• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your geotag setup? I was thinking of getting something like a Garmin e-Trex 10. I haven't looked at the software side much, and have only heard of GeoSetter and GPicSync.

Also, more pics from your trip would be cool.
Only just imported the pics into Lightroom tonight, so I felt like sharing one. I'm pretty lazy so hopefully I'll keep up with a few.

Using a cheap GPS logger -- the Qstarz BT-Q1000eX -- which is mostly good because it's a lot more accurate than my previous one which died (it wasn't that accurate and when the battery ballooned to twice its size I decided to get a new one) and it lasts nearly two full days on a charge, which is great when travelling since if I don't get a chance one day, it's usually good. Not perfect but it's good enough.

I use their shitty software to export to a GPX, then use GeoSetter. It's pretty good, and you can make it save the information in an XMP sidecar file instead of the RAW (in my case CR2) file if you prefer not to touch the original. Lightroom picks up all that information on import so best to do the tagging before the import (which is why I only imported tonight, since it can be pretty slow to tag CR2+JPEG on a NAS).

I started playing through walking dead with my mum. It started out a little rough, mostly because she didn't know any of the controls and couldn't make decisions in time, but she seemed to get into it after a bit. She sided with Kenny a lot more than I did. Said she'd like to keep playing tomorrow, which I think is a first for her in any game. I'm pretty pleased.
choc digestives or plain??
Digestive biscuits are fantastic. Mm Mm.

Omikron

I started playing through walking dead with my mum. It started out a little rough, mostly because she didn't know any of the controls and couldn't make decisions in time, but she seemed to get into it after a bit. She sided with Kenny a lot more than I did. Said she'd like to keep playing tomorrow, which I think is a first for her in any game. I'm pretty pleased.

I reckon that may be a product of him having a kid and empathising with him that way.

Gazunta

Also, Gazunta has good taste in webcomics. And I'd know.

Also also, he has great taste in Poker Smashes. Do you have it on iOS, Gaz? I do! I should contact the guy on GAF who made it, see if he wants to make it more awesome. I don't think I've fired it up since I got my retina-screened iPhone (played it on the 3GS heaps).

Yeah, the iOS version was pretty good, and a steal at a buck. I would love to see a Retina / Universal version. God damn, I love that game. I hope he's still making games. Making games is neat fun. Definitely get ahold of him if you can and tell him he made the best game.

Danoss

Only just imported the pics into Lightroom tonight, so I felt like sharing one. I'm pretty lazy so hopefully I'll keep up with a few.

Using a cheap GPS logger -- the Qstarz BT-Q1000eX -- which is mostly good because it's a lot more accurate than my previous one which died (it wasn't that accurate and when the battery ballooned to twice its size I decided to get a new one) and it lasts nearly two full days on a charge, which is great when travelling since if I don't get a chance one day, it's usually good. Not perfect but it's good enough.

I use their shitty software to export to a GPX, then use GeoSetter. It's pretty good, and you can make it save the information in an XMP sidecar file instead of the RAW (in my case CR2) file if you prefer not to touch the original. Lightroom picks up all that information on import so best to do the tagging before the import (which is why I only imported tonight, since it can be pretty slow to tag CR2+JPEG on a NAS)..

Thanks mate. That Garmin is pretty cheap, just a shade over $100; I don't need anything flash as it'll be for logging locations only. It runs on 2 AA batteries which I have plenty of, and they'll last far longer than I'll ever need them to. I like that I can use the carbiner attachment to lock it on my backpack/shoulder bag, forget about it and shoot away. I haven't bought it yet, but I'm not far off.

Sounds like the software is easy enough, which it should be since it doesn't have to do much. On the software side of things, have you tried letting LR4 geotag the photos for you? I saw that demonstrated in a video here and it seemed simple enough. I didn't know this was possible until a few minutes ago, and that would save extra effort and time.

Yagharek

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - its Advance Wars by the Gollop guy who did Rebelstar Tactical Command and some other alien strategy rpg that others rave over in its modern incarnation.

Mario 3D Land - bite size Mario Galaxy level design (minus the gravitoids).

Ocarina of Time - it may as well be called the Director's Cut. Or Final Cut, if you're a Bladerunner fan.

Jintor

I'm pretty confident that if any of the big three dominate next generation (Asian regions excluded) it will be Microsoft. Neither Nintendo nor Sony can get their shit together and both seem totally detached from non-Asian markets. When Microsoft gets their shit together they knock it out of the park, as a service, hardware, and software provider.

EDIT: Kookas should be compulsory dining for every NeoGAF member.

Clearly what we need is more guai lo in high positions ammirite

Seriously though what is with asian-based companies and not really understanding the way you tie shit together

Rezbit

Super fun night of Planetside 2. Had about 8 of us at one point. Then it went down to 5 or 6, then the silly stuff started. Honorable mention to Doncamatic for trying to pick us up in a plane, doing a flip, and exploding.

Ahhhhh christmas shan ahhhhhhhh

i thought you said you didn't know what that character was called
Lol, I swear I don't! This was another picture I found that coincidentally looked like the other one, which is why I chose it><

in other news, uni marks are out. Eep.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks like some generic VN character design to me. (get better taste in anime art shanshan.:p).

Shaneus

Yeah, the iOS version was pretty good, and a steal at a buck. I would love to see a Retina / Universal version. God damn, I love that game. I hope he's still making games. Making games is neat fun. Definitely get ahold of him if you can and tell him he made the best game.
Both you and I posted in the same thread.

bros4lyfe

Blah. Double post.

OK guys recommend me some 3DS games!

Dead or Alive Dimensions is decent.
The port of Super Street Fighter 4 is great.
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions is a decent compilation that can usually be had pretty cheap.
Mario Kart 7 is a lot of fun.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fantastic if you're an FF fan.
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries is good score attack fun and doesn't go for much nowadays.
Donkey Kong 94 is on the Virtual Console.

Sounds like the software is easy enough, which it should be since it doesn't have to do much. On the software side of things, have you tried letting LR4 geotag the photos for you? I saw that demonstrated in a video here and it seemed simple enough. I didn't know this was possible until a few minutes ago, and that would save extra effort and time.
I'm still using Lightroom 3 I think, so I haven't tried. I'd definitely look into it, but I'm OK with my process which geotags them before I import them into Lightroom. That way I can feel they're all prepared and ready to go -- I'm sure I'd just forget them otherwise.

Not sure about Lightroom, but Geosetter has great filtering to find photos you've not tagged, and tons of options on how you want the tagging to occur (plus it also puts tags of the location in, whether Lightroom does that I don't know).

(plus $5 for postage or combined total of $25 gets you free postage)
Ninja Gaiden 3 on PS3 for $16, why buy the expensive WiiU version!
Star Ocean The Last Hope on PS3 for $16, the Final Cut if you will!
Kirby Mass Attack on DS for $13, the best Kirby since Canvas Curse!

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - its Advance Wars by the Gollop guy who did Rebelstar Tactical Command and some other alien strategy rpg that others rave over in its modern incarnation.
Gollop did Halo?

Eh, it isn't that bad really. 2mins and you are done.
lol You so slow old man
Making fun of how being a parent is a contest, don't hurt me!

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries is good score attack fun and doesn't go for much nowadays.

Only $19 at KMart (along with Rayman 3DS and the Rabbids 3DS) but I still feel that I wouldn't like it.

Jintor

Super fun night of Planetside 2. Had about 8 of us at one point. Then it went down to 5 or 6, then the silly stuff started. Honorable mention to Doncamatic for trying to pick us up in a plane, doing a flip, and exploding.

Urgh, i don't know whether to defect or not, I just got my sunderer cert :|

markot

Banned
You guys are vanu right >_<?

jambo

I downloaded PS2 on the weekend, I should actually install the damn thing and get to playing it tonight...

PS. Did anyone else start reading Nedroid when I told them to?

No?

Fuck you all. It's the funniest, most obscure comic I've read in a really fucking long time. You should all check it out.

Nedroid is obscure?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I so can't take planetside 2. I want to like it, I guess, and using sweetfx sure as hell makes the game more enjoyable from a graphics standpoint.

But the horrible UI and just the clusterfuck that it is, really puts me off. It just feels like a mass BF3 world, where half the people are so many levels above you that you have no real chance of surviving any sort of fire fight.

It's still something I will mess with over time, Hopefully I can figure out what the fuck is actually going on and start to enjoy it.

Finished the walking dead episode 1. That's a thing.

Danoss

I'm still using Lightroom 3 I think, so I haven't tried. I'd definitely look into it, but I'm OK with my process which geotags them before I import them into Lightroom. That way I can feel they're all prepared and ready to go -- I'm sure I'd just forget them otherwise.

Not sure about Lightroom, but Geosetter has great filtering to find photos you've not tagged, and tons of options on how you want the tagging to occur (plus it also puts tags of the location in, whether Lightroom does that I don't know).

No need to change how you do things on my account, whatever works for you. I just noticed it and thought it might be a timesaver. I'll give Lightroom a whirl before I go to any other options, since it's less software and workflow steps that I'll need.

Lightroom 4 is definitely worth a look, they've changed a considerable amount. The develop module is Camera Raw now, and the slider changes in the Basic adjustments now are fantastic. There is more overall control now and Clarity has been fixed for the better. Just note that when you upgrade, it'll want you to update to the latest development process; look into what that will do to your already processed photos as you might not like the result. You don't have to do it, but you'll want to be prepared when the prompt appears.

Urgh, i don't know whether to defect or not, I just got my sunderer cert :|

I've got multiple reflex certs and a number of others too. I'm not going anywhere.

VS were pushing us back in some areas on Indar last night, it was quite vicious and very fun.

markot

Banned
I like PS2 but it is abit toooooo grindy... and the upgrades can be too powerful.

They should have done a Valve f2p model instead of a semi p2w one >.<

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Does anyone want to buy an american launch 3ds? Or trade for a pal system? Games are zelda, ssf4, ghost recon, super monkey ball and some resident evil game

Jintor

I've got multiple reflex certs and a number of others too. I'm not going anywhere.

VS were pushing us back in some areas on Indar last night, it was quite vicious and very fun.

I also heard that no multiple characters p/server was a bug, so... but that's just scuttlebutt.

I have a shocking admission to make, I haven't played any Walking Deads yet. Can I all the episodes in a single package? Or do I have to get them individually like a sucker?

Kritz

Banned
2009-06-05-beartato-wrongname.gif

(I recently dropped every single one of the webcomics I used to read because I don't find webcomic humour to be that funny anymore.)

Rahk

I have a shocking admission to make, I haven't played any Walking Deads yet. Can I all the episodes in a single package? Or do I have to get them individually like a sucker?
I don't think you can buy them individually. If you buy from Steam or Telltale you get all the episodes.

It was on sale on Steam a few days ago, so you might be better off waiting a month for the Christmas sale if you can wait.

Kritz

Banned
I don't think you can buy them individually. If you buy from Steam or Telltale you get all the episodes.

It was on sale on Steam a few days ago, so you might be better off waiting a month for the Christmas sale if you can wait.

Assuming he can live with not owning the best game this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom