• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

LA5ZI.gif

Clipper

Reposting here since I didn't realize the old thread was capped :(

Good luck with the search, mate. Prices are high in this neck of the woods, so you'll have to be sharing with a few people to get prices like that. I've only ever looked for my own places, though, knowing who I'm already going to be sharing with, so I can't really help with methods.

Danoss

They're definitely a better team on paper than they are on the standings. Either the system he was running with that team didn't suit them, or they just tuned him out. I haven't seen heaps of Eels games this year, but it seemed like they just weren't giving it their all (except obviously Hindy).

He is the Kiwi coach isn't he? Not nearly the same as getting the out of non-rep stars week in week out though.

Whoever they get long term needs to foster some kind of relationship between Sandow and Haynes. Its obvious, but those two need to fire for Parra to win. Also a Hindmarsh replacement would be handy. That should be easy right? I mean workhorse forwards just grow on trees don't they?

He ran heavy structure on a team that played excellent ad-lib footy when it was somewhat constrained (unconstrained was 2010). They went from (what i assume were) the most offloads in the comp to the least. You don't put a leash on Hayne and Sandow or you end up with a lot of what was delivered this year. When they played well it was when they pretty much went "fuck it" and did what they wanted.

Kearney is the Kiwi coach, but he's not very good at it. Look at their recent perfomances. The only time they were doing really well was when Kearney had the assistance of Bennett.

I agree that getting the Hayne and Sandow combination going would be ideal, while it is obvious. Kelly will fit in nicely too I think, he's proving to be the organiser that Sandow really isn't. When they all work together and centres Blair and Morgan can be the menace to the opposition as they have been lately, and when Loko returns and improves his defense, I think they can be dangerous. I leave Willie Tonga out of the centres because I think he's overrated and hasn't impressed me at all this year.

The only signings for next year are Darcy Lussick and Daniel Harrison from Manly. I think they could turn out to be some good buys, their best years are ahead of them and they could very likely impress. They won't replace Hindy of course, hell, the only other player with a work-rate like him is Shaun Fensom.

But seriously, this try and this try, (both from the same video but time linked) were incredible to say the least. Kelly and Sio were involved in both of them, great vision, great kicks, great catches, great tries.

Forever?

edit: also best batman movie. i like those movies unironically. >.>

Word.

Schumacher's Batman films are probably my least favourite live-action Batman (not having seen the old serials), but I don't particularly dislike them. Really enjoy some of the visual design in them, love me some neon.

Dead Man

So... old story, and LOL Herald Sun, chocrage etc, but why the hell is it seen as useful to say a married pair of athletes can't share a room at the olympics?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/l...-london-olympics/story-fn9dheyx-1226426647320

AUSTRALIAN shooter Russell Mark says he has been prevented from rooming with wife Lauryn while gay couples will share beds at this months Olympics.

Russell and Lauryn were last night officially notified by Australian chef de mission Nick Green via email that they would be prevented from rooming together.

The decision is believed to have come from Shooting Australia, but Russell believes his pro-sleeping pill stance and wife Lauryn's Zoo photo shoot have angered Olympic officials.

They were told they would have to leave the village and rent a hotel to stay together, but both will instead stay in the village and compete.

r1chard

Am re-watching Fringe from the start. The gross factor is so much higher in the first season. Also, September makes an appearance in the second goddamn episode! Man this show is awesome.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Am re-watching Fringe from the start. The gross factor is so much higher in the first season. Also, September makes an appearance in the second goddamn episode! Man this show is awesome.

Yep. Fringe is amazeballs. It can be hit and miss though but when it's at it's best, it's fucking amazing.

With season 5 being more focused, the final season and 13 episodes. I'm not expecting any filler at all, just pure mythology story driven stuff. Should be outstanding.

Just want to say I take you cunts for granted. You keep me sane along with my amazing friends who care more than I ever expected. Sooooo thanks for being the best bunch of people I have come across on the internet. I owe you all a beer or Half Life 3. One or the other.

Dead Man

That kimdotcom video wasn't half bad, for what it was.

That's the worst scoop of ice cream I've ever seen.

I just realised it is smaller than the fork. Poor form.

Just want to say I take you cunts for granted. You keep me sane along with my amazing friends who care more than I ever expected. Sooooo thanks for being the best bunch of people I have come across on the internet. I owe you all a beer or Half Life 3. One or the other.

Drunk? Drunk.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
8GB Nexus 7 ordered. FUCK I SPENT MONEY.

I should make an opening box video when I get it.

The steam sale has been sorta disappointing so far to be honest. It feels like it's mostly the same 30 or so core games that are just getting cycled through the 3 offers.

I totally forgot I picked up La Noire. Whoops.

hamchan

I should make an opening box video when I get it.

The steam sale has been sorta disappointing so far to be honest. It feels like it's mostly the same 30 or so core games that are just getting cycled through the 3 offers.

I totally forgot I picked up La Noire. Whoops.

It works, I just bought Crusader Kings 2 despite it being on sale like twice before.

I walked into two EBs yesterday expecting to be able to walk out with a 16GB one (partly because you tweeted they're everywhere).

Not only did they not have them, they don't arrive til Monday, their first shipment is totally sold out and their second almost sold out.

I'll just wait.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I walked into two EBs yesterday expecting to be able to walk out with a 16GB one (partly because you tweeted they're everywhere).

Not only did they not have them, they don't arrive til Monday, their first shipment is totally sold out and their second almost sold out.

I'll just wait.

Yea. That's why I went the 8GB over on google. Claims it's a 2 day shipment time... See when it turns up next week.

Eb online claims they sold out of their initial 700. I think you could *still* get one locally if you hunt around. But most are honestly sold out until next week or early august.

Clipper

Jintor and Doncamatic, don't forget that it's Game of Thrones day tomorrow...

And as always, anyone else in Sydney is welcome to come along for Game of Thrones and other board games. Dates are the 22nd and 28th starting around 10am and going to about 4-5pm. I'll send the address via PM on request.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so sick of seeing sport people on the news saying "I made a mistake". Moronic.

The apple doesnt look very appley >.>

Looks like the apple crumble is kept company by some mashed potatoes and gravy.

Looks more like apple pie...

That's the worst scoop of ice cream I've ever seen.
:mad:

Fine. You guys don't get any then. Also I scooped the ice cream with a fork, it's to be expected. It still tastes okay.

Damnit shan, can I have some

Except you Jint, you were nice so you can have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom