• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a grand time at Game Masters with Rezbit. Not too much awkwardness beer couldn't fix!

The 70s arcade machines were easily the best part IMO.

Sorry i couldn't hang around too long after, Holy, I know you're lurking!

Also, I've been drinking since 13:45, and had tacos for lunch and dinner, so... yay.

midonnay

I... what? Neither of those quotes makes sense.

He ordered a pie but thought the owner was taking the piss out of the Prime minister so he threw a hissy fit.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opi...piping-hot-meat-and-greet-20120803-23kdy.html

All he wanted was a pie. Sometimes what a man needs is just that: a pie.

But when federal workplace minister Bill Shorten walked into Carlton North Foods in Melbourne on Thursday afternoon to satisfy his straight-up longing for a tasty stew of mince meat encased in a crisp pastry shell, what he got was a hot serve of back-chat.

The putative pie purveyor, shop-keeper Annie Huang, said she informed the Cabinet minister she was all out of hot pies. She would be happy to microwave one for him, she said, but it would be soft.

Not everyone likes a soft pie.

Upon hearing this disappointing news, Mr Shorten became abusive, Ms Huang told Fairfax radio.

If true, he would certainly not be the first man thrown into a rage when so denied, but Mr Shorten narrates the story differently.

He says that Ms Huang told him that the pies were ''soft, like Julia Gillard''. He took this as an insult to his leader, exited the shop and told her that he would no longer be purchasing her pies, or darkening her doorstep at all.

ps: TIL aussies used to have concrete aborigines on their front lawns rather than garden gnomes.....

hamchan

I don't envy Korean celebs, they seem to have it pretty rough in general.

I envy some celebs like Yoo Jae Suk. Being in variety shows seems like a very fun time. I don't envy the girl group idols. Seems sorta like their freedom being taken away when they join these groups.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Die Antwoord is amazing.

Rezbit

Had a grand time at Game Masters with Rezbit. Not too much awkwardness beer couldn't fix!

The 70s arcade machines were easily the best part IMO.

Sorry i couldn't hang around too long after, Holy, I know you're lurking!

Also, I've been drinking since 13:45, and had tacos for lunch and dinner, so... yay.

Yeah awesome to meet you cods! You too holycheck! Had a nice couple of beers with you dudes. Let's do it again ay.

Yeah I loved the old shit as well. Asteroids was awesome.

hamchan

I envy Jae Suk because he's possibly the most charismatic man alive.

That too. Everyone likes him, he's probably one of the most likable persons alive. Anyone who doesn't like Jae Suk is going to hell.

Isn't t-ara going through some sort of drama/kerfuffle at the moment? kpop so crazy!

Yep, their group is pretty much done because of their tarnished reputation. I like the drama in K-pop quite a bit.

Gazunta

ps: TIL aussies used to have concrete aborigines on their front lawns rather than garden gnomes.....
b08147b94652e2f6d55b10f924d4543864070b31_full.jpg

Still the greatest* Australian TV show ever.

* in an ironic so bad it's good way I swear

senahorse

Awww man, I am so SO jealous.

The concert was fantastic. I have never seen a movie before with a live score so I don't have anything to compare it to but it was simply amazing. The whole thing was a perfect rendition of the original score but much better due to the 200 strong choir and 100 musicians. The girl who sang the solo parts had a spectacular voice.

I guess the entire audience in the sold out concert hall agreed as they all rose for a standing ovation at the end, an incredible experience. Also good news for you, at the end a screen came up announcing that The Two Towers will screen in 2013, you can express your interest on QPAC's site to get early notice.

Yagharek

Eskimo Pie installed.

edit: phone takes a whle to turn on after install

edit 2: whoops, hold down power button. panic mode deactivated

This does not feel like august at all. If the weather continues to improve the way it is, I'll be able to go swimming by october! /wishfulthinking.

Clipper

It's still freezing down here in Sydney, though, Shan...

In other news, I just updated my implementation of the online Discworld: Ankh Morpork to work with the new updates in Roll20. No more need to zoom (as they broke zoom anyway). I realise I haven't actually ever put up an image of this thing, so here's how it looks with some of the pieces and cards...
discworld.jpg

So... anyone interested in joining in playing a game this afternoon or tonight? Should take about 2 hours given the previous tests I've done with other AusGAFfers new to the game.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
It's been a pleasant day here in Adelaide. Sunny and 15c.

I'm pretty chuffed about the confirmed bands for Soundwave next year. Blink 182 and Stone Sour are the main ones atm. Oh how I wish they'd release the lineup now. Need to get hyped

Kritz

Banned
For what it's worth, Discworld is a pretty fun game if Clipper's posts haven't sold you enough. Unfortunately I've been a bit tied down with uni and other things to play. I'll try to get in one of these nights with you though.

In alcohol news, my father bought home a relatively new Jameson whiskey thing. It's their irish whiskey, but mixed with cloudy apple. So it tastes like whiskey dry + apple cider. For what it's worth, it's actually a really delicious drink. Still has the burning taste of whiskey, but the sour taste of some good apple cider. Super complementary tastes, I think.

I actually dunno if it's a new thing or not. Dad just brings home weird stuff from time to time from his work. (Manages a bottleshop branch up on the eastern shore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom