• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a funny way of showing it :'(

He means "we love our monies money monies money". Also they hate Japanese gamers more than us with the region locking since they feel the need to lock it out for people there to import a staggered release that will probably have already dropped in price locally when P4A releases 2 weeks later in the US.

Rezbit

Just about at beer deluxe if anyone wants to hang out. There will be a grey scarf on my table. Yeah so come and stalk me if you want.

senahorse

Tonight I am going to:

lotr-328.jpg

Should be good times :D

I was originally going to say that pic of Elijah Wood is an action shot of Frodo reaching for the snooze button from the alarm clock's POV

senahorse

I really like PJ's adaption of one of my favourite fantasy stories, it's probably about as good as you can expect from the genre. The score is fantastic so the opportunity to see it with live music I am sure will be a great experience. That said this is a video games forum and haters gonna hate :)

Edit: god the spell correction on this s3 sucks

Danoss

On the topic of music, I can't believe I've only just come across Game Over. Specifically their song Transylvanian Temptation, a metal version of the music in Castlevania stages 1 and 3. I loved the shit out of that game and those 8-bit tunes, even though I think I only ever got up to Frankenstein's Monster & Igor.

Seriously, have a listen. They've done some other tunes, like Mega Man and Zelda too.

Not loving LOTR soundtrack counts as hating classical music?

I really like PJ's adaption of one of my favourite fantasy stories, it's probably about as good as you can expect from the genre. The score is fantastic so the opportunity to see it with live music I am sure will be a great experience. That said this is a video games forum and haters gonna hate :)

Edit: god the spell correction on this s3 sucks
I found them sooooo boring but I realise I am in the minority.
I thought the Watchmen movie was as good an adaption as you can expect, so I know what you are talking about (especially since everyone I know seems to bitch about Watchmen).

Also this is the best Android keyboard setup! Thanks again to Cod for the hookup.

Yagharek

I discovered the ocarina of time gold skulltula sound makes for a much less stressful sms alert sound than the metal gear alarm exclamation sound :-S

lol, serving fast food is so dumb. The lady training me kept making me stick to this super strict dialogue, even when it didn't make sense. Eg.

Customer: I want a mountain dew?
Me: anything else?
Customer: no.
Me: okay that's $2.50 (or something)
Trainer: you forgot to ask them if they want a gravy for $1.
Me: do you want a gravy for $1?
Customer: um no, just the mountain dew.
Trainer: now you have to double check the order.
Me: So you wanted a mountain dew?
Customer: Yes.
Trainer: Now ask if they want cash out.
ETC ETC.

I mean, I get that they want to up-sell, but sometimes its clear the person doesn't want anything else. COMMON SENSE. ARGH. It probably sounded more silly because the customer could hear the trainer as well. Apparently my voice is too quiet =/ not sure what I can do about that without shouting though. Stupid voice. At least the pay is decent. Well, more decent than I've ever made :D

Tonight I am going to:

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/lotr-328.jpg[IMG]

Should be good times :D[/QUOTE]

Awww man, I am so SO jealous.

I discovered the ocarina of time gold skulltula sound makes for a much less stressful sms alert sound than the metal gear alarm exclamation sound :-S
That's the grindy noise they make as they're rotating, right? That's... still not very peaceful...

I used to pick sounds that I really enjoyed for my message and ring tones. However, 95% of the messages and calls I receive are work related and therefore annoying, disruptive and frustrating. This meant that I slowly began to hate those sounds and therefore the thing that I once enjoyed. Stock standard noises for me, now.

BTW Vince, I recently started using a xperia s. I very much like the phone and am glad to here that you are, too.

Yagharek

It's a little tinkling sound when you get a gold medal from one.

And yeah, phone is the goods so far. Just takes a while to adjust.

Got any good tips for browsers etc?

Fredescu

Got any good tips for browsers etc?
As someone that ran about six browsers simultaneously for about a month trying to answer that very question, I think my favourite is still Dolphin Browser HD. Tabs are easiest to access and they can load in the background. It's not as fast to render as Chrome, but you can't accelerate scrolling in Chrome yet, so it can take forever to get to the bottom of a long page. I also don't like how the tabs are hidden away.

I'm not really a phone person, I'm sorry. Using a phone occupationally and being on call 24/7 and heavily using phones during the day, I kinda don't like phones any more. I do like the screen on the Sony, though. Very bright, clear and responsive.

All I've really done on my phone is a couple of visual widgets and changed my wallpaper. I also stopped using the shitty "timeline" that the phone wanted me to use for messages and tweets. The Go Launcher Suite is a good customization tool and offers a good messaging program. At some point I've probably going to try and remove all necessary programs to reduce processor demands and to give it a but more pep.

As for the browser, I couldn't even tell you which browser the phone uses by default, sorry. I'm guessing Chrome? People like Chrome, don't they?

Edit: Vince, re: Android version - which carrier are you with and how are you checking for updates?

Yagharek

6.1.A.0.452 is what I'm being prompted to update to. I have a Mac though so I need bridge I think. I'll have to try when I get home. This is on Telstra btw

Yeah, from what I read, I don't think the Sonys update over the air. You need to use the Sony PC Update software to do so. You should have the Android ICS 4 update available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom