• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
last time I had advice I was told to cut the simcard with scissors.
That's the usual way to trim a regular SIM to a microSIM.

step.03-580-90.jpg

I would likely slip and fuck it up.
Me too.

Jintor

What do I put on a party playlist besides songs I like

this is probably 'sit back chat and drink beer background music', not "GET ON DAT DANCE FLOOR" party

r1chard

Forgive my hesitance, but I would likely slip and fuck it up.
Nah, it's easy. I've done it tons of times (I work for a mobile telco.) Heaps of howtos on the interwebs. As long as you don't cut the actual metal bits you'll be fine.

People started clapping at my session..... first time I've seen that....
Hang out with fans more :) Last time for me would've been the Browncoats viewing of Joss' masterpiece The Cabin In The Woods. That was fun :)

How old are you and rooster? I empathise with the 'young guy' thing.

Nineteen years young.

And I can't be bothered going back and quoting your other post but I agree about Rises.

What freaks me out a little is that these kids are fucking.

I bet most of them have never even owned a CD player or remember what dial up Internet was like. But I remember. Oh yes. I remember.

56K! Uphill! Both ways!

It'll always feel like that.

How old are 'kids'? I had 56k for a few years lol

jambo

theres still half a million households on 56k.....

mostly pensioners probably >_>

The missus was telling me about one of the guys at her work. He went home to his parents place for a couple of weeks recently, and they had ADSL1 with a 16GB a month plan.

=/

Agyar

The missus was telling me about one of the guys at her work. He went home to his parents place for a couple of weeks recently, and they had ADSL1 with a 16GB a month plan.

=/

That's nothing, my parents are on a shonky Satellite connection with something like 1.5GB per month.

Omikron

Anyone interested in Borderlands 2 PeeCee?

I am looking at picking up a 4-pack, I have a mate that will be down, so just need 2 more.

It is 161.99 USD / 4, so ~40.50 per copy. :)

Edit: Actually... too slow. All gone.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7gitebiHT1r89qoso1_500.gif[/ig]

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7gitebiHT1r89qoso2_500.gif[/ig]

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7gitebiHT1r89qoso3_r1_500.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]

excellent.

Raxum

You guys should start another 4 pack, there's going to be a lot of AusGAF people playing.

I probably should've waited for one of these, but I picked mine up with the 10% discount before I left for work this morning. Ah well 2K deserve the money, it's looking to be a pretty epic game.

Fusebox

Banned
Aha, I just watched that ep of Mad as Hell this morning! The intro song about little girls cracked me up and that China joke was awesome too.

Why not just 1 gif though? :(

Clipper

SydGAF, don't forget that Winter is coming... tomorrow at 10 (or thereabouts). Confirmed attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk.

Rezbit

SydGAF, don't forget that Winter is coming... tomorrow at 10 (or thereabouts). Confirmed attendees: Choc, Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk.

Sounds awesome :O

I'll be playing board games tomorrow with my buddies. GoT and BSG lined up, should be good.

Danoss

Was just about to PM you about it, but since you posted this I'll do it out in the open.

What's the plan for lunch? Since GoT is a long game, and will be longer since we are familiarising ourselves with the rules and how they play out. I'm guessing taking time out for lunch down the road might be using up more time than we can afford since we have a deadline to meet for Jintor.

I'm hoping for something simple and cheap. I'd make something myself to bring, but I'm already making some iced tea to bring for people to enjoy and my time in the morning is already limited since I'm leaving so damn early. Also, I don't have much in the way of transportable food options.

As a side note, I just remembered, WTF happened to BanShunsaku? I haven't seen him post in forever and he was good fun on game day.

Edit: Saw his 2 month old blog post and it seems he has severed ties with online communities. Good for him that he's going in a direction that he wants, but it's a shame he's not around anymore, he's a cool guy.

Jintor

If we start at 10 (more realistically, 10:30 - 11), it shouldn't be murderous.

And don't discount my power to fail. Last time I played this I was defeated on the third turn, a mere hour in.

What do I put on a party playlist besides songs I like

this is probably 'sit back chat and drink beer background music', not "GET ON DAT DANCE FLOOR" party
Jump on Jplay and see what is currently popular with the hip crowd.

If all else fails just grab whatever indie band was popular 3 months ago so everyone knows the songs.

Also The Naked & Famous but that is hard dancing to.

People started clapping at my session..... first time I've seen that....

theres still half a million households on 56k.....

mostly pensioners probably >_>
My parents would be too if they didn't jump on super expensive Satellite. Can't get ADSL out in the bush unless you live in town.

You guys should start another 4 pack, there's going to be a lot of AusGAF people playing.
Will be in for a GOTY pack! Already bought 23 copies of the first game and the GOTY edition so going to sit this one out. I never ended up finishing the damn game :/

Flawless. When he is on form he is amazing. Too much shit in between though. Wonder if it is his fault or other writers. Pure gold Shaun for 22 minutes would be mindblowing again.

Danoss

If we start at 10 (more realistically, 10:30 - 11), it shouldn't be murderous.

And don't discount my power to fail. Last time I played this I was defeated on the third turn, a mere hour in.

10-10:30 is for having rules explained, I'd realistically estimate an 11-11:30 start.

I was also trying to not as overtly say again that I'm poor as shit, can we please look at cheap lunch options?

Hi, AusGAF! Lurked at NeoGAF for about a year but now decided to make my first post here. Um, I like playing video games I guess.

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated/perforated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

jambo

Hi, AusGAF! Lurked at NeoGAF for about a year but now decided to make my first post here. Um, I like playing video games I guess.

Welcome. Welcome to NeoGAF.

You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining gaming forums.

I thought so much of NeoGAF that I elected to establish AusGAF here in the Community forum so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors.

I have been proud to call NeoGAF my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to URLs unknown, welcome to NeoGAF.

It's safer here.

Yagharek

Welcome. Welcome to NeoGAF.

You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest remaining gaming forums.

I thought so much of NeoGAF that I elected to establish AusGAF here in the Community forum so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors.

I have been proud to call NeoGAF my home. And so, whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to URLs unknown, welcome to NeoGAF.

It's safer here.

Rise and shine mr dinopoke. Rise and shine.

Wake up and smell the ashes.

Clipper

10-10:30 is for having rules explained, I'd realistically estimate an 11-11:30 start.

I was also trying to not as overtly say again that I'm poor as shit, can we please look at cheap lunch options?

Mate, we were going to surprise you tomorrow, but I'll just go ahead and do it now instead...

Ever since the last SydGAF you attended, we've actually been planning to take you for a thank you lunch for getting us together in the first place. None of us would be playing tomorrow if it wasn't for your idea to get together in the first place, so you really do deserve something as thanks.

And given the fact you said you really enjoyed them that one time, we're going to do Japanese Bento boxes and we're splitting the bill between the rest of us. So yeah, don't worry about the price (and it's not that expensive anyway).

Danoss

Mate, we were going to surprise you tomorrow, but I'll just go ahead and do it now instead...

Aww, you didn't have to. You guys are the best! I wish I hadn't spoiled my own surprise.

In other gaming news, I managed to grab some card sleeves (with a rare influx of a few extra dollars) so now another 3 games in my collection are good to go.
2 of these games sat with only a handful of cards unsleeved (like 10+ cards) for months. Glad to have them finally done. I haven't played any of them yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I keep reading things about Space Alert that make me want to play it immediately.

TheBear

Hey guys I need some ideas for things to do while I'm in Perth. I'm currently working in the CBD for the next three weeks and my weekends are looking a little bare. Any ideas? I haven't really met anyone to show me around so any tips would be appreciated :)

Stackboy

Hey guys I need some ideas for things to do while I'm in Perth. I'm currently working in the CBD for the next three weeks and my weekends are looking a little bare. Any ideas? I haven't really met anyone to show me around so any tips would be appreciated :)

Have you answered the Ausgaf questions? It's not mandatory as I understand, but it will bring you more favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom