• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Definitely freezing today. Got to 0 sometime this morning in Gympie. Its QLD it's not supposed to be cold Q_Q

Clipper, I dunno what that game is but I suddenly have the hankering to play some Hero Quest :3

The staff at grilled don't know how to pour wine, lol. They filled my glass right to the brim.. not that I'm complaining.

It's been a pleasant day here in Adelaide. Sunny and 15c.

I'm pretty chuffed about the confirmed bands for Soundwave next year. Blink 182 and Stone Sour are the main ones atm. Oh how I wish they'd release the lineup now. Need to get hyped
No way. NO WAY!!!!! AAAAAAAAH!!!! This is the best day ever -
I hope a7x comes back, I'm still fuming after they pulled out last year and I couldn't afford their solo tour :mad:

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
The staff at grilled don't know how to pour wine, lol. They filled my glass right to the brim.. not that I'm complaining.

No way. NO WAY!!!!! AAAAAAAAH!!!! This is the best day ever -
I hope a7x comes back, I'm still fuming after they pulled out last year and I couldn't afford their solo tour :mad:

I'm honestly surprised you hadn't heard anything. It's been all over fb and whatnot. Also this page is keeping me up to date

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/soundwave-2013-lineup-rumours/

You can get wine at Grill'd?

That sounds like one of those offerings that's probably best not to accept from a place. You know, like if Hungry Jacks started to serve escargot. Ah, no thanks.

You can get wine at Grill'd?

That sounds like one of those offerings that's probably best not to accept from a place. You know, like if Hungry Jacks started to serve escargot. Ah, no thanks.
Lol, the one in Brisbane's wintergarden has a bar. It's actually not so bad. They keep dirty granny on tap!
I'm honestly surprised you hadn't heard anything. It's been all over fb and whatnot. Also this page is keeping me up to date

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/soundwave-2013-lineup-rumours/
lol, I've been out all day, but also out of the loop in general. Thank-you for telling me!!

Whelp, there goes my night

New Blink 182 album was terrible. A mate of mine in NY said their comeback tour was pretty lifeless too but that might have just been from getting back into the groove. Just heard from some friends who saw Smashing Pumpkins a week or so ago and they had nothing great to say, especially when we were amazed at how awesome they were at V-Festival back in 2008 or so.
Avenged were pretty damn good on their self titled album tour, even though they still haven't gotten back to City of Evil quality, which is annoying since it was what, 7 years ago now?

Fuck I'm getting old :(

lol port adelaide >_<
Into my 6th litre of beer tonight :/

reptilescorpio said:
New Blink 182 album was terrible. A mate of mine in NY said their comeback tour was pretty lifeless too but that might have just been from getting back into the groove. Just heard from some friends who saw Smashing Pumpkins a week or so ago and they had nothing great to say, especially when we were amazed at how awesome they were at V-Festival back in 2008 or so.
Avenged were pretty damn good on their self titled album tour, even though they still haven't gotten back to City of Evil quality, which is annoying since it was what, 7 years ago now?

I wish I was old enough to have gone. I really liked the self titled album - even more than city of evil. I do wonder how they would have done it though, what with the orchestra/choir parts.
Having a track would be kinda lame. Didn't the drummer die or something? Can they still play? I remember hearing that after the b52s guitarist died they kept touring but just played without a guitar. That made me real sad:(

I don't even care if blink aren't great anymore, seeing them at all is more than I could have hoped for. I didn't know there was a new album :s I am so So out if the loop.

Dead Man

Die Antwoord is amazing.
Yes. Yes they are.
Whelp, there goes my night

Into my 6th litre of beer tonight :/
Ever since NIN were at Soundwave every line up has been a bit disappoint for me.

I wish I was old enough to have gone. I really liked the self titled album - even more than city of evil. I do wonder how they would have done it though, what with the orchestra/choir parts.
Having a track would be kinda lame. Didn't the drummer die or something? Can they still play?
He died before the release of the new album, they brought in the old workhorse Mike Portnoy for a fill in until they found some kid from a shitty metalcore band. Still love to belt out Wicked End.

For the love of God, please tell me that's the name of an alcoholic drink!
Drank a boatload of Dirty Granny at the Matilda Bay brewery, goes down a treat. The mulled version was insanely tasty too since they change the spices as people drink it according to what people are feeling like. Plus they serve it in an old tin cup!

Ever since NIN were at Soundwave every line up has been a bit disappoint for me.
Ever since I saw NIN every show has been a little disappoint. :/ Loved the stripped down show they did for the final shows (was it Festival Hall in Melbourne? Can't remember. They played HiFi one other time).

Seeing The Prodigy at BDO a couple of years back was intense though, insanely talented at getting every chamber firing exactly how the crowd needs them too.

Danoss

It's still freezing down here in Sydney, though, Shan...

It was a lovely day. I was in jeans and a t-shirt and was a bit too warm. That changed in the late afternoon though, as predicted.

Had an awesome D&D day today. We went to an area near our Barony to find the Troll King and dispose of him. He and his army had made their home in an old Dwarven hold, so we went in there and ruined their day. Killing the Trolls completely was trivialised by the Genasi Swordmage in our group who had an at-will fire-based attack to finish them off with (Trolls can regenerate health and appendages if not exposed to fire or acid, for those not aware). We had a few vials of Alchemical Fire with us to help us have our bases covered.

I laughed when we fought our way through many waves of trolls and disposed of the Troll King but didn't put get to put him away with a fire attack before he rose again. He had just regenerated and risen to his feet and was about to take an axe to one of our tanks when I thudded in an arrow in his chest, stopping him. The GM was pleased to be able to inflict some more damage before dying once more, but nope, not today. Our Swordmage then put him down permanently.

There were many more great moments, but deflating the GM at that particular point was great.

The ride home was freezing. I have a lump on one of my fingers where it has reacted to the cold wind, it'll take a couple of days keeping it warm and looking after it to make that go away. I badly need some new gloves, the summer ones I have are doing a very poor job.

Gazunta

Is that the one where he kept going on about his kingswood or whatever car >.>?
You can't borrow the Kingswood! I just finished polishing the dipstick!

It's C64 Month, people. Play a C64 game every day! Tonight I think I will play...Microprose Soccer. It's basically an 8-bit prototype of Sensible Soccer.

Dead Man

Omg watching them play with those strobe lights made me feel like I was tripping! (Completely sober) Got damn...
Epic stuff
He died before the release of the new album, they brought in the old workhorse Mike Portnoy for a fill in until they found some kid from a shitty metalcore band. Still love to belt out Wicked End.

Drank a boatload of Dirty Granny at the Matilda Bay brewery, goes down a treat. The mulled version was insanely tasty too since they change the spices as people drink it according to what people are feeling like. Plus they serve it in an old tin cup!

Ever since I saw NIN every show has been a little disappoint. :/ Loved the stripped down show they did for the final shows (was it Festival Hall in Melbourne? Can't remember. They played HiFi one other time).

Seeing The Prodigy at BDO a couple of years back was intense though, insanely talented at getting every chamber firing exactly how the crowd needs them too.
I saw Faith No More at Thebarton, then didn't see any live music for a while. My next concert was Bowie and NIN on the Outside tour. So amzingly epic. Nothing has really topped that. I missed most of the australian nin tours until ther Soundwave gigs.

Good to hear Prodigy can still bring the noise.

You can't borrow the Kingswood! I just finished polishing the dipstick!

It's C64 Month, people. Play a C64 game every day! Tonight I think I will play...Microprose Soccer. It's basically an 8-bit prototype of Sensible Soccer.

Can I listen to a C64 song a day as an acceptable alternative? That thing could produce some wicked music.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Epic stuff

I saw Faith No More at Thebarton, then didn't see any live music for a while. My next concert was Bowie and NIN on the Outside tour. So amzingly epic. Nothing has really topped that. I missed most of the australian nin tours until ther Soundwave gigs.

Good to hear Prodigy can still bring the noise.
Thebarton? You're not an Adeladian by any chance? *Gets too excited*

Dead Man LOVES Adelaide!

Also which ships quicker, Book Depository in the US or the UK? I need a textbook for this assignment I was meant to already almost be finished.

In my experience, once I get the shipping notification, I find there is is shorter delay when items come from the UK. Within 2 weeks from England (usually 1 1/2 weeks) and just over 2 weeks from the US. I don't know why.

YMMV blah blah blah.

Danoss

Also which ships quicker, Book Depository in the US or the UK? I need a textbook for this assignment I was meant to already almost be finished.
UK for me also. The Royal Mail is awesomely fast and cheap too! I've had it beat DHL and all sorts of things, it's great.

It is pretty much on the 2 week mark for me too, occasionally, it's a bit quicker.

Holy crap Batman was great. so great. I punched my fist in the air and said "you lose <person who tried to ruin the ending> " only bad bit was when
Michael Caine cried, it made me cry too:(
Hopefully my shipment will arrive this week :/
Mine too. ;.; waiting on a couple of things actually.

Yagharek

Holy crap Batman was great. so great. I punched my fist in the air and said "you lose <person who tried to ruin the ending> " only bad bit was when
Michael Caine cried, it made me cry too:(

Mine too. ;.; waiting on a couple of things actually.

Told you to just enjoy it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yar. I have Woman in the Dunes coming. Such a killer book. I should really see the film.
The film is even better. The book is good-tier, but the film is god-tier by comparison. Really wish it got a blu-ray release one of these days.

midonnay

Nexus 7 search am fail...... must have phoned and tried like 30 stores :/

ps I would get on a motorcycle if it could do the crazy shit the batcycle does in TDKR... so cool :O

Yagharek

It's just hype etc. They buil themselves up over it to an extreme level, risk spoiling it for everyone with their endless analysis and speculation about it before the fact, then complain the loudest afterwards.

I'm guilty of doing this too, in the past. I learnt my lessons however.

Man now I am tempted to run down to the shitty cinema here and fork out $20 or whatever it costs to go to a shitty half arsed country cinema to see TDKR again. So good.

Although downloading a cam rip would probably offer better visual quality than the shitty "screen" here.

I hate living in the country.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Its embarrassing reading the OTs for TDKR. All the people who hyped it up are now tearing it down. They will do it with every movie too.
It's not hype, the film just isn't that good. People don't tear down films post-release when they are genuinely good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom