• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC parts aren't too badly priced here compared to overseas, you can usually import if need be. We DO miss out on awesome daily deals from places like Newegg and the bundle deals, which sucks.
$1200 will buy you an awesome PC at the moment.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man, GMG is a life saver. Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition $36, Darksiders II: Limited Edition $37.46, and Borderlands 2 for $40.

~$113 for three new games.

Omikron

JNfSH.png

Thanks NeoGAF.

Yagharek

Man, GMG is a life saver. Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition $36, Darksiders II: Limited Edition $37.46, and Borderlands 2 for $40.

~$113 for three new games.

Goddamn. I was going to hold out on sleeping dogs to see if it hits Wii u down the line, but at that price I'll bite.

legend166

The Olympics thread on the OT is ruined by the fact that it just contains a bunch of Americans talking about events that happened three hours ago as if they were happening live, because NBC is stupid and shows everything on delay.

The only thing worse than watching delayed sport is reading other people talk about delayed sport.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And now Hitman: Absolution for $36.

Video games.

jambo

The Olympics thread on the OT is ruined by the fact that it just contains a bunch of Americans talking about events that happened three hours ago as if they were happening live, because NBC is stupid and shows everything on delay.

The only thing worse than watching delayed sport is reading other people talk about delayed sport.

Dammit, you just reminded me that I forgot to check the listings this morning to record stuff =\

No throat, not the day before my first oral... why would you betray me like this...

Must... resist... making... jokes...

senahorse

Video games.

GMG has been great lately with prices. I currently have Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders2, Dark Souls and Borderlands 2 on order from them. All up it cost ~$180 for 5 unreleased games, and all Steamworks (or steam activated).

Love PC gaming :D

edit: Having a multicast FTA TV service at work is a great thing for watching the Olympics. All setup with VLC 'always on top' in one window, and work in the other :)

Claimed so I can rightfully bitch about it. Plus I saw an old friend jump on Steam and start playing it, thought I might be terrible and join him, while laughing about how shit I am.
Hell, if it turns you into a fan, I'll commit to playing more in order to challenge my opinion.

I have six or seven beta codes if anyone wants one.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So maybe a DAS silent pro wacky keyboard or whatever it's fucking called, Is in order.

I would like one with a lcd screen for music though, Cause I like to know what's playing when it goes silent. Gotta skip that shitty song!

Why is there no easy way to search for a property that requires some work. I would like to see what's out there.

Fredescu

Between realestate.com.au, domain.com.au and onthehouse.com.au you shouldn't have any problems finding something.

I think he means that you can't tick a box that says "needs work". I guess all you can do is set the price threshold fairly low so that search will only show the poorer examples for a particular suburb.

senahorse

I think he means that you can't tick a box that says "needs work". I guess all you can do is set the price threshold fairly low so that search will only show the poorer examples for a particular suburb.

Ah, reading fail.

Yeah cookie, don't 'try' to find a place that needs work, just look within your price range. Every established house you buy will need some kind of work (depending on the buyer of course). Wouldn't you rather something that you can live in and work on?

Danoss

Anyone else not give a flying shit about The Hobbit?

I certainly don't care anymore. Since it has now been confirmed to be 3 films, that'll stretch it out into a massive yawnfest. Fuck I wish Del Toro was still attached, such a shame he bailed on the slow-as-molasses production.

hamchan

3 movies for The Hobbit holy hell. Well, now I'm interested in how they're gonna pull that off. Maybe if the original planned 2 movies were 3 hours each, they can cut that down into 3 2 hour movies lol.

The part I enjoy most about Dota 2 is actually playing with 4 other Ausgaffers and chatting away in Mumble. Yes sometimes we all get shitty at the game or other people (but that's true of anything competitive I suppose), but 95% of the time it's just good fun. Especially laughing at Donk and his shitty pinging.

i agree

Yagharek

I certainly don't care anymore. Since it has now been confirmed to be 3 films, that'll stretch it out into a massive yawnfest. Fuck I wish Del Toro was still attached, such a shame he bailed on the slow-as-molasses production.

Wait, del Toro bailed out?!

Del Toro has been out for agessssssss since they took so fucking long to get moving on filming. Strike action by the NZ Actors Guild didn't help the pace either afterwards. His next monster movie looks fantastic thankfully.

Fuck yesssssssssssssssssssss! Got the house we applied for! Apparently there were other applicants and tons of people at the inspection my wife went to. It is $40 a week cheaper than our current place (which is old and run down) and is only probably 5-7 years old with central heating and no gardens! Just fuckloads of grass for the little guy to run around on! We can kick the soccer ball around now! Also he LOVED watching the basketball yesterday so I can get a hoop. So freaking happy to get into a nicer house so easily. Now just to do all the gardening at our current place and give notice :/

Goddamn. I was going to hold out on sleeping dogs to see if it hits Wii u down the line, but at that price I'll bite.

Omi: that would mean giving up the comfy couch!
Depends on how big your monitor is or how long your HDMI cable is! The comfy couch argument hasn't held any water for a long time now.

Video games.
PC gaming is amazing with the acceptance of digital distribution. Paid $25 for Spec Ops The Line at launch from Amazon! Arkham City and a few others were around the $36 mark too. Such an amazing time to be a PC gamer with the top end getting under $40 and the wealth of indie/older content for $5!

Still don't know whether to buy Sleeping Dogs or not. The world needs more open world games in Asia though.
BUY BUY BUY if you like this video of a mission walkthrough. My kinda game indeed! I get the feeling you would like it.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Also truth bomb. Stephen Cobert and that other one I don't find funny either. Because fuck US politics.

jambo

Yeah, Stewart and Colbert are hilarious, on TV, in their books and pretty much anywhere else they show up.

I loved that interview that Colbert did with Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Anyone else not give a flying shit about The Hobbit?

Very excited about The Hobbit. I love both the universe that Tolkien created and Jackson's interpretation of it on film. Can't wait for the first one this December, although I'm still on the fence about the whole trilogy thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom