• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to my birthday so I can legitimately complain about 'all these damn teenagers'.

do people still even do long division?

it was on the way out even a decade ago >_>;

We had to do long division as a punishment for complaining about learning to barn dance. Is there another way to manually do division? I can't even remember.

She's younger than me, which I find kind of amusing, considering I used to always feel like the "young guy" in all the internet groups I hung out with pre-gaf.

Oh really? I figured we were about the same age.

Darklord

Banned
Man, Virgin mobile are pissing me off. They keep calling me every day at like 9:30am. I can't answer it you arseholes I'm at work! And they don't leave a message or anything. There's like 5 ways they can contact me and they do none of them. I looked it up and tons of other people have had the same experience.

markot

Banned
And the stupid search engines crammed the page with shit until Google came round.

(I used Altavista >.> also the spider one)

midonnay

^^^^^ man I remember when altavisa was the google...... how did they mess that up.

It didn't help that the synch speed is usually like 60-70% of its rating >_>

god what a scam dialup was.

This was the modem that was available for my first computer. We didn't have one.

20080621022950966_1.jpg

r1chard

Ah, you're all bringing back fond memories of surfing the Amiga FTP sites on my 14.4k modem. With my table of IP addresses sitting beside the ol' Ami. Oh, those were the days.

Dead Man

56k lol you young'un

the lowest I got to was 28.8k >_>

Children, all of you. Unless you were dialing into bbs's using a baud rated modem, then you can talk about feeling old. God, the things I thought were amazing back then. Single frame gifs, 256 colours.

It was a glorious future I looked forward too, and now I live it.

Children, all of you. Unless you were dialing into bbs's using a baud rated modem, then you can talk about feeling old. God, the things I thought were amazing back then. Single frame gifs, 256 colours.

It was a glorious future I looked forward too, and now I live it.

Theyre still 256 colours.

midonnay

Oh, man, I'd almost forgotten that! That was an awesome game that wasted far too much of my time at uni :)

It and mechwarrior... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdqCjPsBeog

same, haven't even thought about it for decades

man that theme song and the parts store....nostalgia-bomb.

can't remember if I played mechwarrior...... my memories are blending with the cartoon on tv (eh battletech). I think it was one my brother had that I watched over the shoulder.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wee tax return next week. Time to think up useless crap to buy.

The Giant

Banned
Watched The Dark Knight Rises at the IMAX yesterday. My god that was so awesome. Gonna be watching again at the IMAX next week.

dinopoke

Hi, AusGAF! Lurked at NeoGAF for about a year but now decided to make my first post here. Um, I like playing video games I guess.

midonnay

^^^^^^^ mine built up.... it was like slow clapping at the uhm second to last scene......and then "fuck yeah" clapping at the end. Strange (although I joined in too)

Hi, AusGAF! Lurked at NeoGAF for about a year but now decided to make my first post here. Um, I like playing video games I guess.

playing videogames?

we'll clobber that out of you in due time.... welcome :)

midonnay

Make sure its true Imax...... not the fake marketing bs ones.

the change of aspect ratio can be jarring but its pretty spectacular. (real imax footage is more like a square than a rectangle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom