiming to be roughly 10KM away from where I was in the first place. I had spoken to both EB and Auspost regarding the issue, in which they were quite helpful in trying to find the issue.

So I received my item today after all these issues, but from this I've found something even more mindblowing -- the item had already been opened (despite being a brand new game), and somehow the game's slip cover had been replaced with a forged, colour printing of the game's cover.

sasasr.jpg

You can clearly see that the colouring of the cover is completely wrong, and you can see the cover has been cut out from a printer with scissors. The game, instructions and code card seem fine, but I'm going to assume someone's nicked the game at some point, opened it up, played the game, replaced the cover, and possibly used the code card.

This is completely unacceptable and I'm quite frustrated at the whole ordeal. I'm not sure who is responsible -- a jerk from either EB Games or Auspost, but I want something done about this. I purchased a brand new game, and somehow the game had become opened and the cover cheaply replaced? This seems completely Bananas.

I've sent a message to EB Games now and I'm sure they're going to help me out with this one, but man, this is fucked.

Um, the whole point of the deposit is that you don't get it back if you cancel. Most stores are nice enough to return it to you as store credit, so you should be able to get that...

Edit: In any case, it seems you just need to contact them, according to this.

yeah, I might just wear the difference, having $100 of EB credit would be next to useless to me. I'll buy the games from K mart.

markot

Banned
Whats great about 5 day cricket is that one team can be much better, but still they tie cause its all over in 5 days. Because 6 would be silly and 4 would be mental.

Jintor

Two weeks ago I ordered a copy of Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed for the Xbox 360 The order appeared to have disappeared from sight despite claiming to be roughly 10KM away from where I was in the first place. I had spoken to both EB and Auspost regarding the issue, in which they were quite helpful in trying to find the issue.

So I received my item today after all these issues, but from this I've found something even more mindblowing -- the item had already been opened (despite being a brand new game), and somehow the game's slip cover had been replaced with a forged, colour printing of the game's cover.

sasasr.jpg

You can clearly see that the colouring of the cover is completely wrong, and you can see the cover has been cut out from a printer with scissors. The game, instructions and code card seem fine, but I'm going to assume someone's nicked the game at some point, opened it up, played the game, replaced the cover, and possibly used the code card.

This is completely unacceptable and I'm quite frustrated at the whole ordeal. I'm not sure who is responsible -- a jerk from either EB Games or Auspost, but I want something done about this. I purchased a brand new game, and somehow the game had become opened and the cover cheaply replaced? This seems completely Bananas.

I've sent a message to EB Games now and I'm sure they're going to help me out with this one, but man, this is fucked.

reddit that shit too in /r/aus or whatever

Don't get the gimped one, need that bigger storage inside the damn thing!

Well as I wouldn't be using the eshop etc it seems kind of pointless.

I feel your pain. From what I've heard I'll be in the same boat. If they give us a tolken bonus I think I'll snap.

It kind of makes you think twice about busting your ass compared with just doing what's expected.

Clipper

Come on JB, you're still $20 over the K-Mart price... Let me drop the starter pack thingy to fully match the price, please...

Also, wow on the pricing of the Standard edition ($299). It's rather tempting to just buy that and NintendoLand separately now! And that's matching the K-Mart price too... damn, drop that Deluxe price!

Come on JB, you're still $20 over the K-Mart price... Let me drop the starter pack thingy to fully match the price, please...

Also, wow on the pricing of the Standard edition ($299). It's rather tempting to just buy that and NintendoLand separately now! And that's matching the K-Mart price too... damn, drop that Deluxe price!

Yeah the sub $300 price has sparked my interest again. I rememeber paying 349 for a 3ds and Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom