• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty disappointed in our nation at the moment. Treating silver or bronze as a huge loss. Meanwhile, NZ is going crazy over bronze medals.
Magnussen was basically the winner in his race, he outswam the other dude but the American could outreach him. He should still be chuffed that he swam so quick, regardless of what medal was earned.

The only good thing to come out of any Olympics was The Dream.
Also Giaan Rooney

I gotta have my yolks runny, poaches or fried or whatever. Runny yolks on toast is the best.
Fuck yes, also runny egg on top of a stack of french fries is pure cardiac arrest heaven. Love me some English breakfast.

I keep forgetting about all the awesome exhibitions the museum has. Missed the Egypt one because I'm an idiot... If you go make sure you post your impressions!

Rezbit

http://youtu.be/fKk0zcJ7GqE

MelbGaf Meet MOVED TO TODAY!!!!!!

(sorry i could only find this shit version)
Rezbit and Cods are meeting for lunch and game masters
everyone else either join them then or after work at beer delux
everyone is going so dont worry about that
please reply with a time you can get there

Quote for secrets

edit: somethings gone wrong here

Meet around 2-30 if you're interested at beer deluxe!

Stackboy

I think we should be elated for any medal win. Sure it's difficult for the sportsperson to accept that after all the years of training and hard work that they don't get gold, but be humble and thankful that you got that far.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go have a cry about not being first in line at the local cafe for my bacon and egg sammy this morning.

Rahk

Apparently there are some PSP games on sale on the Vita PSN AU store. Anyone know what they are?

I have forsaken it for the US store.

Omikron

Apparently there are some PSP games on sale on the Vita PSN AU store. Anyone know what they are?

I have forsaken it for the US store.

Didn't notice any decent prices, a whole bunch of Disney shit is on sale I noticed. All I grabbed was the FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PSN+ copy of Rock of Ages and Dead Space 2! Free!

jambo

I used up all of my remaining pre-paid data watching Carmack's QuakeCon Keynote on the bus this morning :lol

EDIT: Dawnguard is $25 AUD? Wtf?!

Rezbit

I think we should be elated for any medal win. Sure it's difficult for the sportsperson to accept that after all the years of training and hard work that they don't get gold, but be humble and thankful that you got that far.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go have a cry about not being first in line at the local cafe for my bacon and egg sammy this morning.

Announcer: And now, Avis Rent-A-Car is proud to present the second best band in America. Will you welcome Garfunkel, Messina, Oates, and Lisa singing their number two hit, "Born to Runner-up".
[Audience boos]
Lisa: Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?

Yagharek

So, now that the australian swim team has been brought down a few pegs to a realistic medal haul for a change, is the country going to stop hyping them up as the Greatest Thing in the Nation?

Fuck no.

They're going to throw millions at an inquiry to find out why they went "so poorly" and inevitably throw much more money at it until they get every single medal on offer.

>.<

I'm not seeing it for that price. Also, isn't it not available to the AU region?

Huh, the fuck? Was $5 when I checked earlier. 75% off. Maybe it was the mid-week special, back up to $20 now :/

VVVV strange since I pulled them all up at the same time, must have been only up at that price for a few minutes until they realised it would be silly to sell it for 75% when they are just only now putting it up for sale :/

Which is why I thought this was weird. Up until today, War for Cybertron has not been available in this region, which sucked, because it was a daily or midweek special but wasn't in our store.

Now it's there.

Full price.

Lucky us.

hamchan

Which is why I thought this was weird. Up until today, War for Cybertron has not been available in this region, which sucked, because it was a daily or midweek special but wasn't in our store.

Now it's there.

Full price.

Lucky us.

It was like $5 in our store yesterday.

Lucky those artists can control how they sell it.
Luckily my over-inflated sense of entitlement allowed me to overrule their rights. Phew!

Edit:
It was like $5 in our store yesterday.
Huh. So it became available yesterday, then? Weird. I wonder if it has anything to do with the next game coming out soon.

Thanks for that.

Edit, the Deux:
Really? A few people I know from Australia have played the first one on Steam for ages now...
Shhhhhhhhh... don't tell anyone but I think those people were gifted those copies. Don't tell gaben.

jambo

Now it's there.

Full price.

Lucky us.

Really? A few people I know from Australia have played the first one on Steam for ages now...

Huh. So it became available yesterday, then? Weird. I wonder if it has anything to do with the next game coming out soon.

Also it is indeed because of the second game coming, you can buy it in a bundle so I assume it will be used as a promo thing at some outlets as a pre-order bonus. Wonder if EBGames could get on board with something like that? Hand over a Steamkey for the first game if you pre-order a retail version of the second.

Thanks for that.
Getting mixed reports for when it came out here? I know last time it was on sale it wasn't available here. Maybe it has been pulled a few times.

Could have been gifted from the US, I think I have a copy from one of the sales.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Why is Dishonoured up for pre-order on US Steam, but no Australia?

Fuck Bethesda is shit.

Best thing about the olympics is the T from the Commonwealth Bank ads being right, that and the fact that the Commonwealth Bank look like dicks for making that ad.

I wouldn't care about the lack of gold but certain swimmers were talked up and talked themselves up so much that it just appears a massive choke not to win gold.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It doesn't matter Eat, all that matters is Rise of the Triad.

Rise of the Triad is the best news of the day. But I really want to put my money down for Dishonoured too. This tax refund wont spend itself.

Yagharek

Goddamn it is so nice to be rid of windows phone 7. OS is fine, nice enough to navigate, but it is a pain in the fucking arse to:
a) sync it with a mac
b) save/backup photos/vids etc onto a pc
c) save and export contacts to anything
d) have the battery last more than 6 hours

No, it would be too hard to be able to export via bluetooth anything along the lines of standard format files or contact cards. Fucking hell.

Had to manually enter in all my mobile contacts yesterday. Avoiding social media sites personal information trackers sure does make it hard to transfer contacts between phones.

Anyway, all done now and by fuck is the xperia s a nice phone. Easy to navigate (still running some old android OS pre v3.0 whatever that is, going to try updating later). Screen is very impresive in terms of black levels and clarity, and battery life is a hell of a lot better than htc poo phones.

Also, I may have gone and spent a bit more than planned on my wife for our 12th anniversary since meeting. I'm expecting a call any minute if she checks the bank account.

Yagharek

Why wouldn't rights holders be entitled to sell their cr- NO NOT AGAIN IT WON'T WORK DON'T EVEN TRY

I'm done with rights/IP/DRM discussion on AusGAF for now. It's like trying to debate religion or politics with friends and family.

Planet Jase: we cool? Sorry it got heated.

Also, I may have gone and spent a bit more than planned on my wife for our 12th anniversary since meeting. I'm expecting a call any minute if she checks the bank account.
Wait.
Am I meant to celebrate the date we were officially dating as well as our wedding date? I had treated our dating date as our anniversary but now people are saying the wedding date is like, the birth of Jesus and all that anniversary shit is rebooted to 0 A.D. or something.
To be honest I would put more stock into the date we were officially together than the date I signed a piece of paper (and forked out a hell of a lot of paper) but not sure if that would be as socially accepted?

I'm terrible with societal customs, I always end up giving people presents whenever I feel like it and nothing never jumps out at me around their birthday/Jesus' birthday.
:/

I'm done with rights/IP/DRM discussion on AusGAF for now. It's like trying to debate religion or politics with friends and family.

Planet Jase: we cool? Sorry it got heated.
We're cool. I don't mind a heated debate. I like them, in fact. I like exchanges of ideas. I like it when people are passionate about things. If people didn't feel strongly about ideas and concepts the world wouldn't be as interesting. Unless everyone agreed with me, which would mean we would be living in a utopia, of course. I wasn't keen on a couple of things in the discussion but I would rather let it all go and move on.

They have a funny way of showing it :'(
But fans love region locking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom