• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOOK I demand you research and write a book focusing on the cabal of studios that Nintendo have at their fingertips. Reading the wiki's for them fascinate the fuck out of me. So many incredible stories and incredible games, to have such impressive stock would lead to so many amazing stories and interview opportunities. No other platform holder or publisher continues to have success in such a similar way, even Microsoft dismantled its stable at the beginning of this generation. Ubi have their megastudios but that is more of a consolidation effort rather than having autonomous studios that have constant support and manpower pushed into them at important times. I don't particularly have many Nintendo games that grab me like they did as a kid due to my change in tastes through the years but I can't help but be engrossed in their business structure. Jintor can do some interviews in exchange for some Wii or 3DS shovelware!

I have a shocking admission to make, I haven't played any Walking Deads yet. Can I all the episodes in a single package? Or do I have to get them individually like a sucker?
Think of it as a single package, they call it a season pass as they plop out the 5 episodes as they go along rather than all at once, which actually really helps the pacing in this game compared to ToMI.

It was $15 on Steam and Amazon recently. I'll keep an eye out for sales, GMG is a big chance.

Otherwise the retail release is imminent! Most likely with a bunch of extras that Digital people don't get.

EDIT: Currently $12.50 for the Mac version on Amazon! 50% sure it activates both Windows AND Mac versions as that was the case with the Civ5 expansion but maybe check the GAF Steam thread! CONFRIMED MAC VERSION ACTIVATES PC VERSION TOO ON STEAM FOR $12.50.

(I recently dropped every single one of the webcomics I used to read because I don't find webcomic humour to be that funny anymore.)
I still have them all bookmarked but the only one I feel the need to check is Sam & Fuzzy but due to the longgggggg storyline runs I always want to wait until another story is done so I can enjoy the awesome all at once!

I should checkout Dr. McNinja again, same story there. Too awesome, doesn't update with a new comic page every hour.

this just in: do not buy Hitman Absolution.
The RPS Wot I Think made my wallet cry out with joy.
Until Easter Sales you basterd.
Just you wait Mr Stinky Leather.

I had it in for ages.
So did your Mum.

Yagharek

So did your Mum.

Burn

Question for AusGAF Vita owners:

What are the following games like?

Wipeout 2048
Shinobido 2
Everybody's Golf
Katamari
Little Kings Story

What size memory cards are there and what else would you recommend considering?

(n.b this isn't a shopping list, this is a list for comparison and trying to make a decision over what to do)

jambo

WipEout is awesome on the Vita, I put a lot of hours in to it before handing the Vita off to the missus. Highly recommended!

Do you have PSN+ Vince? Factor that into the Vita too since they expanded it to include the Vita at no extra cost. Free Wipeout!

Virtue's Last Stand sounds like a must have if you like 999 or Hotel Dusk.

Yagharek

Do you have PSN+ Vince? Factor that into the Vita too since they expanded it to include the Vita at no extra cost. Free Wipeout!

Virtue's Last Stand sounds like a must have if you like 999 or Hotel Dusk.

I have VLR coming on 3DS in the mail as we speak.
I don't have PSN+, but I assume that as a rental service (I'm more comfortable with that concept now than previously) it would be a good way to sample the odd "AAA" game which I have zero interest in buying. A game like Wipeout (I have HD Fury already) is the kind of game I would buy outright though.

Yagharek

Can someone also explain what/how online passes on PSV work? And memory cards - is 32GB the biggest in the proprietary format so far? What sort of space does a PS1 game take up (eg FF7).

Can someone also explain what/how online passes on PSV work? And memory cards - is 32GB the biggest in the proprietary format so far? What sort of space does a PS1 game take up (eg FF7).

Online passes work the same as on other systems: load uo the store and redeem the code. PS1 games range from maybe a couple hundred meg to a bit over a gig for multi-discers. I think the 3D FFs were like 1.3GB.

Would you guys have any recommendations for a good (affordable) surround sound system? Should I start with a 2.1 and expand later? I've been looking at 7.1 gaming headsets but that seems like a bad idea.

Batman Trilogy Limited Edition Gift Set $44 at Big W
Already own the other 2 and it is cheaper from overseas but I might pick this up this weekend :)

I have VLR coming on 3DS in the mail as we speak.
I don't have PSN+, but I assume that as a rental service (I'm more comfortable with that concept now than previously) it would be a good way to sample the odd "AAA" game which I have zero interest in buying. A game like Wipeout (I have HD Fury already) is the kind of game I would buy outright though.
Yeah PSN+ is the perfect "ooooooooh that looks interesting, I'll give a burl for 2 hours" way to get some time with games you might not pick up at retail prices.

No idea but this is the biggest issue stopping me buying a Vita at the moment (aside from poverty). I want to just dump EVERYTHING on it. Having a 60GB PS3 has given me the irites as now it is full and I don't know what to delete as I haven't played anything yet :/

Little King Story was a fantastic Wii game, but I've heard the Vita port isn't nearly as good.
Was more of a remake/revision than a port, certainly didn't seem must have but I would LOVE to have LKS on the go so it will get a purchase at the $20ish mark.

Would you guys have any recommendations for a good (affordable) surround sound system? Should I start with a 2.1 and expand later? I've been looking at 7.1 gaming headsets but that seems like a bad idea.
The basic 5.1 Logitech for like $99 on special is a great option for the PC. Also I love my G930 headphones for 7.1ish.

SHOCKED

Yagharek

I've been using a logitech z5500 for about 7 years. Cheapish, it has optical in and support THX, DPLII and DTS. What exactly I couldn't tell you, I'm not an audiophile.

Of course it will only output stereo for a Wii U which is one of my concerns. I have no way of getting surround sound now without handing out money for an hdmi receiver or a new stereo system.

Yagharek

Three other Vita questions:

1. What's the battery life like? (Anyone who has one and a 3DSXL to compare would be an excellent source of info here)
2. Is the battery removable?
3. Any benefits to getting the 3G version or is the wifi one enough (that's all I'd consider at this stage)
4. Bonus question: is Australia/EU getting a white one? And is the black one a fingerprint magnet or is it matte enough?

Still hopeful some Shinobido 2 impressions will surface. I loved Tenchu back on PS1, and I hear its made by the same people.

Omikron

Do you game at a PC or in the lounge?

PC I would go headphones every day of the week.

senahorse

I swap between the two in my study, sometimes headphones, sometimes z5500's

The same with gaming in the rumpus or lounge. If I am using voice chat though, ALWAYS headphones.

Shaneus

Fuck, I just realised I have $150 "eftpos" gift certificate/card thing for my 10 year tenure at my current job. I should blow THAT on a Vita. I wonder if they're still selling them for two-hundo or so on Amazon.

Off ot Ozbargain!

Burn

Question for AusGAF Vita owners:

What are the following games like?

Wipeout 2048
Shinobido 2
Everybody's Golf
Katamari
Little Kings Story

What size memory cards are there and what else would you recommend considering?

(n.b this isn't a shopping list, this is a list for comparison and trying to make a decision over what to do)
Did you have/are thinking of Lumines, Vince? That's the only game I want for it. And maybe Wipeout.

Also wouldn't mind knowing how good it is for media playing (and how movies can be stored).

Yagharek

http://www.smh.com.au/national/heal...parents-to-immunise-child-20121127-2a5uo.html

Some of the comments in this article are :/ the poll results definitely make me happy though! :D

They make you happy? The poll results are terrifying.

If 15% of the population is against vaccination then that has dire consequences for dangerous diseases such as bordatella petussis (Whooping cough), MMR for example. If unvaccinated kids are allowed out in the general community then they run the real risk of passing those diseases onto people who are too young to be vaccinated. Newborns cant be immunised against whooping cough for something like 6 months, and are incredibly vulnerable to the disease which can kill.

If one of these homeopathics sociopaths lets their little disease vectors run around infecting other people, then they sure as fuck ought to be prepared for wrongful death/death by negligence charges when they kill another person's child through their wilful ignorance.

Short version: ALTERNATIVE THERAPY/ANTI VACCINATION CLOWNS CAN GET FUCKED AND LAUNCHED INTO THE FUCKING SUN

Yagharek

Did you have/are thinking of Lumines, Vince? That's the only game I want for it. And maybe Wipeout.

Also wouldn't mind knowing how good it is for media playing (and how movies can be stored).

Lumines would depend on the songlist. I'd get the original first on download if its possible.

Clipper

I've been using a logitech z5500 for about 7 years. Cheapish, it has optical in and support THX, DPLII and DTS. What exactly I couldn't tell you, I'm not an audiophile.

Of course it will only output stereo for a Wii U which is one of my concerns. I have no way of getting surround sound now without handing out money for an hdmi receiver or a new stereo system.
I've got Z5500s as well. I'm thinking of getting something like this. It would give me the surround sound for the Wii and I could also get surround sound out of my laptop without having to plug in the USB sound card I bought so I'd have optical out for that...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
They make you happy? The poll results are terrifying.
I'm not so sure what I was expecting when I clicked the poll results, but for some reason I expected worse than 15%. Hence, why I'm happy, plus it's not like the poll is representative of the overall population anyway. I sure hope 15% of the population in this country doesn't oppose vaccination (even if I wouldn't be surprised if that were true) esp since the government did this recently. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-25/immunise-or-lose-benefits-parents-told/3694236

Kritz

Banned
Although the obvious downside would be that the thread would probably be NSFW. Employers probably wouldn't like someone's browser history filled with verbal cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom