• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross-posting from the Steam Custom Grid Images thread. I made some images for the newly released (and gridimageless) Thirty Flights of Loving. As a bonus, I've also done one for Gravity Bone.

Gravity Bone
pG5ij.jpg

Thirty Flights of Loving
94gTj.jpg

I heard it was just twilight fanfic.

it is, lol. Its also the fastest selling book of all time.

... At least it has some hilarious quotes.

Pulled from the thread:

"No fisting, you say. Anything else you object to?" he asks softly.

I swallow.

"Anal intercourse doesn't exactly float my boat."

"I'll agree to the fisting, but I'd really like to claim your ass, Anastasia. But we'll wait for that. Besides, it's not something we can dive into," he smirks at me. "Your ass will need training."
"I had no idea giving pleasure could be such a turn-on, watching him writhe subtly with carnal longing. My inner goddess is doing the merengue with some salsa moves."

"Christian squirts baby oil into his hand and then rubs my behind with careful tenderness — from makeup remover to soothing balm for a spanked ass, who would have thought it such a versatile liquid."

"The woman who brought me into this world was a crack whore, Anastasia…" I slip into a dazed and exhausted sleep, dreaming of a four-year-old gray-eyed boy in a dark, scary, miserable place.

markot

Banned
Fez thread is making me sad panda >_<

I dont get... people. It seems like insulting anything Japanese gets you a death sentence...

And Anime sucks soooooooooooo much...

Kritz

Banned
Aaaaaand done.

41AGS.gif

I got a little sloppy towards the end, and never bothered going back and adding frames to the start. But it seems really choppy frame by frame animations are part of my style. I guess. Good enough excuse as any.

Yagharek

I dont get... people. It seems like insulting anything Japanese gets you a death sentence...

Eh, Fish is an arrogant fool, and the reaction is unsurprising given his hubris.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

Or maybe it's because phil fish is just a asshole?

It's not like you see any japanese developer pull the same kind of rhetoric.

Itagaki at least has respect for his customers, I mean he apologized for the shortcomings of NG2 after all. Plus http://blog-admin.wired.com/gamelife/2012/02/itagaki-dice-2012/

And the guy made the best action game of all time ffs, he has a right to be arrogant

No one has a right to be arrogant. Letting them be arrogant is just like saying "i know he's an asshole but once you get to know him he's pretty cool!" No, he's just an asshole you allow to be an asshole.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
No one has a right to be arrogant. Letting them be arrogant is just like saying "i know he's an asshole but once you get to know him he's pretty cool!" No, he's just an asshole you allow to be an asshole.
I disagree, arrogance can be justified in the right context. If you are Phil Fish though, you just come off as a whiny bitch.:)

I disagree, arrogance can be justified in the right context. If you are Phil Fish though, you just come off as a whiny bitch.:)

But he created a fantastic game. Probably one of the most important indie titles. Why is your guy allowed to be arrogant? Just because he's more prominent? What makes him different from Fish aside from the fact he's not indie and probably less outspoken?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
But he created a fantastic game. Probably one of the most important indie titles. Why is your guy allowed to be arrogant? Just because he's more prominent? What makes him different from Fish aside from the fact he's not indie and probably less outspoken?
Eh there is a huge difference, itagaki may INSULT other developers, but he at the very least has respect for the most important thing (as stated before) his customers.

wonzo

Banned
Fish is rightfully copping shit because because he's treating his customers like garbage by refusing to pony up the cash to fix his game.

Eh there is a huge difference, itagaki may INSULT other developers, but he at the very least has respect for the most important thing (as stated before) his customers.

From what I can tell, Fish does too, but Polytron as a company simply can't afford to push another patch. I agree they wasted their free patch but that doesn't make him an asshole. There's a lot of hyperbole when it comes to Fish and it's annoying.

Also everyone forgets the developer. :(

Omikron

From what I can tell, Fish does too, but Polytron as a company simply can't afford to push another patch. I agree they wasted their free patch but that doesn't make him an asshole. There's a lot of hyperbole when it comes to Fish and it's annoying.

Also everyone forgets the developer. :(

Only if you do a good job.

Haha, "spoiled masses" is a good one. Can you believe those entitled whiners beating up on the poor, innocent developers just because they're selling a broken product?

yeah, those spoiled people wanting a fix to a broken game they paid money for. so entitled!!!!

I didn't mean it in the way you guys took it. I mean yes they should've shipped a working product. Yes gamers deserve a working game without fear of corrupted saves. But we don't know the specifics. Microsoft could've pushed them to release on x date, then they did with a mostly working product that needed a patch that MS and Polytron agreed on. Then when that "free" patch was used up and more needed to be fixed, they expected Polytron to pony up FOURTEEN GRAND to QA and push another patch.

And come on, the game isn't broken. Everyone is blowing it out of proportion. An issue that affects 1% of gamers isn't a priority. I mean, they've fixed it. They might ask for funds via Kickstarter or something but I doubt it. Phil seems to just want to flip MS off and leave them behind. Plus, the game is only XBLA exclusive for a few more months, then Steam release. Polytron own the IP, so nothing is stopping them from doing so.

edit: tl;dr I feel like people are being too hard on Phill just because they don't like him. If it was Team Meat would it be the same reaction? No. They're currently the darlings of the indie scene.

Yagharek

Depends how big that 1% is.

100,000 copies sold at $10 apiece. So, $10,000 for refunds or thereabouts, to refund them. Or $14,000 to recertify it at a minimum. Instead he chooses the third option not to bother, and ends up with bad reputation for it.

Yes, Microsoft's QA process is a load of shit, but they are the company who sold hardware at a 30-40% defective rate and pretended it didn't have a problem for two years. The same company who charges people to view ads on a subscription service for p2p gaming.

But Fish is an arrogant tool, and he has well and truly earnt that reputation by telling too many people to "eat it".

Fish and MS deserve each other. Their customers deserve respect and refunds.

SO BATMAN
Won't go into story spoilers but still will spoil the experience to read

First half hour or so was hammy, like THIS IS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE. I remember hearing del Toro and Snipes talking about how when they made Blade 2 they really wanted to focus each camera shot like a comic book pose, really make it feel like a moving comic. That kinda felt like this with some really strange feeling stuff. Almost as if the AD was in control. In any case in regards to the script, the writing needed tightening up on page 3. Once it gets out of that early period it is PURE GOLD JERRY, PURE FUCKING GOLD.
Nolan has improved again as a director. The writing is great, the acting is great, the direction is great, the cinematography is great, the score is great, GREAT IS GREAT. And DAT ACTION SCENES, Nolan directed the fuck out of them and they were amazing. Bane was a fucking tank on screen, like a wrecking ball.

IMAX was fantastic, was fairly close up the front and right on the left end but was surprised that it didn't have a negative effect on watching. Soooooooo huge.

Loved the story, loved what Nolan did. Will double spoiler next bit as it hangs a hat on why I loved it so much
from another Freeman movie. "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for" with the caveat of "I agree with the second part".
Very much the way I would want to do any work of art that I could ever accomplish, the world is a fucked up place but it is always worth trying to do the right thing and if everything lines up we should end up in a happy place

EDIT VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV I LOVE YOU GUYS!

SO FEZ

Still haven't watched his section of Indie Game The Movie as I don't want to further taint my perception of him, as one day I may buy Fez on Steam.

Now lets see if I have this right.

Polytron for the most part is 2 people; a programmer and Fez who handles the direction and art and stuff or something.

After many years of working on Fez and numerous Indie panels and Encouragement Awards from various places for the future game of Fez he decides to sign it to XBLA exclusively. Which he now says HE had to pay MS "for the privilege of being on their platform" rather than them getting a payment of any kind for signing up for the ONLY place that you can be playing Fez is on a saturday morning with a controller in hand on your comfy couch. Makes sense since Big Screen Mode isn't out for Steam and Sony & Nintendo are silly Japanese people who don't make no good games no more so why would Fez fit in with their strategies!

Sooooooooo 4-5 years of development while paying a publisher to publish the game on only one platform, take a cut of the sales AND allow them only one free patch to fix all the bugs that could come up. Since even neckbearders like us on silly forums know this then it is well accepted knowledge for those with a motherfucking contract in front of them!

No matter! This bun has been in the oven for 4-5 years! It won't have any yeast out of place! Remarks ole Fishy while happily tweeting a potential-future-customer-of-something-Polytron-once-the troll-forgets-about-the-upcoming-game-which-the-troll doesn't-like to eat a dick or two. We should be fine! And then he panics and uses up the patch without making 100% sure it is going to work for everyone. :/

Well, that sucks but fix the bug that wipes out all the progress of every 100th person who has bought the game. After all, you don't want to piss off the 1%! They may end up having a disposable income next time ole Fishy or the other guy at Polytron end up releasing another game! Actually nah, we made some bad financial decisions sooooooooooooooooooooo I dunno. Burn the bridge for now with a poorly directed blame passer offer and lets just rename the company and pay another $10k to some dude to make us a new logo and I'm sure people will forget! I'll shave off my sideburns and get contacts, no one will know!

The game itself has looked pretty cool since way back in 2008 when the current Cave Story art design, and Crush-esque gameplay was shown off. Too bad it took so fucking long to complete and they made some shitty business decisions.

In 12 months time when they exclusivity is up they can dump it on Steam and finally make some money. If they are NICE people they will email a free Steam code to those who forked out for a XBLA copy that never got the save game fixing patch that the 1%ers required. Since Steam copies are free and won't cost Polytron shit. Although that would mean that the burned owners won't buy the game twice, so maybe giving out codes wouldn't fly with Polytron :/

AGAIN I REITERATE
This is all Gabes fault for not releasing comfy-couch-on-a-saturday-morning-mode for Steam.

END?

EDIT: Oh also, the Dyad developer has been super cool since the OT went up for their game, I wasn't expecting them to be so awesome about feedback and what they have taken on board.
EDIT2: :/ Well now I see more information about Dyad via this interview, kinda makes sense now

Actually why doesn't he use some of that sweet, sweet IGF award money to pay for the patch? They won it twice so that $60,000 has to go somewhere!

midonnay

To be honest, I don't think he has the money....

in the Indie Movie, it seemed like he was expecting sales of 1 million + and in reality he may only have gotten 1/10 of that scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom