• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Oh for sure, you have to get burned a couple of times. Helps you learn, know what to look for next time.

Basically all I'm saying is don't be a clinger too early, take the time to learn to get to know someone. It could take months!

I was about a day away from going 'official' with this chick, then she snapped and revealed her true persona past the show she put on for dates. Dodged a bullet! 1 more day later could have been worse.

"This bad thing happened to me one time, so you should be careful too"

Just let him work it out.

Danoss

I agree, anecdotal evidence is pretty useless.

Indeed. I was very good friends with this guy for 10 years before I saw his true self, neither myself nor anyone else saw it coming. Shit happens, deal with it and move on.

Some guys are arseholes, some are not. Some women are conniving pieces of shit, some are not. Some people will swear by one brand of hard drive because of a bad experience, others will say those people are wrong because they've never had a problem.

Eh, my wife and I fell really hard for each other really quickly. Just complete honesty and we are still going strong! Certainly thought I was in love 100% in the past but it doesn't compare to what I feel for her.

Then why do people read reviews?
To qualify their use of disposable income.

Danoss

I asked for a review site, not a bunch of unfunny shit by self-centred arseholes. Also pictures of cats are unnecessary.

Danoss

When did I say otherwise, learn what you can from as many people, read as much as can and then go and do you own thing knowing what's out there.

Simple?

Simple, yes. Also incredibly boring.

Where's the fun if there's no risk? Why not go out there with open eyes and take in things for yourself? Some advice is worth taking, usually because it's painfully obvious, but discovering things on your own is a fun adventure in itself.

Guys.. chicks be crazy. That is the lesson to learn. One thing my old friends mum used to say was "when someone shows you how ugly they are inside, believe them". Do that with everyone. If someone is a bitch around you about someone else, what is to say they won't be a bitch about you to someone else. Do not stick your dick in crazy. Do not sympathy fuck a girl who just got dumped, no matter how hot she is. Do not help someone cheat. Do not be nice to a girl and expect anything from her. Do not assume she's a slut if she dresses slutty (though if she's showing cheek and it's 11am on a weekday.. well).

Just use your common sense. Always have the headspace to be able to take a step back and assess the situation. At the same time though, don't overthink every single situation.

Also, this is just anecdotal evidence from a guy who has been in a relationship for nearly 6 years. This is anecdotal evidence of anecdotal evidence, so take of it what you will. Also my advice has nothing to do with being a player.

edit: reading back on everything i wrote, its all a mess of shit. its not advice in general, just don't scare her off by being overeager or being too aloof. if you want to hang out with her, do it. plus guys, if he really likes her he won't listen to a fucking word any of us are saying to him

This cold is making me delirious. The guy at the coffee shop asked for a name, and I gave him first-middle-last, and then dropped my coins everywhere when I realised. I wanna go home and sleep :'(

I can see where vook is coming from with the being careful, but if he's happy let him be. As long as he's not scaring the girl away it'll be fine. I'm not sure feeling is something you can control anyway.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
my advice, on the other hand, comes from a total player. so much dick.

Danoss

One thing my old friends mum used to say was "when someone shows you how ugly they are inside, believe them". Do that with everyone. If someone is a bitch around you about someone else, what is to say they won't be a bitch about you to someone else.

Advice worth listening to. Common sense too, which isn't all too common these days (overused phrase, but sadly true).

And when you mentioned cheating, if they cheat on someone else with you, there's nothing to indicate they wouldn't do it to you. It's painfully obvious, though perhaps not at the time. People reveal unpleasant bits of themselves all the time, you just have to be able to pick up on it. It's the experience of being totally fucked over, hurt, lied to, etc by someone that helps you see it in the future; that's something advice or someone else's experience can't do.

Fredescu

The hero that this page deserves:

3nNxC.jpg

Danoss

It seems that when I'm involved in a discussion, it's seen as an unpleasant argument. That's disappointing. Don't worry, I'll show myself out.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
aaaaand we come full circle. See y'all tomorrow.

Fredescu

It seems that when I'm involved in a discussion, it's seen as an unpleasant argument. That's disappointing. Don't worry, I'll show myself out.
As someone who incites, inflames, and provokes more arguments than anyone else in the history of AusGAF, let me say from experience that there are people that will say this about any argument, so matter how worthy or un. Don't let it get to you.

Danoss

As someone who incites, inflames, and provokes more arguments than anyone else in the history of AusGAF, let me say from experience that there are people that will say this about any argument, so matter how worthy or un. Don't let it get to you.

I've noticed. I'm not really that bothered, it's just an observation. I have noticed it's the same few people each time too. My post wasn't at all serious, but right on queue, I saw the post I expected immediately after.

Seems like Audrey's been watching some Posh Nosh.

After 5 years of uni I did my first casual session today. I'm seriously over the moon, even though it was for half a day :)

This is what it feels like to earn money again...

Time to crack open an apple cider.

Yagharek

I actually agree with Vook on pretty much everything he's said this page.

I don't think it's hipsterism, I don't think it's about being cranky, I just think its about being able to see and predict patterns in the conversation enough to already be over it by the time it begun.

See you all in another twenty pages when I post a couple of quick lines before fucking off again!

I agree with this post too.

markot

Banned
How much could I sell that windpad tablet thingy for on ebay eh?

I kinda dont need it, and want to just get a small cheap laptop instead for typing / office stuff on the go, with my nexus 7 as backup for reading and interneting and whatnoting.

Anyone from AusGAF planning on getting Borderlands 2 on PC when it comes out? Pretty much all my friends play consoles and I'd love to play some co-op.

jambo

It looks like the customisation is waaaaayyyyy better than the first game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uNTUn27uY#t=47s

Anyone from AusGAF planning on getting Borderlands 2 on PC when it comes out? Pretty much all my friends play consoles and I'd love to play some co-op.

A whole bunch of us recently pre-ordered either boxed copies or Steam 4 packs, so there should be plenty of co-op partners available come September =]

There were a bunch of us going in on 4 packs (omi and jambo for sure) on steam.. I'm buying retail from OzGameshop (deluxe) so ill be a week behind most likely. see this thread a few pages back to check for those of us buying

edit: JAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~!!1!!
edit2: from this post onwards: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40318118&highlight=borderlands+2#post40318118

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
"urgh, old" syndrome is the worst. I can barely articulate why I hate it so much. It's indicative of a mind-set that, studying CS, I come across all the time. Bravo, genius! You've successfully predicated that something interesting will be popular among people when they hear about it. Yep, they don't spend hours a day in front of the computer and won't hear about it for a few days yet. Can you pick me some lottery numbers? You're practically clairvoyant.

This isn't meant as "shots fired" as Gaz, Vook or Vince. It's more of a general rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom