• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Hitler waited too long to invade Russia.

His tactical error was invading them in the first place. But I fail to see the relevance to waiting. I bought PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, PS2, PSP and Dreamcast at launch. I think it might be time to sit launches out. Save some money for once and make a fully informed decision.

I think I might even wait til all 3 consoles have been out a year before deciding to buy one.

Also theyre not that bad, but theyre nothing like you guys hyped them up to be. Fleh at best. Like Ricki lee.

Kookas gave me headaches. Like ricky lee songs would I guess, assuming they are stock standard auto-tuned pop abortions like the rest of the shit the music industry peddles.

markot

Banned
Reminds me of all those technical faults my nintendo consoles and handhelds have had through history.

Oh wait no, THATS ZERO. EVERRRRRRRRRRRR.

Or that nintendo console or hand held I really regretted purchasing.

Oh wait! Whats that? Never happened and never will?! Do go on!

Even the 'failure' of the Gamecube was probably one of my favourite evers.

And Super Mario Sunshine and The Wind Waker are the some of the finest installments in their respective franchies. And we got the best F Zero and SSB game. Not to mention other stuff!

Shaneus

PS. Did anyone else start reading Nedroid when I told them to?

No?

Fuck you all. It's the funniest, most obscure comic I've read in a really fucking long time. You should all check it out.

And no links. I'm pulling a Holy on this one, you can look for it yourself.

Yagharek

If the next Xbox cheevo score is flaunted more boldly I will probably be day one again :/

And day 366 and day 799 when they inevitably fall to pieces :(

Hahaha. Like I said, wait a year. The Wii U launch sounds like it has its own problems. Time will tell if they are OS issues and easy to fix, or hw issues and need time to fix. PS4/XB3 will have the same potential problems, assuming worst case scenario that they both go and rush to market again without full QA.

That said, I might not wait at all for XB3. I doubt I can muster up even an ounce of faith in their hardware again. Sony I might give the time to see how PS4 turns out. Maybe a Valve box will come out too. I would look at that.

What do you do though? Trust any of them? Jump in day one and take the risk? I think I might be done with that. I might be better off getting stuck into Paper Mario TTYD for once and Xenoblade.

I'm not sure if I just feel this way after a shit week and some interesting painkillers, with the stress of other things going on. But at the end of it all I'm not certain so waiting is probably best.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The free Gold Classics Pack DLC for NSMB2 is up on the eStore.

Fucking hell. $8 in the GAME closing down sale 2 years ago. Quantum of Solace on 360. By Treyarch. Runs at single digits frames more often than not (okay more like 15fps but feels like I'm having a stroke ffs). Makes Blood Stone look like a masterpiece. "Inspired" by the movies story. Illogical cell phones left everywhere. What the fuck am I doing with my Tuesday and where is some alcohol when I need it.

5/5 - don't ducking play it

Kritz

Banned
Welp, I just had my first successful test of my new multiplayer game. And by 'multiplayer', I mean that multiple people controlled a single player, and by 'game', I mean you got to click GUI buttons that moved the player a tiny bit in a direction.

I am very excited to see how well I can make an actual multi-user game.

The free Gold Classics Pack DLC for NSMB2 is up on the eStore.
I read that as "Free Gold Class Pack DLC' and thought "what the fuck to cinema tickets have to do with Mario?" I feel stupid.

However, A New Contender Appears...

Fucking hell. $8 in the GAME closing down sale 2 years ago. Quantum of Solace on 360. By Treyarch. Runs at single digits frames more often than not (okay more like 15fps but feels like I'm having a stroke ffs). Makes Blood Stone look like a masterpiece. "Inspired" by the movies story. Illogical cell phones left everywhere. What the fuck am I doing with my Tuesday and where is some alcohol when I need it.

5/5 - don't ducking play it
It was universally panned and you should feel bad that you still picked it up. You make me feel smart and happy to be me.

I'm never happy to be me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Why would you buy Timtams over Kookas unless your objective was to poison your first born?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Hahaha. Like I said, wait a year. The Wii U launch sounds like it has its own problems. Time will tell if they are OS issues and easy to fix, or hw issues and need time to fix. PS4/XB3 will have the same potential problems, assuming worst case scenario that they both go and rush to market again without full QA.

That said, I might not wait at all for XB3. I doubt I can muster up even an ounce of faith in their hardware again. Sony I might give the time to see how PS4 turns out. Maybe a Valve box will come out too. I would look at that.

What do you do though? Trust any of them? Jump in day one and take the risk? I think I might be done with that. I might be better off getting stuck into Paper Mario TTYD for once and Xenoblade.

I'm not sure if I just feel this way after a shit week and some interesting painkillers, with the stress of other things going on. But at the end of it all I'm not certain so waiting is probably best.

For me its going to be hard not to get the xbox at launch (Still rocking my launch 360) and I have played that probably more than any console I have ever owned. The ps4... I'll wait. I only enjoyed the Uncharted games this gen and got rid of my ps3 a year ago.

The Valve Box though? If they do announce that then i'll be all over it.

Yagharek

Seriously, they are. I had some based on AusGAF's recommendation and I wish I didn't spend the money. They went to waste.

Same here. They're like some cheap and nasty shortbread with cheap and nasty fake jam.

Why would you buy Timtams over Kookas unless your objective was to poison your first born?

Why would you buy kookas unless your objective was to wipe out humanity? Tim tams are awesome and can be used as straws. Kookas are handy at filling the top shelf at a supermarket along with digestives and dick smith biscuits.

I bet you arseholes don't like fruit cake either

Fruit cake is fine. What makes you think kookas are?

For me its going to be hard not to get the xbox at launch (Still rocking my launch 360) and I have played that probably more than any console I have ever owned. The ps4... I'll wait. I only enjoyed the Uncharted games this gen and got rid of my ps3 a year ago.

The Valve Box though? If they do announce that then i'll be all over it.

A valve box would want to come with HL3 though. On launch day.

EatChildren

I'm pretty confident that if any of the big three dominate next generation (Asian regions excluded) it will be Microsoft. Neither Nintendo nor Sony can get their shit together and both seem totally detached from non-Asian markets. When Microsoft gets their shit together they knock it out of the park, as a service, hardware, and software provider.

EDIT: Kookas should be compulsory dining for every NeoGAF member.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Timtams are ok. Cooka's are nice. What are those ones with the passionfruit cream centre? Country Style or something? Those things are BOSS.

Yagharek

I'm pretty confident that if any of the big three dominate next generation (Asian regions excluded) it will be Microsoft. Neither Nintendo nor Sony can get their shit together and both seem totally detached from non-Asian markets. When Microsoft gets their shit together they knock it out of the park, as a service, hardware, and software provider.

Personally I'm not concerned with who dominates or sells best or whatever. It's interesting to see what the trends are, sure, but as far as what system to get goes, it doesn't bother me. I would say my main criteria are:

* Reliability and build quality
* Software (quality and diversity)
* Reputation/good will carried over from previous system
* Value for money
* Performance

I'm slightly concerned Wii U is dropping the ball on 1 and 5 at this stage. Time will tell.

Also, hasnt PSP still outsold PS3 and 360 LTD?

markot

Banned

Microsoft? Ahahaha! And next up, windows 8 that isnt an awful hybridised bastardised and sanitised mess of awfulness!

Microsoft will be the first 'console maker' to bow out. Mark my words. Copy paste them and send them to the cloud!

All 3 have had an awesome generation, even Sony in the end.

Microsoft have come a long way and will need to reallllllly fuck up bad to bow out in the next generation or two.

Gazunta

All MS need to do is whisper Crackdown 3 and they can have a lifetime supply of all my monies.

Thinking back out all, man, I really got a lot of fun out of being an Xbox 360 owner. Crackdown. Space Giraffe. Burnout Paradise. Street Fighter IV. Daytona USA. Perfect Dark XBLA. Worms and Worms 2. Super Street Fighter IV. Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts. POKER SMASH, FUCK ME POKER SMASH. Pinball FX 2. Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Crackdown 2. Stacking. Trials HD. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. Beatles Rock Band. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Child of Eden...

...oh yeah and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.

But more than anything, the 360 let me work with some insanely talented people at Krome and Microsoft on lots of great projects, and for that I'll always be grateful.

Nedroid is amazing. Heathens!

markot

Banned
But you like unfunny things?

If I dont like something then its not funny. Ive never liked something that was unfunny.

When people say 'sense of humour' thats ME! Im like a comedy canary going down to the coal mines to warn people of Jimeon and the 7pm project. Except instead of dying I make an 'eww' face and then they clear out.

There is a direct correlation between how much I post, and how much I shouldnt be posting cause I should be doing other things >_<;

Danoss

Will try to post photos of our recent trip to Japan here since someone asked about them...

What's your geotag setup? I was thinking of getting something like a Garmin e-Trex 10. I haven't looked at the software side much, and have only heard of GeoSetter and GPicSync.

Also, more pics from your trip would be cool.

Omikron

edit: just to make sure I'm not sounding obnoxious, I'm only saying that all platforms have problems and none are hassle free.

Nah I understand, its nice to have you back tbh to get into discussions ;)

I 100% agree that no 1 model / platform is perfect. But I disagree with the rest of your assertions, particularly relating to PC's issues. I think they are wildly over blown and overstated. Hence my argument.

Who knows, that might change, but I don't see how at present.

Also: Sick child is sick poor kid. Think I changed the worst nappy in ~6 months tonight.

Shaneus

The way you started that sentence, I thought "the big three" were going to be Kookas, Tim Tams and Digestives.

Also, Gazunta has good taste in webcomics. And I'd know.

Also also, he has great taste in Poker Smashes. Do you have it on iOS, Gaz? I do! I should contact the guy on GAF who made it, see if he wants to make it more awesome. I don't think I've fired it up since I got my retina-screened iPhone (played it on the 3GS heaps).

Yagharek

Nah I understand, its nice to have you back tbh to get into discussions ;)

I 100% agree that no 1 model / platform is perfect. But I disagree with the rest of your assertions, particularly relating to PC's issues. I think they are wildly over blown and overstated. Hence my argument.

Who knows, that might change, but I don't see how at present.

I wouldn't say I'm overblowing it. I would accept that the issue of installs/patches/annual $2000 upgrades is overblown in the realm of "PC-as-gaming-system" debates go, but I wasn't making those forms of the arguments.

Maybe you're just sick of hearing the same words in the same way I get sick of hearing people say "kiddy" with respect to nintendo. Who knows. It wasn't my intent to hit those notes, rather I just find that some of those things inherent with PC are things I personally don't like dealing with.

The worst kind of cake.

Alright, this deserves a paddling.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom