• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about

AusGAF 8: A bunch of Karmicheal Hunts

Love it.

White bread is great. No wonder it's fucking unhealthy.
I know. I could eat white bread forever, especially fresh out of the bread maker white bread. Best with butter, vegemite or good ol' avocado.

They make you happy? The poll results are terrifying.

If 15% of the population is against vaccination then that has dire consequences for dangerous diseases such as bordatella petussis (Whooping cough), MMR for example. If unvaccinated kids are allowed out in the general community then they run the real risk of passing those diseases onto people who are too young to be vaccinated. Newborns cant be immunised against whooping cough for something like 6 months, and are incredibly vulnerable to the disease which can kill.

If one of these homeopathics sociopaths lets their little disease vectors run around infecting other people, then they sure as fuck ought to be prepared for wrongful death/death by negligence charges when they kill another person's child through their wilful ignorance.

Short version: ALTERNATIVE THERAPY/ANTI VACCINATION CLOWNS CAN GET FUCKED AND LAUNCHED INTO THE FUCKING SUN
That really is pretty terrifying.

I really enjoyed the penn and teller episode on vaccines.

I smell an indie game.
I would play the crap out of that game. Great stress release. They can yell things like "brainwashed by big pharma!" as they burn up.

Kritz

Banned
AusGAF 8: A Few Good Cunts

As opposed to the last few pages showing up in the history anyway?

the difference is one is the <title> for the page and one isn't. So anyone just having a glance at common sites will see shit like

Google
Gaming Discussion
Offtopic Discusion
AusGAF - CUNTS CUNTS CUNTS
etc

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
So FarCry3 is $68 @ Big W. I might pick it up in the morning on my way to work. I'm shocked its getting such great reviews. I hated FC2 with a passion, this one seem to be doing everything right.

Oh and....

CuntGAF 8 - Contains Australians.

mandiller

Burn

Question for AusGAF Vita owners:

What are the following games like?

Wipeout 2048
Shinobido 2
Everybody's Golf
Katamari
Little Kings Story

What size memory cards are there and what else would you recommend considering?

(n.b this isn't a shopping list, this is a list for comparison and trying to make a decision over what to do)

Wipeout 2048 - Great game. Looks fantastic and plays like any good Wipeout game. If you've played previous games in the series you'll know what the expect. There is also DLC you can buy which contains the entirety of Wipeout HD and Fury (PS3) which you can play. It's also crossplay, so you can play online against someone on the PS3. So lots and lots of content if you buy the DLC.

Everybody's Golf - I've played a little bit of it. It's fun and can get quite addicting, but it also gets hard and frustrating when you miss your shot and it screws up your whole game. If you don't like games that are punishing, avoid it, if you don't mind that then dive right in. You can get it quite cheap on the PSN store. I think I saw it for $23 recently. A good buy.

I haven't played the others. I can recommend Need For Speed Most Wanted though. Excellent racing game. It's the exact same game as the console versions though, so if you already own that then don't worry about the Vita version. Still, it's pretty impressive to have a true console-like game in the palm of your hand.

My PSN name is mandiller, feel free to add me if you do pick up a Vita.

Burn

Question for AusGAF Vita owners:

What are the following games like?

Wipeout 2048
Shinobido 2
Everybody's Golf
Katamari
Little Kings Story

What size memory cards are there and what else would you recommend considering?

(n.b this isn't a shopping list, this is a list for comparison and trying to make a decision over what to do)

Well,

Wipeout 2048 - Pretty awesome. Not as good as Wipeout HD, but definitely the best of the portable games by far.

Shinobido 2 - No idea, haven't played it.
Everybody's Golf - Really fun. Insanely rageworthy, but still fun.
Katamari - No idea, but it IS Katamari. Take that for what you will.
Little Kings Story - Pretty fun. Has a weird translation, but I do quite enjoy the game overall. Though I've not played the Wii game for comparison.

As for the memory cards, you've got 4, 8, 16 and 32GB cards. Personally, I've got a 32, but that's because I tend to do a lot of digital game purposes. It's expensive, but i think it's been worth it.

Shaneus

It really should be Octocunt.

It's 8, like AusGAF 8 (octo = 8).

It's cunt, because cunt is awesome.

It's a reference to a James Bond movie, because what cunt is a colloquialism of is the same as "pussy".

SO MANY LEVELS
v2SEE.jpg

jambo

So FarCry3 is $68 @ Big W. I might pick it up in the morning on my way to work. I'm shocked its getting such great reviews. I hated FC2 with a passion, this one seem to be doing everything right.

Just remember that it's not Steamworks, so if you get it at retail you'll just use uPlay.

You can get it on Steam for $69 AUD or gifted on Steam from CDKeys.com.au for $47.

It really should be Octocunt.

It's 8, like AusGAF 8 (octo = 8).

It's cunt, because cunt is awesome.

It's a reference to a James Bond movie, because what cunt is a colloquialism of is the same as "pussy".

SO MANY LEVELS
http://i.imgur.com/v2SEE.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mine is about a futuristic amusement park where cunts are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques.

Gazunta

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - its Advance Wars by the Gollop guy who did Rebelstar Tactical Command and some other alien strategy rpg that others rave over in its modern incarnation.

Mario 3D Land - bite size Mario Galaxy level design (minus the gravitoids).

Ocarina of Time - it may as well be called the Director's Cut. Or Final Cut, if you're a Bladerunner fan.

I got Ghost Recon because I will buy anything Julian Gallop makes and Rebelstar Tactical Command was my favourite GBA game ever. God DAMN that game was amazing.

I am loving Mario 3D Land! And I hated Galaxy! So yay!

My secret gaming shame is that I never got into Ocarina Of Time and never really saw what the fuss was about. Loved Majora's Mask though!

Dead or Alive Dimensions is decent.
The port of Super Street Fighter 4 is great.
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions is a decent compilation that can usually be had pretty cheap.
Mario Kart 7 is a lot of fun.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fantastic if you're an FF fan.
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries is good score attack fun and doesn't go for much nowadays.
Donkey Kong 94 is on the Virtual Console.

Oh yeah good call, I need to buy Super Street Fighter IV again.
Are the Pac-Man / Galaga games straight ports of the original or are they like the recent XBLA games?
And I guess I should get Mario Kart...I have all the others, why stop now?

2009-06-05-beartato-wrongname.gif

(I recently dropped every single one of the webcomics I used to read because I don't find webcomic humour to be that funny anymore.)

I know what you mean, I stopped watching all TV shows because I didn't find TV shows interesting any more.

Are the Pac-Man / Galaga games straight ports of the original or are they like the recent XBLA games?

Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions has the original arcade games, the XBLA versions (though I think Pac-Man CE might be based on the PSP version which wasn't as fully featured? I dunno, it's still pretty rad. No DX either unfortunately) and two original titles: Pac-Man Tilt, a platformer that uses the tilt of the system to affect your momentum and Galaga 3D Impact, a motion-controlled rail shooter.

Wow that thing is the epitome of Nintendo's online strategy, cannot connect to the internet, what a weird thing.

BUT whats worse is that i want one
and i own a wii
its so cheap how could i not
i would like another nunchuck and neither of my remotes are the fancy motion+ ones

ausgaf 8
or
the ausgaf
or shit even just ausgaf

Ydahs

So I'm pulling an all nighter so I can sleep throughout the day. It'll make the wait for the Wii U easier.

Not really. I'm just going slightly insane trying to build my own 3D game engine :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom