• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I prefer Stewart, but only by a little bit. It's just that Colbert's character can take over a segment sometimes, where as Stewart will just destroy people and make them look stupid every single time.

And Stewart's impressions are always either great or so bad that they're great.

Very excited about The Hobbit. I love both the universe that Tolkien created and Jackson's interpretation of it on film. Can't wait for the first one this December, although I'm still on the fence about the whole trilogy thing...

I have faith that they will be as good as the LOTR trilogy
(which I found boring a lot of the time and could have had a lot cut out)
as it sounds like they are using a lot of the extra writing, so the book of The Hobbit itself makes up something like the second half of the first movie and the whole second movie or something. Calling it The Hobbit Trilogy is a bit off putting though, would have been better off with a different name.

Jintor

Colbert >>> Stewart

that was pretty apparent during the Writers' strike where the Colbert Report didn't miss a beat.

Colbert's style is so reliant on, well, style that he can easily make a hilarious goddamn show out of absolutely nothing. Stewart needs to have material (and correspondents) to bounce off.

ALSO: University has an officially incorporated Brony club. Now some of you may know that I actually quite like MLP, but frankly I'd be way more interested in a Gravity Falls Mystery Scoobies club instead.

legend166

Now that I have something to look forward to outside of work, I realise how much work sucks.

Having a relationship during uni would have worked much better, haha.

Fusebox

Banned
Also truth bomb. Stephen Cobert and that other one I don't find funny either. Because fuck US politics.

Seriously? I haven't missed an episode of Colbert or TDS for years, they're both equally hilarious imo. I love it when they highlight the absurdity of American politics and FOX news, that shit is craaazy.

And I agree with Jintor, when your whole show is built around a single shtick like Colbert's is it's much easier to be consistently funny.

He only has the Joe Lieberman one :p

Don't forget the cranky Jew, the obnoxious New Yorker and Bush.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Seriously? I haven't missed an episode of Colbert or TDS for years, they're both equally hilarious imo. I love it when they highlight the absurdity of American politics and FOX news, that shit is craaazy.

Hurr, Hurr, Hurr, Hurr Americans are dumb, Fox 'News' is dumb. I haven't heard that one before!

Shorter Vook: <popular thing> sucks. Also, hipsters suck.

Hipster do suck, but I own many popular things that do in fact not suck.

Following that logic I'd use an Android phone and not an iPhone.

Fredescu

Not popular things, popular thing! As in, it's fairly often that you point out that you don't like a certain popular thing. Not that you don't like any popular thing.

While the Android family might be the most popular set of operating systems, the iPhone is far and away the most popular handset.

VOOK

Not popular things, popular thing! As in, it's fairly often that you point out that you don't like a certain popular thing. Not that you don't like any popular thing.

While the Android family might be the most popular set of operating systems, the iPhone is far and away the most popular handset.

Oh it's just like a circus every time something new is coming out. Game, movie, song, product. The same suspects go on and on about it and things like Twitter and Facebook are filled with it.

This morning it was all the Hobbit. No one could shut the fuck up about it, on and on, oh I don't know if I like it as a trilogy, oh they're just doing it to make money, oh its only a small book how can they make three movies.

That's it, it's done, that their decision, fucking deal with it.

Hmmm, yeah, that's not exactly the level of these humour that these shows are operating at.

Anyway...

Na they're on Reddit poster level of humour I'd say.

profoundly embarrassing post

Oh boo hoo.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh it's just like a circus every time something new is coming out. Game, movie, song, product. The same suspects go on and on about it and things like Twitter and Facebook are filled with it.

This morning it was all the Hobbit. No one could shut the fuck up about it, on and on, oh I don't know if I like it as a trilogy, oh they're just doing it to make money, oh its only a small book how can they make three movies.

good god you're boring

Fusebox

Banned

You sound like a cranky old man.

VOOK

This is true and I do like it when your blunt about it because it forces me to think. Sometimes you're wrong, but so is everyone.

Today it's the blood Samsung v Apple thing, ooooh some hot court case which could impact on patents and the meaning life and omg Steve Jobs said something ten years ago and Samsung were told by Google not to copy the iPad and it's all just so exciting!

No one has to agree with me, but whenever I say something against the mind hive I get shit back.

Fusebox

Banned
Today it's the blood Samsung v Apple thing, ooooh some hot court case which could impact on patents and the meaning life and omg Steve Jobs said something ten years ago and Samsung were told by Google not to copy the iPad and it's all just so exciting!

You're such a hipster.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
People have opinions? People are interested in the world outside of my bubble? Fuck you. Stop caring about things I can't be bothered understanding. Please focus your conversations onto things I'm interested in. Important things, like console region-locking, games classifications and 3DS hardware upgrades.

senahorse

I agree! It's interesting that Apple's hardline stance which was a direct legacy of Jobs might be the catalyst for the downfall of software patents. Good riddance too.

Cadbury won't be happy (not a software patent but a funny one nonetheless) . I was quite surprised when at the movies an advertisement for Cadbury chocolate came on and at the end it mentioned something to the effect of Cadbury owning the rights to the colour purple.

VOOK

I wonder if VOOK ever owned a game n watch.

It's the only thing I play on. Owning a smartphone is so mainstream.

People have opinions? People are interested in the world outside of my bubble? Fuck you. Stop caring about things I can't be bothered understanding. Please focus your conversations onto things I'm interested in. Important things, like console region-locking, games classifications and 3DS hardware upgrades.

Haha you're funny.

Omikron

I 'finished' Batman last night. I enjoyed my gaming experience. Punching bad guys in the face over and over again is amusing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Now that I have something to look forward to outside of work, I realise how much work sucks.

I'd be a little careful here. It sounds like you're in super-infatuation mode, which is sweet but unsustainable. It sounds kind of trite to say, but try to have other things in your life that remain just as satisfying as they were before, that are enjoyable independently of anyone else. It's absolutely critical. It covers you for the best case scenario (you stay together but the infatuation inevitably weakens) and the worst case scenario (you break up at the peak of your infatuation).

legend166

I'd be a little careful here. It sounds like you're in super-infatuation mode, which is sweet but unsustainable. It sounds kind of trite to say, but try to have other things in your life that remain just as satisfying as they were before, that are enjoyable independently of anyone else. It's absolutely critical. It covers you for the best case scenario (you stay together but the infatuation inevitably weakens) and the worst case scenario (you break up at the peak of your infatuation).

Oh, I definitely have other things to look forward to. But I guess what I mean is that all that stuff is much easier to fit around work. They don't play football during the week, I can listen to podcasts to and from work, I can play video games, I listen to music during work, etc, etc. But I mean, when you're trying to really get to know someone, something as simple as spending the day with them is hard to do, because work gets in the way.

And I say all this as someone who works a standard week. I can't imagine how hard it would be for people who do 50-60 hour weeks to build real relationships with people. No wonder the divorce rate is so high.

Omikron

You know what good advice is? To tell someone to enjoy themselves because they may never get that chance again.

Fucking do what you like legend. Don't listen to the cynical fuckers.

VOOK

Oh, I definitely have other things to look forward to. But I guess what I mean is that all that stuff is much easier to fit around work. They don't play football during the week, I can listen to podcasts to and from work, I can play video games, I listen to music during work, etc, etc. But I mean, when you're trying to really get to know someone, something as simple as spending the day with them is hard to do, because work gets in the way.

And I say all this as someone who works a standard week. I can't imagine how hard it would be for people who do 50-60 hour weeks to build real relationships with people. No wonder the divorce rate is so high.

Do they work?

You know what good advice is? To tell someone to enjoy themselves because they may never get that chance again.

Fucking do what you like legend. Don't listen to the cynical fuckers.

Have fun for sure, but don't go from I like you to I love you too quickly. Someone is more likely to get hurt. Patience!

Gazunta

I actually agree with Vook on pretty much everything he's said this page.

I don't think it's hipsterism, I don't think it's about being cranky, I just think its about being able to see and predict patterns in the conversation enough to already be over it by the time it begun.

See you all in another twenty pages when I post a couple of quick lines before fucking off again!

VOOK

Meh, life is about experience. Good and bad.

Oh for sure, you have to get burned a couple of times. Helps you learn, know what to look for next time.

Basically all I'm saying is don't be a clinger too early, take the time to learn to get to know someone. It could take months!

I was about a day away from going 'official' with this chick, then she snapped and revealed her true persona past the show she put on for dates. Dodged a bullet! 1 more day later could have been worse.

jambo

A relationship during times where you're studying isn't always the best idea haha.

And go for gold legend, enjoy it and have a good time.

I actually agree with Vook on pretty much everything he's said this page.

I don't think it's hipsterism, I don't think it's about being cranky, I just think its about being able to see and predict patterns in the conversation enough to already be over it by the time it begun.

See you all in another twenty pages when I post a couple of quick lines before fucking off again!

Of course you'd say that, you grumpy old man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom